• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Strange Dreams/Nightmares

Linzys

Squadala!
Yeah..Making this thread because I had a particularly disturbing nightmare last night. It still gives me chills to think about.

My nightmare:

I was at some sort of festival in what appeared to be a very urban area. There was a mother and her probably three or two year old daughter, and the daughter was having a fit over something. In anger, she hit her head on a wall. When her mother didn't react, she continued until suddenly her very skull splintered, she screamed and cried hysterically (that's an understatement...) and her mother (and my mom, who was there I guess) Just went 'Oh, shit.' and laughed as though she had simply fallen on her bottom. They didn't freak out or anything, but I was absolutely horrified. I bolted from the spot and ran to find a trooper or a cop or someone who could help. I was yelling at the top of my voice, so loud that it hurt, 'POLICE! POLICE!' and I couldn't find anyone to save the baby. Just an endless crowd that seemed to be unable to hear me.
Eventually, a state trooper I guess, came to my call. I told him what was wrong and he rushed to the spot where the child lay in a pool of blood and people stood by watching as though helpless, and gradually left to go home as the day turned to dusk. The trooper was calling a lot of different people, and eventually some paramedics came, and said that it was too late and nothing could be done. The child even got up and crawled a short distance, not making a sound, and then fell back to the ground. The paramedic said 'It's just a nerve spasm. She's dead.' I couldn't stop crying.. I laid down next to the baby and held her hand. Then I woke up. Or dreamed that I woke up. In the dream, I was in a strange house and it was dark. I went downstairs and told my friend Hannah about the nightmare, then laid down on her bed and fell asleep again.

That's when I really woke up.

..Yeah.

OOH I had a quasi-nightmare too that I'm sure I've had at least once before. I remember it being very vivid while I was having it, but I don't really remember the details now. It was in a sort of haunted house that was in a mall, only it was definitely not a standard, run-of-the-mill haunted house where ghosts pop out at you. It was more of a surreal "you're gradually going insane" type experience, where all this stuff gradually changed when you weren't looking. It was quite disturbing. Anyway, eventually I chickened out and went to a Panera that was right next door. :P

There are a lot of good dreams that I remember and don't feel like typing up now. Although, it seems that almost all of my dreams take place at a summer camp/school setting, or just any place where adults watch over a bunch of kids. Dunno why this is.

Well, a weird dream I had involved me being disguised as a boy. It was really strange. I remember riding on a motorcycle with a couple of guys from my school to my house. Oh, and when I needed fitting clothing for the disguise I remember being in a change room with a bunch of guy's clothes and accusing the clothing for them all being the same as I held up two shirts with the exact same designs only with two different four digit numbers on them.

Afterwards it skipped to me going into the Harbour Inn to catch Darkrai in a once-in-a-lifetime chance and finding out that I didn't have enough Dusk Balls. And I kept on saving a lot.

Lol.

Anyway, my dreams are usually more fun and interesting than scary. They usually take place in a surreal, dusk or dawn lit version of my town or San Francisco, and I'm walking around inside enormous, neon-lit malls with amazing stuff and endless things to find and explore and it's a lot of fun. Sometimes my dreams take place on labyrinthine cruise ships and stuff too, with a lot of halls and interesting rooms and stuff.

Hm. I had a dream recently of taking this extremely long route to get to a tournament of some sort. Half of the dream is spent traveling there, and when I do get there, it turns out to be a festival, with a Pokemon League. So, I go onto this chairlift and start chatting with a contender, apparently deciding to join. Checking my Pokemon, I have a level 80 Feraligatr, two level 9 Magnemite and some others which I couldn't remember, but were significantly lower. It turns out I need to register, and I miraculously get out of the lift (despite being extremely high in the air), register, hurry back to said lift and continue onward. Then I do win the tournament, and get attacked by someone on the way back. I woke up after that with an immense urge to train as hard as I could to bring up my Pokemon's levels and to play Pokemon Stadium 2. ...Which I'm doing at the moment. XD

I lately seem to have dreams involving me getting attacked/dying at the end, despite them not being nightmares. O_o Too lazy to list another one that has me being hurt, though.

I once had a dream many years ago where my family and I were at a local Jewel, and there were some dinosaurs on the loose so we had to hide from them. Really werid, lol.

I once had a dream that I jumped in a pool of water 1000 feet deep. I drowned to death and then a strange cresent moon creature with wings and arms carried me to my house and put me in my bed.

Thats when I woke up.

Strange dreams? I've had Loooaads. I had a really bizarre/ freaky one a few weeks ago.

Earliest I can remember involved this bush that was my kid (No, I don't understand this.), me and my mum lived in a house with some strange fat rapist (Once again I am confused). Anyways, one year christmas came along, and my mum cut down the bush and trimmed it into a christmas tree shape. I then stole about a hundred bucks and left the house (angrily), and went downtown, across a bridge, when this girl who was apparently a friend of mine walked over and started walking with me, so we went to the park, and in part of the park, past a field, was a Lake, with a mangrove next to it, the roots were a bridge. A python came and I think it might have ate someone, I can't remember, maybe it just left. So we went farther into the park and arrived at a graveyard. Then even further there was a giant underground cavern with a lake in it. It was blue, and there were crystals popping out all over the place. My friend let her Natu out, and I told the Natu to transform me into a Milotic. After being tuned into Milotic, I went on a Rampage and killed everyone in the cavern (my friend had vanished xD) then the dungeon keeper came and tried to close the gate, but I got Natu to turn me into a Mew and slid under the gate before it closed. Then I left the park and went back into the city, which oddly enough for me stayed the same. Then the police came and I ran (Or floated or something) back to the graveyard area where Gir asked me to help him get the Invader Zim soundtrack to give to Giovanni as a birthday present. The dream ended on a plane, where I was giving Gir the Record (RECORD!), and he was happy. Some other stuff might have happened but I can't remember.
Phoo.

We already have a dream thread.

But I had a dream where everything was drawn in The Simpsons style. It was something about a guy jumping to the ground, then he got jumped on by an elephant and then the elephant by the dog. And apparently, every place had the names of Simpsons episodes that only existed in the dream. So, I said something about that I was on "Wii" (the "episode" and place was named something with Wii, so everybody just called it Wii). Then I got to a city with some shops or something.

I can't remember it all, but that one was weird.

Every dream I've ever had. Not one of them makes any sense.

Trouble is I forget them too much, or wake up, can't understand what the hell was going on, and can't describe them. But I definitely remember one had something to do with pirates having a water-balloon fight.

I drowned to death

...? (this may be a valid term but I've never heard of it, it sounds damn weird and 'I drowned' has exactly the same meaning)

I barely ever remember any of my dreams, and the closest I get to remembering them is a few fragments that are completely uninteresting. Whoo.

...? (this may be a valid term but I've never heard of it, it sounds damn weird and 'I drowned' has exactly the same meaning)
Not really. I'm pretty sure "drowning" actually just means taking water into the lungs. It doesn't have to be fatal.

I used to have this recurring dream that took place in the Disney castle. Basically I was chained up in the dungeons along with Aladdin, Carpet and that goat from Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Aladdin and Carpet were fine, but the goat would just ram me until my arm broke and then it'd eat me. And nobody would help.

Not my worst dream, but.

The goat's called Djali. I think he's cute~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drowning

'Drowning is death caused by suffocation when a liquid causes interruption of the body's absorption of oxygen from the air' and so on.

I laugh in the face of The Site That Can Be Edited By Any Old Moron!

According to the World Health Organization, drowning is defined as "the process of experiencing respiratory impairment from submersion/immersion in liquid." Drowning outcomes should be classified as resulting in death, morbidity (sustaining an injury), and no morbidity.

I had a dream I was shot in the leg the other night. I can't remember anything else, but I woke up and had to check it wasn't bleeding D:

I had an extremely weird and disturbing dream last night. Some guy kept shooting me around my waist (it felt weird but no big amounts of pain) and then I blacked out and woke up later (in the dream). I could walk without and pain and there were little corks in the holes around my waist from the shots and I kept having little crying moments. And that guy was somehow related to me and he was all like "I do love you though!" But I kept denying it.

I guess that water and popcorn before bed did it. xD

My sister had a reeeeeeeeally weird dream once.

Apparently, our parents were dead, and we apparently lived in a forest or something. My sister apparently went off to find seeds - in the middle of a HOUSE, mind you - and ended up watching some kids. This weird little girl somehow gets into the house, and my sister can tell that she's evil (somehow). She says, "I'm gonna kill you all! Starting with the little boys!" (Why the little boys?) So my sis starts herding the children into somewhere, but they follow her. And she trying to protect the kids, yelling, "hat did they ever do to you?" And, for some reason, my Aunt appears on the couch, saying, "Don't insult her. She'll kill you." (We all knew that, dear Aunt of mine.) So the little girl pulls out some needle thing and starts poking my sister all over her arm with it. And since she knows she' gonna die (somehow), she goes outside, leaving the children, and wonders who she should call first.

And then she woke up.

I used to have this recurring dream where I was in my Grandma's chicken coop (Well, it's not a chicken coop any more, it's like an attic now). I would watch myself walk around, completely oblivious to a wolf right behind me. But every time he would open his mouth to bite me, I would accidentally step on his snout.
Repeat X amounts of times.

Just now I remember this weird dream. Me and my cousin were clothes shopping, and IDK what happened but I said to myself "Well, I guess I can do that- this is only a dream after all." Some other stuff happened that I can't remember, but I remember it had something to do with team rocket.

I just noticed I have a lot of dreams about team rocket Oo"

*thinks of other dreams now*...

AH YES! I remember that one... Me and pretty much every cartoon character I ever knew were singing while I floated in a boat through the water of a Canal in the streets of Los Angeles. I remember Mandy being there in particular. Singing. Idk... But thats probably one of the stranger ones...

Back
Top Bottom