• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How Do I Type e-acute?

Re: Not sure if this goes here but...

You just press the ´ key just above the ^ key just above the ' key just next to the Ä key just below the Å key.

...Oh wait. What country are you from again? Funfunland? I sure hope your keyboard layout is Swedish!

Re: Not sure if this goes here but...

é? Cool! Thanks!
And MD, Funfunland doesn't have Swedish keyboards. Sawee. x3

Also, if you set your keyboard to British English, you can do Alt Gr+E...

I meant it produces the same result. In most cases.

I could have sworn I typed 'Ctrl+Alt/AltGr + E anyway.

Out of curiosity, is there any solution for those of us with numpad-less US keyboards to this? (I'm on a laptop currently, and have been copying and pasting.)

There should be a way to use the keyboard as a numpad. Varies depending on the laptop.

Laptops should have a function key labeled something like "Fn". It usually activates the numpad as well as other options that your laptop might have--I can change the contrast on mine, for example. Hold down that key and then press your usual é combination (I am assuming that it would be Alt + 130 for Retsu). The alternate Fn key characters, like numpad numbers or other things, should be written over the letters on the right side of the keyboard, so on my laptop I press Fn + Alt + JLM to get the character. If you don't have a function key then I don't know what to tell you, sorry.

As for Ubuntu (and presumably other Linux distros, though the process might not be exactly the same), you can create special characters by going into the Keyboard Options and setting the compose key. I have mine set to the Win key, so I can just hold that down and press "e + ' (apostrophe)" and get the e-acute. I don't remember exactly where the option is in that menu, but you could google it.

I was refering to the Alt+Numbers.

Also, it says "American keyboard" on the guide, so I assumed I didn't have to say it. But I'll edit that in. ;;Sighs;; Feh, I knew somebody would bug me about the bunch of buttons and whatnot part.

Last edited:
And what did you assume was pretty basic knowledge?

Enlighten me, sometimes it takes me a while to get these things.

I'm assuming that you assumed that the guide I posted was pretty basic knowledge. Of course, I could be wrong. In any case, somebody still might not have known about it, regardless of whether it was basic knowledge or not and I posted it in an attempt to be helpful to those who did not know.

Back
Top Bottom