• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

While camping...

Dragon of Fire

Dragon's rage
So, during the weekend I went camping on Lake Michigan, which is kind of normal not so exciting sort of thing, but something else happened.

I drove to a a supposedly good fishing spot on the channel in Duck Lake, and in the parking spot, there were some trucks set up with generators and a bunch of other equipment set up. On the Lake Michigan side (For those who don't know, the channel between Duck Lake and Lake Michigan is really short, I would estimate about 100 ft.) there was a camera and a few lights set up, so I assumed that there was a group taking their pictures for some reason, but it almost looked like a wedding. I looked back to where the cars were and I saw a police pick up truck that said "Dead River County" on it, but some parts around the lettering were covered up with green tape. So we went fishing for a few hours, and when we came back and everything was normal, and everything was put away.

We came back a few hours later to go fishing again, and the stuff was set up again, except this time there was a tent. We wanted to know what was going on, so we asked someone who was obviously part of the event. He said they were filming a horror movie, which just blew me away. So I asked the name, and he said it was Offspring. I thought it was really cool that they were filming a movie so close to where I was at the time.

man

you should've tried to sneak onto the set, and pray they don't notice. If it's a smaller budget movie they might not, and that would be so epic win.

at least you got to see it, which is awesome.

Whee~ Congrats :D It's wonderful that something like that was going on so close to you! Hope it's a good movie!

man

you should've tried to sneak onto the set, and pray they don't notice. If it's a smaller budget movie they might not, and that would be so epic win.

at least you got to see it, which is awesome.

I actualy thought about that. We were going to ask if we could be extras, but we had to leave because it was getting dark.

that's so cool!!!-!!! I'm gonna go fishing sometime soon too... wish me luck I guess... But I personally hate horrorrs, too scary. And I just don't like scary. But still... enough rant...

oh and vyaruana (that really rolls of the toungue /sarcastic]), Being in a movie is relatively suckish lots of the time, A, the first time I was in a movie(hired as background, of course) the movie took 3.5 yrs. to come out and I wasn't in it! they edited me out, they can do that, but at least they told me I was edited out. the 2nd time it took 3 years, and when I finally payed a fiver to watch it, I wasn't there either! (granted I got payed minimum wage both times $8/hr. at the time... now 10$/hr.. and I got 72$ time 1 and like over 100$ the 2nd time, you do the math) but still, they edit out tons of stuff
n'kay NOW enough rant! /rant]

but still, that's cool regardless, both movies I saw were artificial sets, no natural ones, which is cooler. Hopes to you randomly floating past the camera and the editor magically missing it!:grin:

It's sweet that you got to be payed to be in a movie, even though they edited so much stuff out you were not in the first one. *watches movie and seesrandom people with fishing poles walk by*

Back
Top Bottom