• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Chimera Project II

Coloursfall

THIS IS HOW WE BLEED
Alchemy.

The science of understanding the structure of matter, breaking it down, and reconstructing it as something else.

Alchemy has been used by many people over the decades, for good and evil, and all the shades in between. The State Military tries its best to keep an eye on all Alchemists, handing out State Licenses to the best and brightest.

But now, the State is using alchemy to create a powerful new brand of solders, rendering all other modes of battle obsolete. Melding humans with animals infused with alchemic powers, giving them the ability to breathe fire, survive underwater for long times, harness electricity in the air for attacks, and much more.

These Alchemic Chimeras caused great controversy in the inner ranks of the State, the Weapons Development department heavily opposed the creation of Alchemic Chimeras, even going so far as to release the few that had been made, under the direct (albeit secret) command of General Roy Mustang.

You are one of these Chimeras. You have been put under the command of Major Edward Elric, who has been caught up in the project as well.

You were taken away from your homes and families, or perhaps just taken of the streets or prison. You were drugged and completely unaware of the procedure until you woke...

And when you did, you were left in a holding cell with others in the same situation.

The cell is about twenty feet square, with smooth cement walls on four sides, the other wall made up of thick steel bars. There is a pile of square crates piled in a corner, stacked about six feet up. The roof is twelve feet or so up.

Your mission: acquire freedom by any means necessary.

Notes:
-This is a Pokemon/Full Metal Alchemist crossover. It's isn't really all that necessary that you know very much about FMA, but feel free to Wiki it.
-There might will be blood.
-for what moves you would know - it works like ASB, all of them.
-You don't have to be an FMA person. Just putting that out there.

Rules:
-Usual Forum Rules
-put 'bean' in your form if you've read this
-if you don't post enough/up to my standards, I'll kill you off~ :3

Form:
Name:
Mixed with: (One Pokemon, no legendaries)
Appearance: (Should show a few signs of what you're mixed with)
Personality:
History: (doesn't have to be too long)
Other:

Me:

I will be playing as Edward.

Name: Edward Elric
Mixed with: Persian
Appearance: Edward is small, but I wouldn't mention that if I were you. His hair and eyes are both a shade of deep gold, and he has a rather feline appearance. His hair is long and usually in a braid. His right arm and left leg (from just above the knee down) are auto-mail. After his fusion into a chimera, he gained a pair of black-furred ears which poke out of his hair, whiskers, a tail that curls at the end, and a red jewel in his forehead. His typical dress consists of a red jacket, black leather pants, platform boots, and a black sleeveless shirt. He had to cut a hole in the rear of his pants for his tail, which annoyed the boy greatly.
Personality: Edward, like it or not, makes a pretty good leader. He worries about other people more than himself, is excellent at hand-to-hand combat as well as Alchemy, and is a child prodigy. He takes any slight mention of his height (no pun intended) as the most insulting thing he's ever heard in his life. He is very brave, charging headfirst into battles with seemingly imposable odds, and usually making it out without a scratch.
History: (hay go read the Wiki on him for a full bio, I'll just do his history with the project) Edward was tricked into the project, so they could test if an Alchemic Chimera could retain their previous Alchemic skills. They can. Edward hated being in captivity, and they had to literally chain him down so he wouldn't escape. His fusion was a success, and he was on of the first made. He wants to find his little brother again, since they were separated while he was in the project. He suspects that Alphonse is in Resembool.
Other: yeah Ed wasn't made by me I'm just playing him. >A>

^_^ have fun!

It's back!

Name: Bakur
Mixed with: Nidoking
Appearance: Bakur has short blond hair that covers the top, sides, and back of his head. He has deep, black eyes, which never show emotion.
Jutting out from the top of Bakur's head is a sharp, purple horn, along with one on his forehead. His right arm is Nidoking's, while his left shows no signs of the Pokemon. His legs are in the same situation as his arms, except the other way around. He has Nidoking's spikes down his back, leading to a long, thick tail. His chest and belly are also that of the Poison-type's.
Personality: Serious but friendly, Bakur can be very depressed one moment and bouncing with happiness the next. He gets stressed easily, yet likes running around doing important jobs. If he's angry, he'll rampage just like a Nidoking would. Also, it's important to be careful around him since he can't seem to control his power.
History: Since the scientists knew what Pokemon Bakur would be fused with, they had to chain his hands and legs to an extremely strong concrete wall. After awhile, the second-in-command scientist got "a bit" carried away and spliced Bakur for too long, resulting in his body containing dominant Nidoking genes. He was angered by this and started a rampage, destroying the relatively weak chains and bringing part of the building down by thwacking his tail against a wooden support beam.
Other: BEAN.

Last edited:
Name: Rose
Mixed with: Garchomp
Appearance: Rose is only about five feet tall, which makes her a bit shorter than average. Rose's eyes are yellow and lizard-like. Rose's arms have triangular wings on them, which let her fly (she enjoys flying a lot), and she has, instead of fingernails, sharp claws. She also has a dark blue, shark-like fin on her back, which she had to slit her shirt for. Rose also has to carry around a thick tail that ends in fins that are like a shark's tail fins.
Rose has long hair that she dyed dark blue. Her hair goes down to the bottom edge of her shoulder blades. She wears a shirt that is red on the front, except for a yellow stripe around the lower edge, and is dark blue almost everywhere else, with the exception of two white dots on each shoulder. She wears dark blue jeans with no pockets, and doesn't bother to wear shoes because she has claws on her feet also. This has caused her feet to become tough, and she doesn't mind walking on stones.
Personality: Rose is a calm person who uses power rather than strategy. She tends not to think before she acts, and is not afraid to speak up. Usually, she is talkative. Rose also acts neutral towards most allies.
History: Rose was spliced for a relatively long time, and her Garchomp DNA is more dominant than her human's. She didn't bother trying to escape, but still contains her anger, and it's likely that she could release it all at one moment. She wants to use the burst to help the other chimeras escape.
Other: beans, soup, curry, bean soup...
Oh yes, and Rose looks up to Edward, seeing him as a friend.
(Picture of Rose)

Last edited:
I read the Wikipedia entry, but only the first section and the first paragraph of the plot. I have one question: would you recommend FMA? Well, obviously you would, but I mean to someone like me?

*points at username + sig banner + Recommended fanfic* ^w^ hazard a guess?

It's wonderful~

BUT ANYWAY if you wanna talk about it, PM me so we aren't spamming.

Name: Danny (Fang) Timber
Mixed with: Lucario

Appearance: His hair is shaggy and four dreadlocks that stick out behind his head. He has ears that he usually lays back to hide them when walking amoung humans. He also was spikes sticking out of the back on his hands and a tail. Other than the poke'feautres, he was Emberald green eyes and black hair. He wears a pair of silver braceletts, arm bands, ankletts, a ring on his left hans and a silver necklace to boot.

Personality: He is very...flamboyant. He is calm and a easy guy to be around. He is also a bit of a nutter and will say things that just make people question his sanity. He is also not very picky with which gender he flirts with.

History: He is a theif and a Alchemist that can transmute silver into anything he wishes. He was caught and placed in jail, then through some palm greasing of the scientists, he was shipped off to the lab where he was created into a Chimera. The Scientist that created him though left the lab and quit the project, claiming that the guilt of distorying the lives of Humans and Pokemon getting too much to bare.

Other: He is currently stalking Edward, picking on him and hitting on him at every chance. He has no shame. He also is the one that goes into towns and gets the supplie everyone needs since he seems more human-looking at first glance. Also. BEAN

I was also thinking that Rose isn't very friendly towards Fang because Fang's always picking on Edward, which annoys Rose. Is that fine with you, moony? :)

Summary of Subject A-01 said:
Name: A-01

Additonal/Other Names: N/A

Mixed with: Scyther

Appearance: Standing 6' 6", A-01 has a bean physique and looks mostly human. The none-human qualities are as follows...

• On His fore-arms are covered in a natural polymer that is hard and smooth, about a whole inch thick. Hidden within the out edge of these growths are extremely sharp edges that can be extend and contracted at will by muscular contractions.
  • His hair has become light green, additionally becoming more fine and stronger. Shows many characteristics of silk, and grows at an accelerated rate until reaching a length of five feet, refusing to grow further. Seems to be naturally resistant to tangling...
  • His feet have become more claw like, with 3 claws forward. Fore leg have become armored and thicker (think of Scyther's legs).
  • Neon Pink eyes.

Personality: Outgoing and very attachable. He is overly protective of his friends due to his fear of isolation.

History: A-01's history for the most part is non-existant. All that is know is that his parents left him during the evacuation of cities bordering Ishbal. The city initially captured by an Ishbal insurgent movement, but was quickly recaptured by the state. Despite suffering multiple lacerations and bullet wounds, at five years old he was found otherwise in a perfectly healthy condition by an advanced recon team, who managed to smuggle him out of the city just before the State's counter attack.

After becoming an unofficial ward of the state, he was moved around from department to department, no one wanting to take care of a small child. Eventually he was placed under the supervision of the head of the state Alchemist, and approved as a test subject. From then on, he wasn't seen again by the rest of the government agencies, and those that had taken care of him previously never gave it a second thought.

• Other: Mispelt lean... It thought it was funny so I left the misspelling there. Sorry for the crappy history, I just don't want to hold people up.

Last edited:
Didn't join this before. I'm going to check the Wiki page, but I will reserve :3

Thank you.

Name: Tuxa Vairing
Mixed with: Goddammit I can't think of one. Umm... [Uses random sprite generator] Espeon? Very well, then ^^
Appearance: Tuxa has long, purple, straight hair and green, sparkly eyes. She has a long tail that is split at the tip, like an Espeon's, some of her hair sticks out near the cheeks (No, not attached to the cheeks, the hair behind her cheeks, if you know what I mean), a red gem on her forehead, and then there's the Espeon ears that replace the human ears. Her skin colour is somewhat purple-ish. She says it doesn't matter, but when people asks why she has a tail and that purple-ish skin colour, she becomes angry and screams at those who asks telling them that they're rude asking her a personal question and asks them if they judge people by their skin colour, it gets kinda annoying at times.

She wears a purple shirt with black sleeves, over it she wears a black cloak to hide most of her Espeon parts. She also wears a red skirt that reaches her to her knees and her shoes are pink and with white shoelaces. To hide her ears, she has a hood on her jacket that covers most of her face.
Personality: Tuxa has two kinds of personalities. One when she's under the cloak and wants to stay hidden and unnoticable, and one when she doesn't wear it and can be with her fellow chimeras.

When she wears the cloak, she's normally quiet and unnoticable. She would stay away from crowds and conversations, especially with humans. She would also try to be as quiet as possible, unless it is needed to talk or make noise.

Without the cloak, she’s happy and joyful, and would smile in every possible situation. Even to her enemies, she would smile.

[FONT=&quot]Tuxa is very clumsy with alchemy, and most of the stuff she tries to make ends up like rubbish. However, she tries her best and would love to become better, so when her alchemy becomes successful, she gets really happy (More than normal) and bouncy, unless it is in a special situation.[/FONT]
History: Do I have to do this, I just want this RP to get started as soon as possible, as it's really awesome ;;
Other: Tuxa, because she is part Espeon, has some psychic abilities, though she's not as powerful as an Espeon. She can lift and move items (Unless it's really heavy and big) and control small animals.

I know, I got lazy in the last parts.

Last edited:
Name: Evan "Axel" Strauss
Mixed with: Cloyster

Appearance: Evan's torso and waist are enclosed in the natural, lavender armor characteristic of a Cloyster's shell and covered in numerous spiny protrusions, most noticeably six long spikes that come out of his back near the shoulders; these spikes can be torn off to be used as weapons and will eventually grow back. The armor opens up in a v-shape around where a normal human's navel is, leading up to the collar bone to show his hairless head; the skin revealed here is dark-purple, moist, and very sensitive to the touch. The arms and legs growing out of this shell are a grey-toned lavender, smooth and far harder than his inner, more vulnerable skin, bracelets of the shell material adorning his wrists and ankles with alchemical circles inscribed upon them. Clothes that can fit over his armor without tearing are ridiculously hard to come by, and he only wears a sort of double-sided cloak, one side that fits between the longer spikes on his back like a cape and another that drapes over his front. To hide his face a little better, the hood is sewn up with a triangular, pale-blue metal plate, etched in with a comical face depicting an open-mouthed grin and wide crossed eyes.

Personality: The Strauss family has been involved in the government - and usually in the military - for generations, which would make Evan's choice to become a State Alchemist a certainty. Having been raised under strict rules, he now has an equally strict internal demand for following the laws set in front of him and doing whatever it takes to uphold those laws. This, however, led to a particular pride in his government position and in his mental processes, and, combined with his already luxurious background, made him think that he was above most of the common-folk he came across. It probably goes without saying that he was thrown for a bit of loop when the state he was so loyal to betrayed him and turned him into a freak of nature. Now disgusted by the way he appears, he wonders where his allegiance lies; be it to the chimeras or to remain with the military and offer no resistance to wallowing in their scheme. His rich, arrogant attitude has still managed to lurk in his mind, however, which causes him to try and exert what remains of his authority into maintaining a manipulative leadership over the experiments.

History: Before the project, Evan had been an esteemed State Alchemist under the title of "The Wintry Alchemist", known so for techniques that revolved around condensing vapor in the air into water and even ice. During the years of his enlistment, he struck up a rivalry with fellow alchemist Roy Mustang, presumably over their conflicting styles, though Evan had also been particularly jealous of how someone who was, in his words, "at most my equal" could be at such a higher rank than he was. It was Roy who gave him his nickname Axel, because he was "driving a carriage with no wheels."

One day after returning to the military base in Central, Evan and met Roy again, and the colonel asked him, "How devoted are you to upholding the military's authority?" He had answered, immediately and without hesitation, "I would give my life and all that it holds for this country." Looking back, he realized that that might not have been the best thing to say. Shortly afterwards he was knocked out, captured, and dragged into testing as one of the earlier prototype experiments in the Chimera Project. He had only been chosen to be given a small dosage of the Pokemon DNA; however, perhaps because of a reaction with his unique strand of alchemy, the transformation spread further than had originally been intended, causing Evan's body to become far more mutated than most of the other test subjects.

Other: The first person who can catch the reference here will get a lifetime supply of beans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom