• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Planned Teams for Platinum?

Icalasari

YAY! NEW AVATAR! :D
Since more and more info is becoming available, I am sure people have begun to plan out their teams, and also have begun to decide what to do first when finished the main story

So, post your planned teams in here, along with your plans!

All Pokemon for this team will either traded over as eggs/fossils or caught/found in-game, excluding the Hacked Mew

Infernape (Will likely know Strength
Floatzel (Will know Surf)
Cherrim/Leafeon
Aerodactyl
Houndoom/Gallade/Lucario/Drapion (I am unable to decide. Houndoom would force Infernape to fill the Fighting spot. Gallade and Lucario would force it to fill the Fire spot. And Drapion, well, Drapion IS awesome, but then there are the other three to choose from ;.;)
Mew (HM Slave... What? Hacked Mews DO have a use for those that don't want to use it in wifi battles. Anyways, will have Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Waterfall, and Cut)

My team for Platinum? *smirks*

Empoleon / Vaporeon (Who needs a starter? I'd train it until I get a Budew or Ralts)
HOUNDOOM (I've developed an obsession for Houndoom since learning that they're in Platinum. So of course I'll have one)
Gardevoir / Gallade (Either one. Gallade has a massive variety of moves, but so does Gardevoir. I just have to pick whether I want physical or special)
Roserade / Cherrim / Tropius / Tangrowth / Leafeon (Roserade just plain rocks, Cherrim is really fun to use, Tropius would eliminate the need of an extra flying type, but Tangrowth and Leafeon are so good!)
Yanmega (Just 'cause)
Garchomp / Gliscor / Mamoswine / Altaria / Togekiss / Glaceon / Jolteon / Espeon / Drapion / Froslass / Rotom (Lots of choices to possibly fill this spot. Garchomp would be much easier to get in this game, seeing as you can get to Gible as soon as you ca reach Wayward cave, but you can get Gligar around that time as well. Mamoswine or Froslass would be great Ice types to have on my team, plus they're both dual types. Altaria and Togekiss would be nice flying types to have, and if I don't use my Vaporeon, or if I get a female Eevee so I can breed it, I'd like to use anothe Eeveelution. Glaceon would be a wonderful ice type, Jolteon is everything that an Electric type trainer wants, and Espeon just owns. But Drapion is cool looking. And there's freaking Cut Rotom!)

Last edited:
I don't like obsessively planning out ingame teams beforehand. I've noticed I tend to lose interest if I try too hard. So I suppose I'll just try to get a combination of new additions to the Sinnoh dex and Pokémon from the old Sinnoh dex I haven't used ingame yet and wing it from there.

Houndoom (or, slightly less likely, Magmortar) will most certainly be involved, and there may or may not be a Garchomp. I'll probably start with Turtwig. S'all I can say.

Heh, glad to see I'm not the only one planning it this far in advance. xD

I wasn't too sure which starter I wanted, but I think now I'll try Chimchar just because I've never made it through a game with it yet and Infernape's new sprite is pretty cool.

So:

- Infernape
- Toxicroak (always)
- Vaporeon
- Yanmega
- Luxray/Electabuzz (Electivire is still ugly :\)
- Mismagius (looks like I'll have to trade for this one though >:|)

Last edited:
infernape, electabuzz, vaporeon, chatot, weavile, rhydon

electivire and rhyperior are ugly >:(

Last edited:
For the record, Rhydon is plenty strong enough to hold its own. Electabuzz isn't terrible either. I mean, Infernape doesn't have base 130 attack, now does he? Rhyperior is generally only considered better because of Solid Rock. It only got a tiny stat boost compared to some other evolutions.

they lack the really awesome abilities that rypherior/electivire have, though.

I'm going to have Houndoom in my team for sure. (If you thought any different, you're nuts~)

So it's going to be:
Houndoom
Torterra
Raichu
Glaceon
Ninetales
Zangoose

ARE YOU KIDDING?! RHYPERIOR PWNS YOU!

Anyway, my planned team for Platinum (prior to facing Giratina)

Empoleon
Surf, Drill Peck, Metal Claw, Ice Beam

Rhyperior
Earthquake, Stone Edge, Cut, Poison Jab

Abomasnow
Ice Punch, Wood Hammer, Water Pulse, Rock Climb

Houndoom
Crunch, Iron Tail, Flamethrower, Rock Smash

Staraptor
Fly, Hyper Beam, Close Combat, U-Turn

Medicham
Shadow Ball, Psychic, Force Palm, Strength

Torterra
Gallade
Altaria
Ninetales
Luxaray
Roserade

All those without availability at the begining will be hacked onto Pearl and traded over :3 (and yes, you can trade over National Dex Pokemon before you have the National Dex, I've tried it.)

Guys, electivire looks so cool. ;; I love it.

Anyway. I may start with Piplup. I haven't made it through a game with it yet. Neither have I with Chimchar, but I disike it very much. I also know I'm going to get Snover. Beyond that I haven't decided.

Doesn't really make up for the other 5 Pokémon you can't get, but sure. Does anyone know a site where I can get info on the obtainable Pokémon in Platinum? If I had one, I would plan my team, but I don't, so....

Back
Top Bottom