• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Video Editors

goldenquagsire

Rubber dinghy rapids, bro!
Does anyone know of a decent open-source video editor? Windows Movie Maker seems incapable of keeping the sound in synchronisation for more than five minutes.

Paid software is unfortunately completely out of the question, even pirated stuff. Not that I'm morally against pirating, but yeah. I don't even want to get into that debate.

Do any of those let you remove the green (from a green screen) and replace it with something else?

Oh well. Downloading them won't be worth it to me. Besides, I need a green screen to start with.

well i looked into virtualdub, but it doesn't seem capable of running audio from both a video and a seperate file at the same time (or at least it's not as apparent as it is for WMM)

i'll try avidemux then. thanks for the help.

virtualdub isn't a video editor, it's mostly for post-production. video editors tend to be the big hole in the "awesome FOSS" category, I've noticed; you have a bunch of abandoned projects, a bunch of small Linux-only programs, and one ultra complicated program.

aw nuts.

also avidemux seems to have the same problem as the others - i can't seem to get a second audio channel to work. this is basically the *only* thing i need from a video editor, so does anyone recommend a program that *can* do it (or at least tell me how to make one of the previously mentioned ones do it)

But would that keep the video as well as the sound? O_o

you'll have to excuse me, i'm not experienced with this kind of thing

No, I mean, take the audio from your video (surely WMM allows you to save the audio separately, that is extremely basic) then combine it with your second audio track, then put it back in the video.

If anyone still needs something, Ulead video studio works pretty well (and has room for TWO seperate audio tracks!). The only thing I don't like about it is that it's a tad slow on my computer. I would post a link but I'm using my Wii to post and it doesn't let you copy/paste. You should be able to google it.

And no, it doesn't have green screen support.

I'm looking at the download page, and it says "Free Trial". Just how long does the trial last for, or is it merely a heavily watered-down version of the paid software that you can keep forever?

Back
Top Bottom