• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Games you really miss playing

Not Meowth

Cat, are you drilling?
I want to play Rayman again so badly. I just know I can get to the Candy Chateau all by myself now. I'm watching YouTube videos of the boss fights at the moment, and it's like nostalgic torture. =3

Also, Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie and Digimon World 2003 (I miss meh WarGrowlmon/Gallantmon).

Hmm... Phantasy Star Online Eps. I & II for the Xbox (we don't have the Xbox set up right now, meh) and Guardian's Crusade (an old PS1 RPG which blatantly ripped off at least two other franchises but was quite a lovable little game in its own right).

Neither game is really anything special, but I liked 'em. D:

Panzer Bandit, a Japan-exclusive PS1 beat 'em up.
Power Stone 2, whimsical Capcom fighting game on the Dreamcast. Rather unique gameplay, and a great multiplayer experience.
Vigilante 8: 2nd Offence, best vehicular combat game ever. The Dreamcast version is the best.
Digimon World 2/3, I kind of liked 2 better, but 3 was lovely too. And it had the card battle minigame, which reminded me of...
Digimon Digital Card Battle, for the PS1, vaguely based on the Digimon Trading Card Game, as far as I know. I love this game to death.
MDK and MDK 2, both brilliant games.

Majora's Mask - My brother has it at university.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (PS1) - Lost some of the cables for the Playstation. :(
Worms Armageddon - Lost the disc for years, when I eventually find it, it doesn't work on XP or Vista.
Some internet game that I've forgotten the name of and so can't find what website it was on.
A load of Star Trek games that came out on the 80/90s. - Mostly text-based or simply point and click, but they can't run on anything later then 95.
My SEGA Megadrive games.

Also, Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie and Digimon World 2003 (I miss meh WarGrowlmon/Gallantmon).

Yeah, I have a question on SM64 (which I only managed to get my paws on a few weeks ago, although I have the DS version and before now had been playing for around five years at the local daycare [what? It had video games.]). On Big Boo's Haunt for the Big Boo's Balcony star, after the star appears on top of the roof, how do you get up to it? I've tried jumping onto the slope and then diving onto the spike right above the door, but I can never get enough distance.

As for games of my own, I honestly haven't played all that many when it comes to oldschool games. For the N64 at the daycare, there were Glover (or whatever it's called -- the one with the walking glove and the ball that I never got very far in), Pokémon Snap, Pokémon Stadium, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, some basketball game, Super Smash Brothers and Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. Of those (all of which I found good), I already own Kirby, SM64 and Stadium. I also want to get my paws on any Zelda games for the N64, since I've never actually played them before. :P

Ocarina of Time. We gave my N64 and all its games to my cousins. Dammit.
Kirby's Dreamland 3. I don't remember what happened to my SNES, but it's gone too. :[
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams. This one just disappeared one day. I tore my room apart looking for it and never found it.
That Lion King game for the SNES. First video game I ever played. ; ;

Edit: Glover! I remember that game! Wasn't that the one where you were the magician's glove thing, but something or other happens so that the magician turns into a fountain and you have to save him? And his other glove is evil? That game was crazy. xD

Last edited:
Tombi for the PS1. PS1 was the first game consle i ever got and Tombi was the first video game i ever played. It was a crazy game where a feral boy with spiky pink hair raced around the place solving events and saving the world from evil pigs. Ah, good times.

Rayman was fun too. I remember in Rayman 2 there was a level called "The cave of bad dreams" where a creepy eyeball monster chased you down a slippery slope. It was really cool, the monster's jaws framed the screen as it chased you down.

Oh, and Digimon world. Metalgreymon hell yeah.

There was an old game for N64. I forget its name, but you were this little boy who went around. It had a 3D battle field that popped up with random monsters. You gathered the elements that were in Crystals, I believe. It would allow you to unlock new skills and actually, erm, survive

Another one that I don't remember the name of that was for the N64 had Gauntlet in its name, and was wicked

Also, Sonic the Hedgehog 2. My Mom let my Uncle sell my Genesis and games... WHEN I SAID THAT SHE COULD ONLY LEND IT TO THEM! >.< Oh, that pissed me off... You know how hard it is to find a working Genesis, two working controllers, and working Genesis games when you DON'T have access to EBay? (Heck, they are probably rare there too)

And Leafpool, that IS what you do. You need to time it just right and have just the right angle

And Leafpool, that IS what you do. You need to time it just right and have just the right angle

Huh. Never seems to work for me. Anything I need to do to get higher up the roof (hit the first slope on the second jump of a triple jump, hit it *on* a triple jump, long jump, etc)? At least in the DS version triple-jumping is a lot easier and you have the float-thingy-flower.. 8D

Spaekle Oddberry said:
Edit: Glover! I remember that game! Wasn't that the one where you were the magician's glove thing, but something or other happens so that the magician turns into a fountain and you have to save him? And his other glove is evil? That game was crazy. xD

I have absolutely no clue. The only thing I remember was the first level with the sand/water/whatever it was and the ending that I always failed at, and then a level where you had to get like fifty magic carpets or something and I always ended up with like 45. 8D I should look into that again...

Either way, the games were fun, even if I never got anywhere (*points to SM64 with the first four levels, "the lava level", "the quicksand level" and only ever once "the-level-that-looks-like-a-oil-and-water-pool", as well as "the slide", "the flying level", "the hole in the moat" and "the Bowser level"*)

Mario Kart DS. I lost it somehow and it's been gone for months D:
Oh, and Pikmin. For some reason when I was younger, I traded in that game because I didn't like it. Now I really want to play it ;_;

I remember that Lion King game. That and Yoshi's Isle for the SNES were my first games too. xD And, also Aladdin, which i got pretty far in. But then our SNES went Arceus-knows-where and I have to settle with the dreadful DS remake of Yoshi's Isle and SMB.

Rayman was fun too. I remember in Rayman 2 there was a level called "The cave of bad dreams" where a creepy eyeball monster chased you down a slippery slope. It was really cool, the monster's jaws framed the screen as it chased you down.

Eh, I never really liked Rayman 2. Not as much as Rayman. Though the keeper of the Cave of Bad Dreams was awesome. I could just stand on that level on the world map and watch him hop up and down all day... xD

Tombi for the PS1. PS1 was the first game consle i ever got and Tombi was the first video game i ever played. It was a crazy game where a feral boy with spiky pink hair raced around the place solving events and saving the world from evil pigs. Ah, good times.
Oh yeah, Tombi was awesome! :D Did you ever play the sequel? That was quite possibly at least as awesome as the original.

I remember that Lion King game. That and Yoshi's Isle for the SNES were my first games too. xD And, also Aladdin, which i got pretty far in. But then our SNES went Arceus-knows-where and I have to settle with the dreadful DS remake of Yoshi's Isle and SMB.

But what about the GBA remake? That was pretty good. It pretty much enhanced the SNES version, but kept the same levels and such

Ahyways, I miss Smash bros. 64, and Star Fox 64. THose were some amazing games

Pokemon Snap and the minigames on Stadium/Stadium II. I just can't be bothered to hook the N64 up again.

And a so-bad-it's-awesome Gameboy game my sister used to have of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, where you had to turn all these animals back into people and it was SO COOL. :DDD

^ I think my friend had a game like that, except it was for the PC. I vaguely remember boucing cupcakes, too. O_o

I want my old LoZ: A Link to the Past game file baaaaaack...darn you SNES magnet-thingies, you erased my game. D:

Back
Top Bottom