• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ditto's Docks

Diz

Overdosing on placebos
Ditto
My website is Ditto's Docks. It has a Chat Box were you can talk to other people on the site. It also has a Style switcher so you can choose between the darker Normal Ditto style or the lighter Shiny Ditto style. Ditto's Docks has some GIMP and MS paint Tutorials, several games that you can play and win awards, I also have put my sprites and my Fan Fiction up there. You can also Join the forums hosted my InvisionFree. Currently I am working on a layout for them. Please come visit and possibly join the Forums. Thank you.

Why would a Ditto need docks? xD

Anyway, this is a pretty nice site. The layout won't kill your eyes and never want them to see anything else ever again, but why did you ask your sister to write some content for you? O_o

Well, I named it that for the sake of alliteration, (That's the real reason, I have a better one, but I forgot it.) and I actually made the part about my sister up. The stuff in it is true, but she didn't write it.

My only complaint right now is that you should remove any possible table elements, and then strive to make your layout look better. Right now it looks pretty messy.

The only tables I'm using are the ones in my updates and the shiny list ones.

What about my layout should I make better?

A table to display updates is really just a bad idea, but I can say it's fine to use tables for data like that.

What I think needs improving in your layout is the way the content and menu's are separated. Usually, a border or some sort of different colored background would suffice to separate the two in order to make the layout look neater. The banners also should naturally blend with the layout, somehow.

hmmmmm. Freewebs dosen't allow stuff for Cutenews and the like, so I make do with what I can.

How would I make a menu border? Butterfree's free layout didn't say anything about one. (if it's in the CSS if it's not, would you be able to help me?)

hmmmmm. Freewebs dosen't allow stuff for Cutenews and the like, so I make do with what I can.

How would I make a menu border? Butterfree's free layout didn't say anything about one. (if it's in the CSS if it's not, would you be able to help me?)

You don't need Cutenews or any news system to be able to post your updates. You can just do it manually.. My suggestion though wasn't recommending a script for news; it was recommending a better way to lay it out over tables. Preferrably DIVs for these sort of things..

To give your menus a border, you can add this to your #rightmenu and #leftmenu:

Code:
border: 1px solid #000;

Replace the #000 with the color of your choice. There are many styles of borders, and you should probably look into these in-case you want to use something other than a solid border. I personally like dotted and dashed for other purposes, though the final decision is up to you.

Ok, I gotcha on the border, but the DIV's for the updates? I'm lost here.

Last edited:
Bumpage!

I added the border like you said, but 1. it dosen't show up on the Normal Ditto Style, and 2. when I see it on shiny style, the Chat Box is not contained by the border.

Edit: I made the side bar a bit bigger, to compensate for the size of the Chat Box.
I also got a new style, Halloween style, and the border there is a green color (the same as the links)

What do you think? and Faltzer, if you could give me some help with the DIV based updates, I would be greatly appreciative.

Okay I don't really think that the Layout should be called a layout.
Get one from Eonlight Valley or something, It would look much better.
It has a Chat Box were you can talk to other people on the site
Ohmygod! A chat box that you can chat in! Never heard of one before. >.<
Also, On the splash, You spelt Halloween Holloween. Pun intended?

Oops..forgot to change that one...

what do you mean 'Okay I don't really think that the Layout should be called a layout.'?

Fine site but your political entry in your blog is the most idiotic thing I've read all day.
I understand you liking McCain but you obviously know very little of the election and have listened to some lies.
It would be like me writing a blog about politics: I wouldn't know what I was doing.
Anyhow, good luck with that political close-mindedness and inhalation of every terrible lie about Barack Obama.
AND DARN IT, JUST BECAUSE BARACK OBAMA'S NAME VAGUELY RESEMBLES A TERRORIST'S NAME OR IS A NAME FROM A DIFFERENT CULTURE DOES NOT MAKE HIM A BAD PERSON OR LEADER.
I could name my child Hitler and he might make an amazing president so stop acting like that's an ingenius point because it's not. Your xenophobia is best kept to yourself- just stop trying to make him out to be evil BECAUSE OF HIS STUPID NAME.

That and the fact that he started his political career in the home of a domestic terrorist...But lets not talk about that, this thread is about my website. Thanks for the comments. Most of the stuff that I learn about politics is from the news thing we watch at school, Channel One. They are notorious for getting every thing wrong.

That and the fact that he started his political career in the home of a domestic terrorist...But lets not talk about that, this thread is about my website. Thanks for the comments. Most of the stuff that I learn about politics is from the news thing we watch at school, Channel One. They are notorious for getting every thing wrong.

OH GOD NOT THAT.

Anyway...

The site's very nice, in my opinion. ^^

Thanks Flora! Yeah, Jessica Kumari is so stupid. Sure, people died in the California wildfires (last year) but I don't care, My hair is perfect[ly ugly] and I am on a show that millions of children across the country are forced to watch.

They are notorious for getting every thing wrong.

So, uh... watch something else in your own time? I'm sure you're perfectly capable of doing so.

I think you should play around with the layout a little more, because everything seems very disjointed - maybe get some coloured backgrounds for the menus or something.

That and the fact that he started his political career in the home of a domestic terrorist...

You have succeeded in making a bunch of banal points based off the candidate's name.

Now, would you like to discuss the merits of Obama's tax plan versus McCain's?

ETA: Wait, so, Obama isn't an African-American... because he's a Muslim? You realise race and religion aren't the same thing, right?

Last edited:
ETA: Wait, so, Obama isn't an African-American... because he's a Muslim? You realise race and religion aren't the same thing, right?

I believe he's talking about how his mother was Caucasian.

...but does his name or race matter?

Back
Top Bottom