• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Fourth Dimension

EvilCrazyMonkey

will be the prettiest little girl since Zac Efron.
Last edited:
...How does one even begin to IMAGINE what this stuff would look like? Our minds think in 3-D, not 4-D x.x

I don't know, but when you are tired, it's fun to make your head hurt.
*Points at A Wrinkle in Time* How would one go about making a tesseract happen?

Lol, just showed this to my dad and I described it as a "weird square thingy" XD

I can't even begin to imagine a fourth dimension D:

I always imagined a fourth dimension as some kind of inverted first demension.

Either way, that stuff looks awesome. Wonder what the fifth demension is, if most imagine the fourth as time. Perhaps it's a kind of anti-time: something that slows time down and prevents it from going all at once.

I always imagined a fourth dimension as some kind of inverted first demension.

Either way, that stuff looks awesome. Wonder what the fifth demension is, if most imagine the fourth as time. Perhaps it's a kind of anti-time: something that slows time down and prevents it from going all at once.

Apparently, the 3rd dimension would be considered time in the 2nd dimension. So, I don't even think we could experience the 5th dimension at all

Time is not a spatial dimension, for obvious reasons. If anything, I would call it the zeroth, as it would be present in a universe regardless of the number of spatial dimensions.

I can somewhat imagine a fourth dimension using a timeline as a parallel, but not so well a fifth.

though it would be cool if time were the fourth dimension because we'd get to obsolete the second in favour of the cm^4. I'd hope.

It's still part of space-time, but as a rather unique axis I don't think it's sensible to lump it in either way. :(

Sigh... man. I feel like understanding this could lead to some very revolutionary discoveries, but... it seems impossible to fathom.

i like to read this kind of stuff and attempt to wrap my head around it. I fail miserably.

Randomly searching Wikipedia for interesting subjects is great :3

When I look at the rotating tessaract, it looks like the inner cube just comes out of the outer and grows while the outer shrinks, and yeah... Is that supposed to be, or am I just missing something? :<

Anyway, these stuff are great fun :3

Randomly searching Wikipedia for interesting subjects is great :3

When I look at the rotating tessaract, it looks like the inner cube just comes out of the outer and grows while the outer shrinks, and yeah... Is that supposed to be, or am I just missing something? :<

Anyway, these stuff are great fun :3

I think they've got an article on 4D rotation but I can't be arsed to find it.

Rotation in the nth dimension is around an n-2 dimensional object. For example, 2D shapes rotate around points (zero-dimensional), 3D objects rotate around an axis (1D), and a tesseract would rotate around a plane (2D). The actual mechanics of the rotation I'm not entirely sure, but I think it involves going back and forth perpendicular to the plane.

Back
Top Bottom