• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

On Recent Actions Involving the Spriting Board(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudkipz

I herd you know that meme.
...What's the point of having a sprite board if people are going to close everything?

I mean, they closed armies, contests, and you pretty much have to post your gallery in the stickied gallery thread. Right now, there's only adoptables and sprite shops, and one of them is going to eventually overflow and they'll be closed too.

.~.

Re: Not to be rude, but...

I tried to make an army of general sprites (chao army) and it got closed.

Well simply because the armies were fucking annoying and there were waaaaay too many contests. And it would drive me, as a pencil/paper kind of artist, insane when I would go to update my art thread and instead of the title of my thread in the box that tells you the latest post in the forum, there'd be something like "O LoL CoMe S33 MAH 4RMY" or "SPRITE CONTEST HERE".

EVERY FUCKING TIME.

I'd assume it's the same for others like me too.

With them locked, it's much easier for people to notice threads that aren't armies or contests that're probably going to be less annoying to see. Because when you've got a whole spriting forum filled with armies and contests, there's a problem. I believe the armies were considered spam and were plain annoying, and there were enough contests and some were just clones of others.

If surskitty went and locked regular ol' sprite threads too though, it went too far. >>

That is true.
I'm going to think of new things to do with the sprite board. Contest, armies and shops can't be the only things.

How would a trading post sound? Where people trade their sprites and when they do, they "own" eachother's sprite, can use them in things and edit them they way they want?

Last edited:

Uh. What? Galleries have to be posted in the stickied gallery thread? Uh, no. o_O

Why do you want new things to do with the sprite forum? It's for showing your pixel art. That means galleries, which may or may not take requests. The General Spriters' Showcase is for posting just one or two sprites, not enough to warrant a thread.

Oh, got it.
I thought that it was for posting your galleries. Didn't read it right. :[

Also, I just thought it'd be interesting to see how new things would go.

Hey, I've got it! What about a sprite-off thread? You could get put on the list, and when it's your turn, you can challenge someone else to a sprite off?

what was the point of showing other people's sprites anyway? seriously.

actually the problem is that there is absolutely no point

Posting a sprite army would be like someone posting a thread in the art forum that, say, linked to someone else's deviantART page. "Oh, hey, guys! I didn't draw any of these pictures, this person did, but I think they're really cool and you should see them!" Uh, what? The art forum is for displaying and receiving criticism on your own work. If I want to see someone else's work then I'll go to their gallery myself. I don't care whether or not you've collected it and do not appreciate the fact that you are spamming up the board with an "army" of stuff that isn't yours so that actual galleries, full of art by people who would actually like comments on their work (the very purpose of the art boards!), get shoved off the page.

I'm agreeing with everything that Butterfree, Zora and Kratos have said. The Sprites+Pixel art forum should be for galleries and shops. It shouldn't be for posting other people's sprites. There used to be a spriting challenge sub-forum, but that was inactive for most of the time. If you went to Pokecommunity, the spriting forum is only for galleries. No shops, challenges or anything. You're lucky to have shops here.

How would a trading post sound? Where people trade their sprites and when they do, they "own" eachother's sprite, can use them in things and edit them they way they want?

This is a terrible idea. If you made a sprite, why should you give it to someone else?

Maybe we could start a new craze (maybe Pocket Candy, like Castform) Sorry, just random idea.

Wait, what? No. "Hey let's copy something that someone else does!"

It's my unique spriting thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom