• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Drifloon's Splice Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifloon Rocks

Honey, please don't eat the rancid dung.
Anyone who likes to splice is welcome to enter! Have fun!

The current contest is: To splice Drifloon with any Ice-type, Electric-type, and Fire-type. Good luck!

ENTRIES ARE OPEN!

Entries:

Old contests:
1st Contest Winners: 1st place- Kai, 2nd place- fredie175, 3rd place- Zulo

Last edited:
Re: DR's Sprite Contest!

Oh! I'm in!

Hillbilly Drifloon!

Drifleosaur21801.PNG

Actually, its fused with Sealeo and Ivysaur...

Last edited:
Castform is going to enter since Mewtwo hasn't made a sprite. But both can enter.

Last edited:
Kai'll probably win, but here's mine...

driffish1237176638-iaza.gif

I call it Driffish. Drifloon, Magikarp and Carnivine.

Boy! This will be hard! I'll try my hardest to judge fairly! Grades are out of 10.

Mewtwo:
squirtdrifladezu8.png

The part where his string attaches to the red bouquet is a little off. Did you scratch the rose on it's head? It looks good, but there's nothing inside it. You worked Roserade in well, but you didn't work a lot of Squirtle into into it- only the tail. It doesn't look like you put a lot of effort into the sprite, though. Overall, you did a great job sprite-wise. The only thing it really needs is more Squirtle and more effort.

Zulo:
Drifleosaur21801.PNG

I like how you worked Ivysaur into the sprite. the colors match well. Where the leaves are attached look a bit crooked on his head, as does the mustache. And what's that dark-green rectangle on the bottom of the body? I also think that you could have worked Sealeo in a little more. I can tell that you did some work on this sprite. Good job!

Cryptica:
picture.php

You matched the colors of Drifloon to the body well, but the shading is a bit off. A larger area of the shell should be darker, since the head is so big. And the head is big- it looks a little too big for the body. It also looke a little crooked. I would have liked it if you added more elements of the spliced pokemon, such as color, especially for Treecko.

Darksong:
picture.php

Okay, so I guess it counts to splice with Lombre, but I wanted two Pokemon. There are quite a few problems with this one. The body's light source conflicts with the arms. The arm on the side of body that is darkened is lighter than the one on the side that's toward the light. The hat is on a little high. It looks like there's a gap between where the bottom of the hat would be and the top of Drifloon's head would be. Also, the hat provides no shadow. The body is light under the hat. There should be shadow there. The leaf on the mouth overlaps the hat just a tad.

Fredie175:
drifmintle21301.png

Good job using three Pokemon instead of only two. The only Squirtle I see is the color, but that's fine, since it wasn't required to do three Pokemon. I like that you used Shaymin's flower instead of the X, but there is no other Shaymin on the sprite. The claws look good and are on evenly. There is a rectangle of the shading on the bottom-right that is a bit too dark.

Maron:
sepoli10.png

The quality of the sprite is good, but it's a little too simple. The only things you added were Seedot's hat and Poliwag's tail. Why are the hearts two different colors? There is also some shading on the bottom-right of the body that is too dark. I like the sprite, but it's a little too simple and looks like it didn't take you very long to do.

Kai:
picture.php

Wow. This is quality work. Even though you spliced it with only one Pokemon, it's still good. I think the shading on the bottom needs to be just a tiny bit lighter. I love how you used the hearts as little feet. The hands look to be on a little uneven and a little too big for the body, but the hands and hat give the whole sprite a comical look. Overall great sprite!

Castform:
driffish1237176638-iaza.gif

One thing really bothers me about this sprite. There is a fin on Drifloon's left side, but not one on his right. I'm not sure where the other fin went. The Carnivine leaves are a bit uneven. You took away the strings, but left the space empty. Perhaps some of the vines hanging down on Carnivine? The fin is really the only reason for the low grade.

Trophy's will be given out tomorrow. I have to go to bed now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom