• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Seven Year Anniversary

Koori Renchuu

Always look for the heart in things!
You know what I am talking about. Discuss where you were, how you found out, what you were feeling, and the main worry you had at the time of the attack on this date.

I was in school, I was only in 2nd grade I think. I didn't know it happened until my friend told me the day after. I was like, "No way!" My little brother's preschool let out early that day, though.

I was in my sixth grade english class, I cried my eyes out, I was so shaken by the images that I saw that crying was inevitable. People said that the WTC was bombed, I thought, "Again?" Little did I expect airplanes to crash into the building.

I was about seven and because of the time difference I was already at home, playing with some legos. My babysitter was watching television when suddenly all the channels started showing the attack as it was happening. I didn't really understand at the time but it did shock me a little, especially since so many people died. I'm sure some of you may have lost friends or family.

What maddens me is that this was mostly avoidable, that Bush sent Bin Laden's family (who was living in America at that time) back to the middle east by plane even though air traffic was blocked everywhere else, and the retarded war which has been going on for years. Especially with the language Bush used during his speeches, calling it a holy war and such, he played right into Osama's hands.
Ugh.

I was drooling on the car seat, bored to death and listening to S&M while my grandparents were shopping for mundane stuff.

When I heard of it I was just "meh" and went back to playing Warcraft. My main worry was World War III, since I already knew by then that muslim countries stood together and they could target the UN if Bush were to counterattack. Fortunately I fail at predicting stuff.

I was about eight or so and woke up early to watch morning cartoons. I wanted to know why the stupid news was on when cartoons should be.

Of course I didn't understand the gravity of the situation. :/

I was home with a bad cold...just as my mom eturned from dropping my sister off at school, my dad called my mom and told her "Turn on the TV!" Turn on the TV!" So we did and watched, stunned, as the carnage unfolded.

I wanted to know just who could've done this, and the TV wasn't helping by repeating what was already known. When the first tower went down, I hurried to my room, tuned my radio to the public radio station, and left it there; relaying what updates I could to my dad over e-mail, since he had no radio or TV at work.

As tragic as it is, I think it's time most of America moved on. Really, most people weren't directly effected, anyway... :/

True, but I'd just like a survey of the emotions and experiences that people had during the ordeal. I may be opening wounds, but it's like Kennedy's assassination for us.

I had no idea what you were talking about for a moment. xD 'Seventh year anniversary for what?'

Nobody even mentioned it at school today, although '9/11' has been said so much I just remember the name.

Uh... I have absolutely no idea. I probably didn't even know about it.

I feel bad because it took me 10 minuted to work out what you were talking about. :(

I woke up in the morning, it was on the news. I went to school and everyone was all 'OMG WORLD WAR III!" and trying to find various middle eastern countries on the globe. We were all 9 at the time so...

What happened on November ninth? I got a handjob, it was a good day, what're you all cryin' about?

|D

Uh, I was like... nine and I didn't really care at the time. I wasn't some crazy freak who actually watched the news :[ I pretty much don't remember it.

I was in fourth grade, not paying attention in class. I was reading a book under my desk and had no idea why people started being sent home. I just went with it. My parents told me at home though.

It took me a moment to realize what was special about today, too.

I remember chatting loudly with my friends on the school bus (I'd just started secondary school) and then the driver yelling at us to quiet down because "hundreds of people died today! D<" and I watched the news with my parents when I got home.

I'd never even heard of the Twin Towers before, but my mum was pretty upset because her mum lived in Manhatten for most of her life and things.

I was asleep

and didn't really care too much

still don't

mostly I thought it was cool that my generation finally got something interesting going on

I have no idea. It was seven years ago, can we move on?
This. We had the 7/7 bombings three years ago and aside from ridiculous anti-terror legislation and lots of hype in the papers, no-one really cares any more. Still, I suppose that the death toll from 7/7 is quite incomparable to that of 11/9 (srsly guys your dating system makes no sense).

Where was I seven years ago? I had just come home and I was watching Cardcaptors (I WAS only eight at the time!). When they interrupted it for some silly news about weird foreigners, prepubescent GQ was quite indignant about the whole affair and cursed the name of the broadcasters for eternity (ITV or BBC? I can't remember any more which one got Cardcaptors).

Seven years later, my attitude is still largely unconcerned. Of course it's a tragedy that 3,000 people had to die - hell, is there ever a situation where it isn't? - but in the end it's still just another bunch of deaths in a foreign land. To my mind, it's no different to Sudan or Iraq or whatever.

Uh, yeah. We do need to get over it. But in a few years time it's just going to be another Pearl Harbor Day anyway. Half the people you ask over here don't even know when Pearl Harbor Day is. :\

I was in fourth grade. I'd suspected something was up because parents kept coming and calling their kids out of school. (Like they'd even target anything in freaking West Virginia). Then at some point we turned on the television and saw the news. I was like "Oh, that sucks I guess" and went back to doing my work.

Back
Top Bottom