• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Plan your funeral

Harlequin

I want to be buried in a field. One that I own, of course, and it's going to be passed down to family members and it will be my own private cemetary.

I want my funeral to happen in said field and after I've been buried they have to plant an oak tree over my grave and then have some sort of bonfire near my resting place. There's going to be fucking awesome pagan music and a sweet dance around the bonfire. It'll be like a party.

I'll need some mediaeval techno music and maybe there'll be folk metal and definitely some Omnia and there'll be power metal and some classic mediaeval music [Greensleeves omg] and definitely there'll be some Blackmore's Night.

I want it to be a party. Not in the "hooray, he's dead!" sense, but to think that my family/friends are grieving over me is a little embarrassing. I'd prefer if they just celebrated my passing instead of mourning over it.

Oh, and my will is all going to pay for Garbage appearing and playing Stupid Girl. Twice. And chicken parmesan will be served.

I plan to never die.
B3.png

I want to be cremated and have my ashes be shot into the air and then made to explode so there'd be bits of me all over the world.
kittyfacezl8.gif

Oh, and if there must be a memorial celebration of some kind I'd rather have it be cheerful than mopey. Colours, nice food and bright music.

I personally want it small. Just my lover and any family or friends that're especially close to me. And instead of black, there will be purple. And I would want them to pour a bottle of wine on my grave when I'm in there. Don't ask why.

More will come when I think of it. >>

I want an aerial viking funeral.

but not anywhere NEAR as extreme as an AERIAL VIKING FUNERAL which is KIND of like a NORMAL viking funeral except it's AERIAL instead of in a BOAT or something and it's like where they wrap your DEAD BODY in like BLANKETS and GASOLINE and then LIGHT YOU ON FIRE and then THROW YOU OFF A SKYSCRAPER or something, and there are totally police like guarding the area and big signs that are all like DO NOT ENTER, AERIAL VIKING FUNERAL IN PROGRESS, and all these guys working in the building are like WTFFFFFF when a FLAMING DEAD BODY like FLIES PAST THEIR WINDOWS except the really COOL ones will be like oh yeah that's just another AERIAL VIKING FUNERAL man that's EXTREME, and that's totally what I want when I die)

XD Almost made me laugh as much as exploding gophers (Read Cracked)

Also, Vladimir Putin's LJ, why stop there? Why not just leave the body whole and unburnt, and have people strap it to a rocket so chunks are left all over? :D

I never really thought about it. I plan to either come up with a way to become immortal, or, failing that...

Hmm... Maybe be partially cremated, leaving my skeleton intact, and have the skull donated to a drama production? :D

Last time I planned out my funeral, it ended up being a dance party. Anybody who wants to can come, and for $2 that will go to some as-of-yet undertermined charity you can poke my corpse with a stick. After the party, it'd be really cool if they could control a hearse with my body in the front seat to go over the edge of a cliff into the ocean while the car blasts "Reach Up for the Sunrise" by Duran Duran. Not entirely sure how that'd work, but it would kick ass.

Tie the steering wheel after aiming the car so it won't veer, set up a mechanism that will hit the gas pedal after one pressed a button on a remote control, put you in, and ZOOM!

This thread is far too entertaining.
I just want a funeral of some kind. I want a giant amount of irises and other flowers and trees to be planted near my grave, and I would like my funeral to be a scavenger hunt of some sort with the mourners ransacking my house/going door to door asking for random items.
I want contests like guessing the contents of my stomach or how much I weigh or something.
Ah, this is will be stupid, but it made me smile.
I'll think of something elaborate later, for this is boring.

When I die, I want to be buried on the top of a hill which has a beautiful view. I'd give 50% of my money to charity organizations and the rest to my sons and daughters (if I eer have any :P)

Well, I'd want all my organs donated except for my heart, and I'd want it to be outside. I'd want it to be something nice and cheerful, with all of my family.

I want my organs donated to whoever needs them if they're still usable, and then probably a joe average funeral except I want everyone to wear rainbows and I want lots of showmusic (Seaons of Love and Defying Gravity and I'll Cover You (reprise) must all make an appareance); I want lots of emotional speeches aout how great I am (or was) and there has to be fireworks afterwards. :D

Guts stuff out, burn the body, spread my ashes unto the world and let me return to the earth from once I came. Something fun like that.

Curiously, I find myself not actually caring much, as long as they don't insult my memory with a Christian (or otherwise religious) funeral. That would show a terrible and actually quite heartbreaking lack of basic familiarity with my character and beliefs.

It'd also be great if we could skip the usual drab funeral sounds for something a little more me. Something Kamelot, perhaps, that could be great.

Beyond that, I'm not fussy. Burn me, bury me, smile, cry, crack death jokes... actually, make that last one an order; I love those.

That aerial viking funeral thing sounds awesome, by the way.

I plan to never die.
B3.png
So far, so good?

I want a happy funeral: no one wearing black, no coffin, people laughing... maybe a big, cheerful banner or something. I don't want people wearing black. Also, I want my organs and anything else useful donated to medicine.

I'd probably want to have my body buried without a coffin, because coffins are stupid.

And I wouldn't want any ceremony or anything... I'd just want some random person to dump me in the ground and be done with it.

I don't want a funeral because I wanna die in a freak pyrotechnic accident after playing a gig that's streamed worldwide live. My ashes would be sprayed over the next event ant that gig would be in my memory.

Awesome.

Back
Top Bottom