• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Inheritance Cycle

Lorem Ipsum

Pronoun
x
Well, the third one, Brisingr, came out yesterday, and I bought it today. I even tidied out my cluttered bookcase so it could have a nice position. I've only read 64 pages, but it is good so far.

So, I guess discuss the first two books here, and include anything about the third book in spoiler tags, please D:

*waits for an everyone dies post*

EDIT: Looks like I was infracted for this post. I'm sorry, I love Inheritance. They're such well-written, original books. I wish I could read them every day. Paolini is a genius and I think he'll go down in history as one of the greatest writers of all time.

Last edited:
From the "previously on":

It is into this tense political situation that Eragon finds himself thrust.

You call this good writing?

Also wow the subtitle what the fucking hell.

I will read it, but only out of principle - I can hardly detail everything that's wrong with it without reading it, can I?

eta: also holy exposition batman. Despite there being a previously on, Paolini still insists on telling us - in detail - certain events from the past two books. wtf.
eta2: okay now there is idealistic vegetarian preaching.
eta3: why is he spending five sentences talking about the breeze.
eta4: wow this goes on and on and on and on you do not need so many words holy christ. seriously guys please go read some good literature. ;; there is so much good SFF out there and everyone tends to read the terrible stuff. :(
eta5: so imagine the first in a really quivering voice and the second in a very manly one: "you came!" "I came."
eta6: gogo solitary tears!

Last edited:
They're such well-written, original books. I wish I could read them every day. Paolini is a genius and I think he'll go down in history as one of the greatest writers of all time.

Seconded. I think he should sue George Lucas and J.R.R Tolkien for copying him

Oh wait, Tolkien's kinda dead. Can you sue ghosts? Paolini probably can because Paolini is so awesome he can do anything

All sarcasm aside I might read the thing if it appears in my school library, but no way in fucking hell am I paying for it.

*SOBS*

I was expecting it in our mail box the day it came out. BUT the estimated arrival date is the 24. Poopie. I could've walked to walmart, bought it, and walked back and be halfway through it by now. Oh well crap.

I heard that it was because Brisingr was too long. Like the editor gets so much money per word and Brisingr originally had too many words, cause it would be so expensive to pay the editor the so much per word. So they made it into two books. Sorry if that is a little to hard to understand.

The reason I like the books so much is because I live in the smallest town in Indiana. Our school's graduating class is about 70 students... on a good year. Our library is tiny. I have this is my seccond year at the school, and I've pretty much read all of the fantasy books worth reading. I love good, thick books. Yeah.

The Inheritance Garbage are not good books. Obscenely thick, yes, but not good at all.

I haven't read any of the Inheritance Cycle past Eragon, and I would say that the book would qualify as mediocre-quality fanfic or Fictionpress fare. In terms of actual literature, that's pretty danged crappy.

From what I understand, the series has not improved, although some people are saying that Brisingr is a step up from Eldest.

Giving how infuriated I was by the tedium of HP7, I doubt I could sit through Brisingr or Eldest.

Edit:
I thought that less words were better when it came to getting books published. O_o
That depends on what you're looking to get published.

In general, though, you should be looking to write in as few words as possible to begin with.

see guys

see

this is what you get

when you celebrate a fucking 17-year-old for being able to get his publisher parents to publish his star wars fanfic

goddamn

now he is making zillions of dollars off of being coddled by his parents

and people keep buying his garbage because they don't know what good writing looks like

thanks a lot america

land of the tasteless

Hmm, if the book comes into the school library, I'll probably read it. But I'd never buy it. XD

The books are okay to a certain point (I prefer them slightly over Twilight, because Paolini in the future could be a decent writer if he gets his act in gear and finds some originality) but I really don't like the author's actual arrogance. I think that gets me more even more than the blatant plagiarism.

I might also read it just for the lulz~ xD Although to be fair, I do enjoy them to a certain extent...

Why not? could you please elaborate?
What I meant by that is "Why don't you personally like the books?"

As far as I can see, there is no mention of outerspace, The Force, light sabers, or aliens anywhere in the entire Inheritance Cycle

Back
Top Bottom