• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

SSB: Pokemon characters you want to see

alonsyalonso

Will be leaving soon. Bye!!!
Which pokemon related characters do you think deserve a polace in the next SSB?

Heres my list:
Sinnoh Trainer-has Turtwig, Monferno and Empoleon
Mewtwo (again) If they improve him
Pokemon Ranger-has Plusle and Minum
Pokemon Rescue Team? Chikorita,Charmander and bulbasaur
I'd quite like to see Garchomp and Toxicroak as well maybe Drapion
Mii Character (or as an assist trophy)
Ray Mark II (Would so rock!)
Shadow the Hedgehog (only if he was from his game and not too like Sonic
Pokemon Female Trainer (Charmeleon,Bulbasaur,Blastoise)
Rocket Leader: (Sableye, Mewoth, Seviper)
Blaziken (somehow)
Regi Trio (Regice,Registeel,Regirock)
Master Chief
Cooking MAMA (Assist Trophy only!)
Shy Guy Trio
Bad Boyz Trio (Dry Bones,Shy Guy, Koopa)
Pacman
Cynthia (Garchomp,Roserade,Lucario)

Bring Back:
Mewtwo
Dr.Mario

Last edited:
Re: What P.K characters do u wanna see in SSB?

Maybe Eevee, and after it's final smash it could evolve randomly or something?

Also, in your sig why's the KFC logo behind Falco?

Mmm, I'd love to see Eevee, but I'm not sure how they'd make the quadruped thing work; it could hold a baseball bat in its mouth like Pikachu, but it'd never be able to carry a crate or anything.

I'd also love to see a female trainer. There were no new females in SSBB D<

Needs more Ditto. :]

I'd also love to see a female trainer. There were no new females in SSBB D<

whaaaaah they couldn't bother to dig up some random girl from a nintendo game just to make random feminists like me happy

Dude seriously, they still had girls. Several even!

Anyways, Blaziken'd be awesome. Even though it probably won't get in in favor of some random 5th gen Pokémon, it'd still be fun to Fire Punch or Blaze Kick someone off the stage. :3

I fully support making it easier for me to punch girls in the face in Smash

The trainer's the only character you can't punch in the face.

Walker said:
whaaaaah they couldn't bother to dig up some random girl from a nintendo game just to make random feminists like me happy

Dude seriously, they still had girls. Several even!

No, what they need are more decent females in games in general so they wouldn't have to pick out random NPCs if they wanted to include them more in Brawl.

How about this, Danni: the Pokemon are now girls. It's not like you can tell either way ANYWAY. quite a lot of the SSBB cast is effectively genderless, anyway :|

Last edited:

Deoxys could possibly work...but its down B would be a clone of Zelda. because Deoxys have different forms.

I'd like to see one of the smaller Pokemon in there. I can kinda picture Eevee in the game.

EDIT: They should've used Ditto as a pokeball. Didn't they try and do that in Melee but scrapped it?

How about this, Danni: the Pokemon are now girls. It's not like you can tell either way ANYWAY. quite a lot of the SSBB cast is effectively genderless, anyway :|

Actually, the fact that the gender difference effectively makes practically all Pikachu in the world, including the one you play as on SSBB male, also bugs me hugely. Would it have killed them to give him a cloven tail half the time? Or maybe on an alternate outfit?
I'll give you Jiggly, but Lucario's definitely male, and given the gender ratios, I'd guess that at least two of the Kanto three are, too.

Even the nearly-genderless characters are male - Otacon specifies in a Codec conversation that Yoshi is, and creatures like Boswer and Kirby are referred to as male on their trophy descriptions.

Eh. It's Super Smash Bros. for a reason, I guess.

Actually, I'm pretty freaking sure that everyone ignores the gender difference for Pikachu. It got retconned in and was promptly ignored. By everyone. Ever. (mainly because the tail thing is really freaking stupid)

Why are you sure that Lucario is male?

Yoshi lays eggs. Bowser's male, yes; Kirby is supposedly male but how the hell can anyone tell?; Meta Knight is male.

Someone picked genders for them quite a while ago, likely because "it" has negative connotations and for whatever reason male is frequently viewed as the default. I see no reason to complain about the gender ratios of iconic video game characters, especially when many of them are androgynous and frequently blobs. If you can't tell genders, who cares?

The trainer's the only character you can't punch in the face.
I consider this to be a bug

No, what they need are more decent females in games in general so they wouldn't have to pick out random NPCs if they wanted to include them more in Brawl.
hey you know what

maybe if more girls got into game development this wouldn't be a problem

we get it, you wish there were more girls in games. sorry, people write what they know, and most of the people in the game industry are guys because girls do not give nearly as much of a damn

"we want equal representation!!! oh what you want us to actually go in that field? no way that field is boring, leave that to the men"

goddamn

Last edited:

but eevee girls don't usually program :(

Girls are in games!

tifa.jpg

uhhhh wait....

this is vaguely related but my school's IT program is 95% male

there are actually girls there

Why are you sure that Lucario is male?

It's the voice o.o

Yoshi lays eggs.

I know. That's Snake's reaction when Otacon tells him, too.

Someone picked genders for them quite a while ago, likely because "it" has negative connotations and for whatever reason male is frequently viewed as the default. I see no reason to complain about the gender ratios of iconic video game characters, especially when many of them are androgynous and frequently blobs. If you can't tell genders, who cares?

I agree with most of what you're saying, but even if you take the blobs and non-anthromorphic animals away, there's a huge difference in the number of males to females. And the only truly iconic female Nintendo character is Samus; Peach and Zelda (even if the series is named after her) play second fiddle to the leading man.

Eevee said:
maybe if more girls got into game development this wouldn't be a problem

I don't know if that's true or not. More women write kid's books than men, but in an admittedly outdated study, there was a 91:1 ratio of male:female characters in books for primary schoolers.

I'll stop complaining now. I apologize for my throwaway comment spiraling this far and my bitching about things doesn't really belong here.

i'm just going to respond to the thread title

i'd like to see quagsire or typhlosion in there o.o probably wouldn't happen though, seeing as they're not very prominent pokemon like pikachu or the other pokemon characters v_v

i'm just going to respond to the thread title

Thank you!
I'd also like to see mew but not as a crappy little pokemonball character that gives away free stuff and just flies off.

Back
Top Bottom