• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do YOU clean your house before having company?

Do you clean your house before company arrives?

• Yes, it's second nature.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Yes, because I'm forced to.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Yes, because it's polite.

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Yes, because they only like my house clean

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • No, it's pointless and/or I'm lazy

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No, because I don't remember

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters

Cyndaquil

Flare up your ideas, be careful not to burn them~
Do you clean yourself before having company? if so why?
Also you can choose multiple choice just don't choose a yes and a no unless you only half clean.
On number for 'the' is supposed to be 'they'.

Not usually.

My guests know it's messy around my room and anything that is mine is expected by them to be messy.

My house is normally clean, and Mom cleans the entire house every Friday, so a messy house when company arrives is nonexistence :3

Do I clean my house?

No, I don't~ My mom does. It's basically what Spoonie said, she cleans it every Saturday or Sunday and it's clean when company comes over.

If I had to clean it though, I probably wouldn't. Oh, I'm so lazy~

My house and I are clean but I'll make an extra effort if I'm having guests over because going around in someone else's filth is gross. Since I don't make them go around in mine i expect the same thing from them.

Yes. Sort of.

"Hey Jess, did you just stuff everything on the floor under your bed?"
"Uhh... no?"

If I know the company is coming over, I'll put extra effort into cleaning so that way I can make sure that the house looks at least halfway decent. If it's a surprise visit.. well, they get what they see. =)

If someone is coming over I'll have a crack at tidying things up. My mum drags the whole family into doing it anyway, but I don't mind hoovering (easiest job). :3~

Eh, sort of. My mum will usually make us clean our rooms if my gran's coming round, so I do clean then, because I know my mum will get depressed if my gran sees our tips and will do the whole 'I'M NOT REALLY A BAD MOTHER, THEY JUST REFUSE TO CLEAN IT' routine.

If my friends are coming round I won't obsessively clean everything in my room but seeing as they hardly ever come round I do make somewhat of an effort. My room's usually pretty clean anyway, although dusty. XD

Do I clean my house? No, because it's pointless (the only company I ever have is 10 times messier) and I'm lazy. Yay, laziness!

Well, ever since I've lived with my Grandparents, the house has *always* been clean. Even my bedroom, which I clean myself. Often my desk will clutter some, but I will usually try to clean it around before it becomes overwhelming. Whenever I see clutter or mess, I feel demotivated and often frustrated, like I'm in a non-functional environment 8/

I'd figure that if I lived in a home by myself, it'd be pretty well kept, too. If it ever were to somehow get messy, I'd probably run around cleaning the house up a bit. Only because I've always felt that it'd make my area more welcoming and respectful to the guest.

I do, but only because I am forced to, although, it is quite nice for visitors when they come over to see a nice clean house.

Back
Top Bottom