• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Best Album Ever

Furretsu

World of Glass
I think it's Tristania's World of Glass... god, I love it so much. When I first heard it, I thought it was complete garabge. Songs started slowly opening up to me as I listened to it more, and now I'm in love with each and every song on the album individually. It's very atmospheric with fantastic guitar-work and some of the greatest vocalists ever (the always gorgeous Vibeke Stene and Trail of Tears' Ronny Thorsen, who is one of my favorite growlers).

What do you think it is?

It has one really good song on it (with the album's title) and the rest are not good enough to be worth listening to. I mean Veland was kind of you know the driving force in that band (also why i hate nine destinies and a downfall).

Waking Hour by Vienna Teng. The songs are beautiful, and the lyrics are just... wow.

It has one really good song on it (with the album's title) and the rest are not good enough to be worth listening to. I mean Veland was kind of you know the driving force in that band (also why i hate nine destinies and a downfall).
I'm not asking you what you think of WoG. =P Although I'd have to disagree, Morten did play a large role but his replacements have been doing just fine for the last, what is it, 8 years? Sirenia's only good album is At Sixes and Sevens. The fact that their new vocalist is freaking Ailyn (also known as the Latin Paris Hilton) only confirms what a joke they really are.

Last edited:
Insanely hard question tbh, so many albums that I really couldn't live without (well I'm sure I could, but it would be a cold and miserable existence :P). If I had to pick just one album to take to a desert island with me though it'd probs be Morbid Angel's Covenant. Most MA fans prefer Altars of Madness which is also an awesome album, but doesn't really match Covenant's atmosphere. Every song off that's a classic, absolutely amazing.

There are many other albums I could have said though, including Formulas Fatal To The Flesh by Morbid Angel, Unholy Cult by Immolation, Human by Death and White Label by Ted Maul, but I'll go with Covenant. woo

I'm not asking you what you think of WoG. =P Although I'd have to disagree, Morten did play a large role but his replacements have been doing just fine for the last, what is it, 8 years? Sirenia's only good album is At Sixes and Sevens. The fact that their new vocalist is freaking Ailyn (also known as the Latin Paris Hilton) only confirms what a joke they really are.

oh whoops I misread that last question (and what is with this goth metal trend of 'omg i can be evanescence too' (also elixer for existence rocked))

well in that case, um, it would be hard because most songs I love are on albums with fair amount of tracks I don't love... for powermetal Valley of the Damned and Follow the Reaper are great but I love At Sixes and Sevens and Wishmaster

damn that's hard.

Horror Show by Iced Earth.

The whole thing revives the old legends and adds a bit of flair to them. There are a few crap tracks but the whole thing is awesome in every way.

Though currently it's Death Magnetic by Metallica.

Reveal or New Adventures in Hi-Fi. :3 R.E.M. are still epic kthx. Accelerate was awesome (and obviously nine million times better than Around the Sun) but I like the other two better.

no automatic for the people = fail

Automatic for the People is awesome but the other two are underrated in comparison. Also I hate Everybody Hurts, which brings its credibility down a bit.
Monty Got a Raw Deal is the best song on that album but I can never decide my favourites from the other two.

Automatic for the People is awesome but the other two are underrated in comparison. Also I hate Everybody Hurts, which brings its credibility down a bit.
Monty Got a Raw Deal is the best song on that album but I can never decide my favourites from the other two.

i like everybody hurts :(

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

no contest.
Dark Side of the Moon is so much better. D:

Anyway, I dunno about best, but my favorite is In Rainbows by Radiohead. Best would probably be Dark Side of the Moon, Kid A, or Abbey Road.

No Dark Side is worse.

I like Dark Side but it's not WYWH. It is more well-known obviously but Any Colour You Like is terribly boring, the vocals on Great Gig In The Sky are atrocious, and.... yeah well the rest all rules. To be unorthodox though, my favourite on that is probably Us and Them.

to be honest, I've only listened to WYWH like twice, but still. All the tunes on Dark Side are far catchier than the tunes on WYWH, the lyrics are better, and it comes together as an album better in general (what with the amazing intro, and then the epic climax at the end). And Shine On You Crazy Diamond is just as boring as Any Colour You Like, only it's half an hour long. D:

Maybe I should just listen to it some more.

oh also Dark Side of the Moon has cooler themes, it's about death and life and money and time and war and insanity and all that jazz, but Wish You Were Here is mostly whining about how unfair the music industry is.

Back
Top Bottom