• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Is there going to be a Generation V?

Do you think there will be Generation V?

• Yes

Votes: 117 90.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 9.3%

• Total voters
There will be more games as long as Nintendo keeps making money off them. We all thought Mew was the "god Pokemon" for three generations and that didn't stop them from coming up with Arceus, eh?

Probably. They're still making tons of money, so there's no reason to stop. And I agree with what was just said, we all thought Mew was the "ultimate Pokemon" for a long time.

Two movies from now, most likely. Maybe the next one but probably two.

Why stop milking a cow that still has milk? Of course not. Just because there is a "god" Pokemon means nothing. He will be overthrown too. Just watch and see in the next ten years. Also if you believe every Pokedex entry you believe Kadabra was a boy and if you believe every folklore you would believe Mewtwo came directly from Mew's womb. It there for one to deicide if you think it's true or not. (: You gotta love that.

Yeah, Nintendo will ride this thing as long as possible. They still need to make a baby pokemon for Kangiskhan. *Acck! Horrible spelling*

Probably, but I don't love the new games like I do the older games, because it's the same thing over and over. Battle, catch all the pokemon, beat the League. Woo. They should kinda mix it up a little, make the gym leaders have different ways of battling or something, I don't know. :/

Yes, I think there will be a Generation V. It seems silly to stop when you could just make more money. However, do I want there to be a Generation V. No, not really. I don't really see what else they could turn into Pokemon and it would be nice if they could shake up the storyline a little. But I doubt they will. Why change something that already sells great? None of this will stop me from buying a Generation V game, though.

I don't really see what else they could turn into Pokemon.

A cannon ball? A plastic fan? The Burger King!?!?

Yes, there will be, but will it happen anytime soon? Most likely not.

Arceus is NOT the God Pokemon.

At least I don't think so.

Mew is.
Arceus is explicitly referred to as a creator Pokemon, and its name even derives from a god ("Zeus", the king of the Greek pantheon). Mew is never stated to be a deity, just the ancestor.

Anyway, I think it's been at least hinted at that new Pokemon will be introduced in Movie 11, which sort of implies a new generation.

Wait! Someone did vote against. I was wondering why that didn't happen, because I remember a conversation on the old forums saying that the fifth gen shouldn't be made >_>.

I do think there will be a 5th Generation. I hardly think they'll stop due to the creation of Arceus. Who's to say there won't be some weird parallel version of it made anyways? A Destruction Pokémon? Eh.

I said it on the old forums and I'll say it again here. Pokémon are not numbered based on which ones are as crappy as Magikarp and which one is PokéJesus. They are numbered in the order they were discovered. Just because Mew/Arceus/Whatever was the last one the "scientists found" doesn't mean that Mew didn't spawn off more stuff/Arceus didn't create more. That would just mean that the new discoveries were "found" after their creators. It's as simple as that.

And yeah, they're about due for two new Pokémon cameos in the next new movie or so: Useless Baby Pokémon Added To Attract More Girls Who Like Cutesy Stuff (e.g. Wynaut, Mime Jr.) and Probably A Lot Edgier And More "Cool" Legendary/Evolved Pokémon (e.g. Lati@s, Donphan).

Back
Top Bottom