• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stupid insane strategies

Daigonite

as disgruntled as ever
I like to think of these stupid insane strategies, here's one I recently came up with:

You have a Leafeon, EV trained for Attack, Defense and 1 HP, Adamant nature (this can also be done with Flareon, except with Sp. Defense). Give it a choice band, and it's only move is Last Resort *maxed out PP with PP Ups*.

I like to think of these stupid insane strategies, here's one I recently came up with:

You have a Leafeon, EV trained for Attack, Defense and 1 HP, Adamant nature (this can also be done with Flareon, except with Sp. Defense). Give it a choice band, and it's only move is Last Resort *maxed out PP with PP Ups*.

Needs more Quick Attack (if you go without Choice Band) to mess up things with Focus Sash. Also needs speed because all that power means absolutely nothing if I decide my Infernape is going to Flamethrower your Leafeon. Of course, Infernape would go first even with extra speed, but still. Persian and Ambipom generally do this better for exactly that reason.

But hey, whatever floats your boat. If that's how you want to do it you might as well go all the way and do it with an Eevee that has Adaptability.

In Pokemon XD there's a SIM where you have a Shedinja and a Raticate and you're fighting a Medicham/Meditite who have Protect and Meditate as moves. You have to Endeavor your Shedinja, and then Endeavor them and Sandstorm. srsly wut.

In Pokemon XD there's a SIM where you have a Shedinja and a Raticate and you're fighting a Medicham/Meditite who have Protect and Meditate as moves. You have to Endeavor your Shedinja, and then Endeavor them and Sandstorm. srsly wut.
Best battle CD ever. Sandstorm shedinja for the win!

2vs2 strat: poké one follow me, poké two belly drums; turn two, pokémon psych up on its partner, pokémon two protect (psych up works through protect). Turn three, both pokémon have +6 attack and only one is at half health (assuming that your opponent is just sitting around and doing nothing worthwhile).

Similarly, bibarel with simple and protect; partner with acupressure. Whenever you protect with bibarel, aim an acupressure at it, and because acupressure works through protect, you get a +4 boost to a random one of bibarel's stats.

Basically all truly crazy strategies are possible only in 2vs2. Mimic and skill swap make for so much insanity.

uber-long invincibility combo
shedinja + porygon
porygon uses conversion
shedinja mimic
porygon switches for a psychic type
shedija used conversion (knowing only mimic+toxic)
shedinja becomes(hopefully) poison
psychic type used skill swap
shedinja switches for sabeleye
psychic used skill swap
sableye became invincible!
yah that's it for me... lol... ... ...

Except that you can't skill-swap wonder guard. I also fail to see the point of making shedinja a poison-type, but whatever.

Only use I see in the conversion method with Shedinja is to use Conversion to become a steel type (I THINK Nincada learns a steel attack somewhere along the line)

That way, alot of weaknesses are eliminated, along with indirect damage from Sandstorm and Toxic (Although I know NOTHING about how Conversion works for Pokemon that have two types)

You make wondertomb with an Action Replay.

Ah, just basic hacking. Was thinking of the No Guard Walrein thing.

I've always had fun using the strategies I see Battle Tower opponents using, because occasionally they have some fixed strategy that I find amusing or sometimes so unexpected it's actually good. Lets see. Sadly they aren't good enough for competitive use, oh well.

Absol with Punishment, Swagger, Sucker Punch and whatever holding Focus Band. Riley used it, you swagger to make Punishment 100 power. If they hit you for huge damage due to swagger you will survive no matter what, and get at least one sucker punch in. If they hurt themselves in confusion, Punishment is suddenly very powerful.

I laughed when I saw a Cacturne doing this, because I had tried it before. Ingrain + Leftovers + Leech Seed + Protect + Needle Arm/whatever. Obviously not competitive, but fun to use.

drawing a blank on the rest ; ; oh well

Back
Top Bottom