• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pet Peeves

Erindor the Espeon

How do you do? Pleased to meet you. I'm Erindor.
That's right. Come out in the open and post the things you hate about people. But please, for everyone's sake, do not post specifically who it is.

I hate people who can't take a hint. You hint that you don't like them, or what they're doing, and they don't get it at all. It really gets on my nerves.

How 'bout yours?

- People who are never happy / never smile
- People who never stop talking about how hard their life is
- Whiny people
- OMG, WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT??
- OMG, HOW COULD YOU DO THINGS I DON'T LIKE
- YOU'RE AN AWFUL PERSON

Also
- UGH GOD I DON'T CONFORM TO WHATEVER GENERALISATION YOU MADE EARLIER, SO EVEN THOUGH YOU SAID 'USUALLY' I'M GOING TO ACT ALL UPPITY AND OFFENDED ABOUT IT :( :( :(

- replying to a post in quotes
- misuse of "your"
- misuse of "there"
- people who claim something is unimportant if they don't like it
- obnoxiously long signatures with absolutely no substance whatsoever (*HINT*)
- people who listen to *core
- people who think musical quality is purely opinion-based
- people who think all music in a genre sounds the same
- people who hate vague genres (metal, jazz, rock, electronic, etc.)
- half of the people on this forum
- tailsy's current avatar
- people who are younger than 14yo being on this forum
- people who refuse to tag their music correctly
- people who have 128kbps music files that are like 89dB and then upload them

seriously note the last one. nobody cares about your goddamn music if it sounds like a bunch of fucking whale noises.

Last edited:
The one that annoys me most is silverware scratching on plates. It really hurts my hears and makes me feel weird and stuff.

Erm...

-Homophobes. Why?
-Discriminative people in general.
-Scrollbars in signatures (Why will mine not go?)
-People who antagonise others for the fun of it.
-People who base every single one of their opinions on the bible/another book of fairy tales.
-Shallow people.
-Most of my tutor group.

Although "hate" is a strong word:

- People who think being "random" and/or abusing caps lock/exclamation marks equals hilarity.
- People with fan characters crudely and shamelessly edited from canon characters (bonus annoying points if they claim a relation to canon characters).
- People who have their characters "talk" in their sig or posts, often in conjunction with the above points.
- People who try to seem cool/evil/powerful/whatever.
- People who do not think for themselves (or at all).
- People with enough arrogance/overconfidence to sink a ship.
- People who seek attention, actively try to cause trouble, and confused argh-my-life-is-ruin-and-woe people.
- People who try to push their beliefs on others, often insulting people who disagree with them.
- People who are obnoxiously, caustically sarcastic/dismissive, especially when the target of said sarcasm doesn't really deserve it and/or they think it's funny/cool.
- People who talk behind other people's backs, laughing amongst themselves at other people's perceived stupidity.
- People who lack basic respect for other people.

Those are in no particular order, but as a general rule I think I actually have more tolerance for the mildly stupid people with annoying habits than I do for the "cool" jerks who apparently get their kicks mocking and laughing at everyone else behind their backs. I think it has something to do with the relative ignorance levels. :(

- Religious extremists.
- Atheist extremists.
- Just extremists in general, I guess.
- Holier than thou attitudes.
- People who complain about their lives all the time. Unless they're in Darfur or something.
- People who consistently misspell words, especially if it's their mother tongue.
- Console-wars because those are dumb as shit.
- When there are glaring mistakes in Historical films.
- BEING SO ~*RANDOM*~

-god of the gaps
-religious people
-habitual immaturity
-American children between the ages of 10 and 12
-anyone who takes the above statement at face value
-conservitivity (I don't think that is a word oh well)
-people who only listen to one genre of music
-*core
-anyone daring to have an opinion without knowing all the actual facts beforehand
-militant vegetarians, feminists, the male equivalent, and other flawed philosophies
-anyone who doesn't actually consider multiple sides of an argument

I'm not including the ones that only apply in real life because... this is online and all.
I'll probably think of more because I hate a lot of things. Anything that goes under the category of 'stupidity' will suffice for now, though.

People who turn their music up too loud.
People who are judging.
The occasional day that's so weird you can't stand it.
People who can't take a hint. *applies to second one*
Having to swallow pills.

- People who think they're better than everyone else/look down on everyone even if they don't actually say this you can still tell they're thinking it.
- People who say their opinions are facts an completely disregard others' opinions and/or feelings.
- Stereotypes - not the stereotypes themselves, but people who take them seriously or actually act like the stereotypes.
- Scrollbar sigs
- Trolls
- Whiny little kids (the really whiny ones, not just the normal whinyness amount for people that age)
- People who think that 4chan memes/behaviour is okay on every other website.
- People who think that 4chan memes/behaviour is okay in real life.
- 4chan memes/behaviour
- People who think that they're affected in personal ways by people simply having a different opinion.
- Ignorant people in general. (although everyone is a bit ignorant)
- Using right handed scissors in my left hand/left handed scissors in my right hand. I HATE that noise.
- People who have an opinion and not knowing why they have it.
- People who -insert belief here- act "You are evil" towards people who -insert contradicting belief here-
- People who assume that all people who -insert belief here- act "You are evil" towards people who -insert contradicting belief here-
- People who think vegetarianism is a flawed philosophy D:<

Last edited:
People who despise me for no apparent reason and continue to hate me however civil I try to be to them.

I am actually referring to someone in particular here, but not someone on tCoD. It just feels good to be able to spite them. >=)

- People who are mean and snarky to others for absolutely no reason. You have no idea how much this pisses me off.

- On that note, people who are disrespectful.

- People who insult those who disagree with their views.

- When people don't capitalize things because it's "cool."

- People who mispell things on purpose.

- People who are fanatical about a certain thing and insult those who don't know as much about it as they do, bringing out a whole bunch of technical bibble babble that others "not in the circle" don't understand.

- People who are condescending towards others on the basis of discrimination. (Age, gender, sex, etc.)

- Homophobes.

- Extremists.

- People who really just don't think about others' feelings before opening their mouths.

- Loud music and loud noises.

- Those who judge others too heavily.

...I don't like it when people ignore me in idle conversation. Also, anybody overly obsessed with violet games, as that's, like, the only thing people I know like these days.

-people who think they're better than everyone else, especially if it's because they/their parents have more money
-girls who stuff their bra and/or dress immodestly
-people who can't stand that other people may have different religious beliefs
-people who don't respect that others believe/don't believe in any religion
-people who think something someone else likes is childish/stupid just because they don't like it (ex. Pokemon)
-boys that wear tight pants (ewwww!) and/or wear their pants really low and leave their underwear/butt showing (double ewwww!)
-people who do drugs/smoke/drink underage
-Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, and other such Disney "celebrities"

- People who are mean without any sort of provocation -- the type who like to pick on others.
- People who just. Don't. Get it. No matter how much you explain.
- People who refuse to consider that they might be wrong.
- People who discriminate against others for their own personal reasons.
- People who never give anyone else a chance to get a word in.

And, on an unrelated note...
- The sound of metal scraping. Aaaaauuggghh.

-people who...don't believe in any religion
=/

-people who think they're better than everyone else, especially if it's because they/their parents have more money
-girls who stuff their bra and/or dress immodestly
-people who don't respect that others believe/don't believe in any religion
-people who think something someone else likes is childish/stupid just because they don't like it (ex. Pokemon)
-boys that wear tight pants (ewwww!) and/or wear their pants really low and leave their underwear/butt showing (double ewwww!)
-people who do drugs/smoke/drink underage
-Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, and other such Disney "celebrities"

Oh, all of these, except the one about trousers.

You heard him girls, everyone buy burkas.

I so want one of those :D

But I think Cryssie summed it up well with her last one. I don't like it when people don't show respect for others. If you do that, everything follows; you'll be tolerant, accepting, polite and civil.

Things that bother me in particular are when people are deliberately mean and rude (especially to show off), when they're intolerant (like Strangy said, extreme athiests are every bit as annoying as extreme theists) and especially when people feel the need to bitch about someone else behind their back.

Oh yeah, and celebrity gossip magazines at the store. "Oprah's love affair! Her secret sex life with Lindsay Lohan!" They drive me crazy. I once saw one that said "Lindsay's getting married?! She's wearing a ring!" And it had a close-up of her hand with a ring on it. Girls can wear rings without getting married, you know... -_-

And Zac Effron, Ashley Tisdale, and Vanessa Slutjens.

More:

People who look down on people that are younger than them (And, for that matter, older than them)
People who don't know when to stop when they're joking
People don't care what anyone think
Disney celebrities
People who have no self-esteem
People who think the most important thing in the world is sex
People who are obsessed with bloody gory stupid "Kill Everything in Sight Version 4 Including Every Weapon Known to Man and Double Gore"-type games
People who complain about the tiniest things
People who don't take no for an answer (Petitions are fine, but arguements about "I'm the best" are not
People who don't think before they act
People who blurt out whatever they want, including secrets (I told a few of my most trusted friends a secret that I didn't want anyone else to know, and a few weeks later the whole school knew. And whenever they forget about it, somebody brings it back up.)
People who don't like things because they're cute ("I main Ness" "Ness sux" "How" "He looks childish")
Fanboys (The obnoxious ones)
People who have REALLY bad grammar
People who use chatspeak

And ones not about people:

Biting into ice cream
Cabinets being open
When it's really cold and people don't turn up the air
Gory games (I cannot stand them)

And more I'll remember even later.

Back
Top Bottom