• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Operating Systems

What OS do you use?

• Windows

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Linux

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Mac

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • UNIX

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multiple

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

T-man

EDIT: I know I misspelled the tittle. Deal with it.

The battle is tight, with both sides winning and losing at the same rate as each other. The fighters are cut-throat and die-hard. Neither side can admit the other is anything but a waste of resources and time. And this epic battle? This fight of legend? It is over.....
Mac, Windows, and Linux/Unix.

Er, in other words: This is a debate about which OS is best.

Last edited:
Re: Quite possibly the most debated thing... ever.

What the hell are operation systems?

I think he means operating systems, though he could have been more specific.

Linux. =]

OP sucks

thread sucks

if you want an OS war do it right

i choose windows (especially xp) just because i prefer it personally, i'm not saying mac sucks though

and yeah i am aware that in the beginning windows did kind of rip off apple v_v eh, i just like the way everything is on windows better. plus tons of the programs i use wouldn't work on a mac and also wouldn't work on vista. i seriously think that not even one of the programs i like to use would work on a vista o.o from what i remember of the one my family had from when i was about 3 to when i was about 8, windows 98 was pretty ok too. it was slow, but that was probably because i installed probably over fifty computer games that i barely ever played anyway. we never had a 2000 or nt, we went straight from '98 to xp and nothing in between, but i've used some 2000s and i don't like them much. i don't know what it is that i don't like about them, i guess it's because almost every windows 2000 computer i've ever used was really, really slow? i dunno

i choose windows (especially xp) just because i prefer it personally, i'm not saying mac sucks though

Operating systems go beyond those made by Apple and Microsoft.

plus tons of the programs i use wouldn't work on a mac and also wouldn't work on vista. i seriously think that not even one of the programs i like to use would work on a vista o.o

...what programs do you use, exactly? I've found that I've been able to use the same programs I used on XP on Vista. True, I didn't use many, but have you looked up compatibility or are you just going off assumption? (yes, Mac is entirely different)

(Oh, and I dual boot Vista and Ubuntu at the moment; I've played around with other Linux distros in the past, however)

I don't like windows at all, but I'm not getting rid of it for some reason. Probably just because most of my games were designed especially for it.

I'm dual booting Vista and Ubuntu too, like CNiall.

Anyone else find that Vista crashes at least ten times more often than XP?
Seems like MS just wanted an OS that looks better.

I've only been on a Mac a few times, I can't really give that much of an opinion on them.

Also too many people are referring to Windows computers as PCs.

eh, i just like the way everything is on windows better.
what way is that

plus tons of the programs i use wouldn't work on a mac and also wouldn't work on vista.
like what

we never had a 2000 or nt, we went straight from '98 to xp and nothing in between, but i've used some 2000s and i don't like them much. i don't know what it is that i don't like about them, i guess it's because almost every windows 2000 computer i've ever used was really, really slow? i dunno
XP is 2000 with a playskool skin slapped on top

I use Windows XP for no particular reason other than its what came installed on my hard drive and It's what I'm used to. I have no problem with Mac, or Linux, I just use Windows.

They jam all that extra crap into vista. Get rid of them and you'll be fine.

Already have. :(
Unless you're referring to different extra crap than what I think.

Already have. :(
Unless you're referring to different extra crap than what I think.

I was okay after I got rid of Norton... And replaced it with another antivirus program. I don't get a lot of crashes from vista (in fact, I've never even seen a vista crash before)

I've tried using Macs, but I just couldn't get used to it...

What, exactly, is so different about OS X that everyone is put off by?

It looks ugly. :(

I don't like the way that all the programs are crammed into this tiny bar at the bottom on the desktop. This is probably my own ignorance, but I can't even figure out how to get the search prompt thing going. My experience with Macs is limited to the Apple store we have here, though.

Windows 98 is horrible. It's slow and ugly and eew. Windows ME is supposed to be really bad but I've never used it. XP was ok. Vista was really slow in the beginning but I think it got faster when I switched to classic mode.
There are some things about Vista that are really annoying, though. I can't think of any right off the bat, but I assure you that there are.

Back
Top Bottom