• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ultra Beatdown

Vyraura

Finntroller
is amazing. And I feel obligated to post a bulletin announcing it. It's the new Dragonforce album, if you're unenlightened.

Only heard one song on the Terrorizer sample CD and that was a bit boring, can't reallycomment on the album as a whole but if the rest of it goes by the usual Dragonforce sound then it's not gonna be something I'll enjoy listening to. I can't stand power metal and I dislike pointless wankery, so Dragonforce were never really going to be the band for me.

I blame sam totman for that

he's kind of an idiot, he needs to go back to black metal. (he writes all the music and lyrics and everything)

edit: I could say the same for angelspit and a good 50-75% of the bands out there

sam is just fucking drunk off his arse all the time, can't blame the dude

and black metal is worse than power metal

oh wow it is? i haven't heard any black metal before but i find it hard to believe it's worse than power metal

Black metal is amazing, if you think it's shit you're listening to the wrong bands. Not all black metal bands sound like Darkthrone. Try Akercocke, Anaal Nathrakh, Axis Of Perdition, Emperor, Enslaved, Satyricon, Watain, all good shit with decent production (at least on the more recent albums for some of them). I also love the blasty stuff like Gorgoroth, Marduk and 1349 but that can be a bit extreme for most people.

Sam Totman usually comes off as a bit of a dick in interviews though I've never met him so I dunno lol.

Last edited:
Black metal is amazing, if you think it's shit you're listening to the wrong bands. Not all black metal bands sound like Darkthrone. Try Akercocke, Anaal Nathrakh, Axis Of Perdition, Emperor, Enslaved, Satyricon, Watain, all good shit with decent production (at least on the more recent albums for some of them). I also love the blasty stuff like Gorgoroth, Marduk and 1349 but that can be a bit extreme for most people.

Sam Totman usually comes off as a bit of a dick in interviews though I've never met him so I dunno lol.

black metal wears corpsepaint

granted power metal has swords but at least that is manly

black metal wears corpsepaint

granted power metal has swords but at least that is manly
Oh you were talking about the manliness, I assumed you were comparing their musicial qualities, soz haha. In that case black metal's pretty gay too, though going a bit far saying it's worse than power metal. tbh both of them pretty much tie for the honour of being the genre of music least likely to get you laid.

well tbh power metal suits my taste more, i like some black metal but most of it is generic and crappy.

emperor, enslaved, some burzum, old dimmu (if you can call that black), agalloch, wolves in the throne room all rule though

i just like power metal more personally.

well tbh power metal suits my taste more, i like some black metal but most of it is generic and crappy.

emperor, enslaved, some burzum, old dimmu (if you can call that black), agalloch, wolves in the throne room all rule though

i just like power metal more personally.
Fair enough. The black metal bands you mentioned are all decent, old Dimmu is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom