• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Funny things on myspace.

Diz

Overdosing on placebos
So, I was looking through the myspace application things and I saw this one. Here's a quote, because I can't accurately describe it.

Myspace Virtual Penguins Application said:
By Reef Model Add a touch of nature to your page with these funny little fish. See what they can do.
And so I'm like "What the crap? Penguins aren't fish! I find it insulting that this person would say such a thing! It's an insult to all Biologists, Zoologists, bird and fish lovers everywhere."

So I want to know, what's your take on this and if you have found similar things on any website.

myspace is generally very unfunny.

BUT I did see something similar in the local newspaper once. It was in the single page long satire section, in some random comedy article that I believe was making fun of some survey that found the "top ten happiest nations". Anyway, it said something like "#5: Iceland - This is basically a given, because the people there get filled with joy any time they step inside their houses. It's so cold there, that they are just THAT elated to finally be warm again."

HOW did this get past the editing phase. Seriously.

"#5: Iceland - This is basically a given, because the people there get filled with joy any time they step inside their houses. It's so cold there, that they are just THAT elated to finally be warm again."

Is that actually what it said!!???

"#5: Iceland - This is basically a given, because the people there get filled with joy any time they step inside their houses. It's so cold there, that they are just THAT elated to finally be warm again."
Get Butterfree here to verify this, now. If it's not true I saw we sue for defamation of the Icelandic people.

Get Butterfree here to verify this, now. If it's not true I saw we sue for defamation of the Icelandic people.

Not cold, just fucking windy. That was summer, though, and I imagine winter is significantly colder; still, with all the geothermal activity, I imagine it's probably better than some other, more southern nations.

Back
Top Bottom