• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Which Eeveelution is the most Powerful?

KMew

Um, yeah. Just wondering. I've got a few Eevee eggs lying around, and it got me to wondering. Which Eeveelution is the most powerful? Or does it all depend?

Yeah. I'm kind of biased towards Espeon myself, but I have no actual reason why. XD

Powerful in terms of what? They all have the exact same stats but distributed in different ways, so raw stat total isn't any way to choose. They all have pretty shallow and awkward movepools, so that doesn't help, either. Competitively Vaporeon is generally considered the best because it can actually get decent use out of what little movepool it has and isn't completely outclassed by something else. Jolteon is usually ranked as second best, with Umbreon or Espeon around third/fourth, then Leafeon, then Glaceon, and Flareon is considered almost entirely unusable crap. But if you aren't playing competitively then those rankings don't mean much.

So... define "most powerful".

Well, by "most powerful," I'm kind of leaning towards "What could beat the crap out of its opponent the most?" Not against a specific Pokemon, just Pokemon in general.

And mainly because I want to know which one I should choose in XD.

Any of them not named Umbreon, then, because Umbreon can't attack worth crap. If you want something strong and with decent to good speed as well, then your choices are Leafeon, Espeon and Jolteon. I suppose of the three Espeon is technically the most "powerful" because special attack is its highest stat as opposed to second highest (or attack, in Leafeon's case). And since Leafeon isn't available in XD... Espeon or Jolteon. There you go.

Vaporeon and Flareon (and Glaceon, outside of XD) will work if you don't mind that they're so slow, although in XD Flareon is completely incapable of using Fire-type attacks to their fullest potential (not that it does it any better in DP). Vaporeon would be a more solid choice.

If you have seven Eevee eggs then get all of them. It would help you complete your Pokedex and your not going to find them in the wild. In terms of power, I would suggest different Pokemon, because, like Kratos Aurion said they have shallow movepools and are ment to be 'display' Pokemon as in catch them, train them but don't expect them to be the too competitive. if you want to train eeveelutions for battle, maybe Vaporeon and Espeon would be a good choice.

It annoys me when someone says things like "Which one is the most powerful?". My sister does it all the time with Mario Kart, she asks "Which character and kart is best?"

Neither of them is 'best' to be honest. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. But it depends whether or not your planning to do this competetively. If you are, don't ask me for help because i don't know anything about it.

Well, since this is for XD, I'd go with either Espeon or Jolteon. (I prefer Espeon, but it doesn't make too much of a difference) They both make good, fast special sweepers, which prove to be very handy when every battle, except those against wild Pokemon, is double battle.

It annoys me when someone says things like "Which one is the most powerful?". My sister does it all the time with Mario Kart, she asks "Which character and kart is best?"

Neither of them is 'best' to be honest. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. But it depends whether or not your planning to do this competetively. If you are, don't ask me for help because i don't know anything about it.

That isn't always true. There is a distinct difference in power between Scyther and Mothim, whether you play competitively or not. You can choose to ignore stat differences and move selection if you like, and more power to you if you do, but statistically Scyther will always be better than Mothim. If he's asking which is the most powerful then there certainly is a definitive answer, and in that case the answer would be Scyther. Should he decide to disregard statistical power and moveset options then of course it comes down to personal preference and whatever other factors you choose to decide by, but some Pokémon are more powerful and effective than others and there's no two ways about it. This also goes for the Eeveelutions. Face it: even if you don't play competitively the stats and move selections are still there. You can ignore them, but they're there. And Espeon and Jolteon, if you're looking for something fast and strong, work with what they were given better than the other Eeveelutions. Given the criteria KMew described, they are more powerful. :/

It does, but he wants something that can attack, not defend. Umbreon's attack stats are terrible compared to all the rest. Umbreon can be great in competitive play where you have time to be defensive, but ingame you're generally better off just KOing the other Pokémon as fast as possible and being done with it.

It completely depends on the tier your opponent is agreeing to play with.

For sheer attack power, however, Flareon Espeon and Glaceon have the highest base attacks out of the set. However, you have to take into account movepool. Since Flareon is so limited, it is probably the "weakest" of the eeveelutions, despite its enormous attack.

Generally speaking, if we assign the title of "strongest" to the one that is used in the highest tier, then Jolteon and Vaporeon would play out as best.

That isn't always true. There is a distinct difference in power between Scyther and Mothim, whether you play competitively or not. You can choose to ignore stat differences and move selection if you like, and more power to you if you do, but statistically Scyther will always be better than Mothim. If he's asking which is the most powerful then there certainly is a definitive answer, and in that case the answer would be Scyther. Should he decide to disregard statistical power and moveset options then of course it comes down to personal preference and whatever other factors you choose to decide by, but some Pokémon are more powerful and effective than others and there's no two ways about it. This also goes for the Eeveelutions. Face it: even if you don't play competitively the stats and move selections are still there. You can ignore them, but they're there. And Espeon and Jolteon, if you're looking for something fast and strong, work with what they were given better than the other Eeveelutions. Given the criteria KMew described, they are more powerful. :/

Bah, Tiers R 4 Queers. Anyways, Castform was just pointing out that they all have the same stats, distributed differently of course, and thus they have advantages and disadvantages. I do, however, get where you are coming from about Scyther and Mothim and the Eeveeloutions. But if I had my opinion it would be Vaporeon. :D

Bah, Tiers R 4 Queers.

Whatever. Doesn't change the fact that Flareon will always be bottom of the barrel statistically.

Anyways, Castform was just pointing out that they all have the same stats, distributed differently of course, and thus they have advantages and disadvantages. I do, however, get where you are coming from about Scyther and Mothim and the Eeveeloutions. But if I had my opinion it would be Vaporeon. :D
A point I acknowledged before Castform even posted. The fact remains that Espeon and Jolteon are still best suited for what the OP wants to do. By his definition of "power", they are the most powerful. It depends on what you mean. Nothing is good at everything at once, so you pick what you need it to do and it's easy to define what the best choice is from there.

Whatever. Doesn't change the fact that Flareon will always be bottom of the barrel statistically.

Yeah, I know. Poor Flareon.

A point I acknowledged before Castform even posted. The fact remains that Espeon and Jolteon are still best suited for what the OP wants to do. By his definition of "power", they are the most powerful. It depends on what you mean. Nothing is good at everything at once, so you pick what you need it to do and it's easy to define what the best choice is from there.

I wasn't saying anything about them not being the strongest. I was more or less just reposting Castform's post with some of my views thrown into the mix. I wonder if anyone got the brawl reference. :unsure:

I'd say for ingame fast sweepers are best so I'd go with Espeon or Jolteon. Espeon has three weaknesses and Jolteon has one but Espeon's are much rarer. For Espeon the weaknesses are Bug[rare and weak], Ghost[not to strong, rather rare] and Dark[rare but can be quite strong]. As for Jolteon the only weakness it has is Ground but Ground isn't really a rare type and it has some powerful moves of it's type [earthquake and others will KILL you]. Hope I was useful.

From EeveeSkitty

To put things more in context of XD, IIRC, moves that Espeon is weak to really don't show up that much. As for Pokemon of a type that resists/is immune to psychic, that's not the most common occurence, and my Espeon has bite and shadow ball as well as the obvious psychic, so not all is lost. Better yet, every battle is a double battle, so I end up never worrying about types so much.

Yeah, I usually prefer Espeon as it is Psychic which rocks. It is also my 2nd favorite Pokemon tied with Skitty and Delcatty. But it really is good. But for ingames you can use any of them apart from Umbreon but Espeon and Jolteon will give you less training and make the game easier.

From EeveeSkitty

Well Vapereon and Jolteon are okay I guess, no idea bout Glaceon and Leafeon cos I never bothered to get them. Flareon is my favourite but only cos its cute, it is i guess pretty rubbish, yeah I guess i'd go for Espeon, psychic's normally rock

Back
Top Bottom