• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Bad Blood

Dark Shocktail

Millachinchilla
STORY

The "Eve" Family, a.k.a. the Wes family, have had a long tradition of giving an Eevee to each child to raise as their own, from the same family of Eevees. The two family trees are deeply interlinked, but the roots of both are unknown. The latest in the lines have had troubles though. Childhood arguments and vows of friendship developed into deep cracks and unbreakable loyality respectively between the siblings, despite the parent's best efforts to keep peace between them all. One by one, they left home to journey alone, only taking their most precious Eevee companions for company...

However, the world is starting to fade away. Flora is retreating back into the earth, natural springs are beginning to drain into air and what supplied food, water and shelter is turning into dust, rock and nothingness. The only clue to this change is an anicent rune which points to two families - human and Eevee, running down the same line.

Now blamed for the wiltering world, the Wes family must try to put aside their differences to find the mysterious origin of their family and discover if they are truly the cause of the planet's fading, or if they are the key to curing it. However, others don't seem pleased with this and will attempt to stop them, regardless of the cost...

RULES

Please use proper grammer. Script language annoys me no end and all your profiles show promise and a good use of English. ^_^ Try to make your posts over two sentences long as well.

Use Battle Etiquette. This means to play fair, no godmodding, remember what damage you've already taken and such. I admit that at the start, some of the bosses in the story will dish out heavy damage, but that's because nobody will be able to face them yet and it stops the story ending quickly =)

Try to remember each others backstories and please check though them all before posting so you can object to anything that's been posted =) This seems weird but if someone has written that they left the family before your character was born/would know them, then they wouldn't have any immediate feelings of hate/like towards them. If you're not totally sure, don't be shy to PM the member or look back in the OOC thread ^_^

Enjoy yourself! If you're not having fun, let me know by PM or in the OOC thread so we can try and fix up whatever is preventing the entertainment. The same goes if you're going to be inactive for a spell ^_^

Thats everything ^_^'''

Last edited:
(Outside the family home, late at night)

Sonia couldn't help but smile in glee. She was searching for Katie with Volt, who kept an easy pace with her as she dashed around. In the dark, the pairs jewellery glowed, causing them to resemble streaks of neon light darting though the corridors.

Peeking into a bedroom, trainer and Jolteon found the girl they were looking for. It was night-time, so quiet and easy was the best approach here. Slowly advancing, Sonia shook her younger sibling gently in a bid to wake her up.
"Katie? Katie? It's time. Wake up!" Volt nudged her arm as well, before trying to find Kiki in the darken room, careful of accidently stepping on the Eevee.

Last edited:
Katie was twisted in the sheets on her bed, looking like a Caterpie in a cocoon. She was hugging Kiki like a stuffed animal. The little girl sat up and put on her glasses, blinking. Kiki's tail was wagging furiously, hitting her trainer in the face every few seconds.
"Huh? Oh, hi Sonia."
She stood up, still in pink Mew pajamas, yawning. Kiki did the same.
"I'm awake, I'm awake."
It's kind of bad, but I think she's my favorite sister.

Last edited:
(Haley's in Goldenrod right now, okay?)

Haley trudged up to her friend, Maya's, bedroom. They had spent the last few hours watching movies. She collapsed on the floor. Aphrodite nudged her softly.

She felt the small nudge. She managed to crawl up onto her bed and fall asleep.

Bakur rolled over and yawned sleepily, eyes still closed. "Stoppit, I wanna go cross country ten feet...."

His eyes snapped open. His head was resting on his Altaria's cloud like feathers, as always. He gently got up and rested his feet on the floor. Altaria was snoring quietly, as in very quietly. He looked around and stood up.

Something faded into view from the shadows. It was elliptical and a deep purple, with red eyes, two horns and an evil smile.

"I see you are awake," Gengar hummed. He gazed at Bakur with a warm, welcoming expression.

"Of course," laughed Bakur. A shuffling noise came from behind him as Altaria opened her wings and let out a high-pitched yawn. "Good morning," she said quietly.

"In you go," said Bakur to Gengar. The ghost nodded as Bakur held out a red-and-white sphere. In a blast of red energy, Gengar was gone.

"Let's go out," he said.

Aria awoke quickly, and rushed to the desk next to her bed. On it were a Poké Ball and a Great Ball. She plucked both from their places, and rushed outside her house. First stop, training at Lake Valor!

Camille woke up. Slowly, what sight she had without her glasses on returned. Light came through the curtains of her room at the estate. As she laid there in bed, a familiar squeak. A light weight on her chest. She looked at it, it being Maurice, her Pichu. "Pichu!", he said, a gesture of 'Good morning!', as usual. "Good... morning...", Camille drifted off. She got up after realizing she was a bit hungry, though. Gardenia was still sleeping in a little bed in the corner of the room, a bit larger than the one back at... the Wes house. She preferred not to think of that... place. Island was sleeping on some random spot on the floor, as he could sleep just about anywhere... She got dressed for the day, and as she opened the door, she found a family servant about to knock. "Oh. It's breakfast time, Miss Camille.", he said.
"Well, thank you, Michael.", she responded. Camille scooped up Maurice, who was excited at the prospect of eating, and left the other two to sleep. As she descended the stairs, Maurice cradled in her arms, she thought about what was going on. The world fading away, that is. She had been told that plenty of people pinning the blame on the Wes family... That made her scowl. She could run away from the house, but running away from one's heritage was an awful lot harder.

Sonia and Volt both smiled excitedly. Volt playfully nudged Kiki awake with an affectionate nuzzle, before doing the same to Katie.
"Sorry Katie, I know you hate mornings...but if this works, we can finally get out of here!" Sonia said quietly but happily. Now at ten, it was legal for her to leave home to start on an adventure with her Pokemon. But she wasn't gonna leave behind Katie, not when she knew how eager her sister was to get out of this house. Two bags packed with supplies lay be Sonia's feet. Stepping back to exit the room, she gave a thumbs up to the sleepy pair. "Don't worry, I made sure you have plenty of time to wake up if you need it! We'll be waiting outside." Volt left the bedside and followed Sonia out, the door shutting quietly.

Lake Acuity, 2:26am local time:

A pale blue dog-like creature was dashing around in the snow, pausing occasionaly to blast a mass of ice and air from it's mouth.

"Stop!" shouted a voice. The creature stopped sharply, turned, and walked back towards the voice. A tall man, dressed in grey walking trousers, boots and greatcoat, and a black scarf, was standing there. His feet appeared to be partly burried, and snow had fallen on his back and lothing, but he had made no attempt to remove it.

"That will do for tonight, Rin," explained Wilson, "We need to return to Snowpoint, otherwise the B&B lady will end up panicing. You know what she's like."

The Glaceon didn't care really, and she knew Wilson didn't either, but she was aware that he didn't want the fuss. They had both grown tired of fuss and people and pokemon caring too much about things that wern't important all thier lives, which was why they had left Wilson's family - he hadn't been able to take all the bickiering. Of course that hadn't stopped the others following them. They had met a number of them on thier travels, but Wilson tended not to stay near them when they did show up.

Now though, it seemed that the world could be ending, and their families had something to do with it. Rin knew Wilson, probably better than anyone else including his own parents, and she knew he would go and deal with it (if he could), but Wilson was tight. He had paid for the room in snowpoint for a week, and he would have it for a week, even if half of Kanto fell into the sea.

This wasn't the first time that had been here, as many years ago, back when she was an Eevee and Drake a Charmeleon, and Pru had just joined them, they had come up to what had seemed to sum both her and Wilson up better than any words could. It was here they had found the strange rock that had caused her evolution. That seemed so long ago now.

The snow began to thin and Rin looked up. They had arrived in Snowpoint.

Last edited:
(I shall start in Sunyshore City)

"It's really bright for so early in the morning! Those Solar Panels must be really powerful. Anyway, I think it's about time I caught some more Pokémon, don't you think Shura?"

(Um... I want to be somewhere cheerful-ish. Veilstone, maybe?)

Bakur stepped outside. His six Pokémon were inside their Poké Balls. "How about a walk on the Route?" he wondered aloud, and nodded to answer his question.

Aria sauntered along the serene beach's shore. She loved this morning feel out at the bay, the salty wind blowing in her face, the brine hungrily washing over her shoes, as if it were eating them, little by little... She knew that Firemy didn't like this environment, but on the sunny days, she would come over here with her Charmander and Gabite and play in the sand. Now, it was somewhat gloomy, clouds threatening to cover the sun, but Aria walked on. She passed through the hotel entrance, nodding a friendly "hello" at the person behind the counter. Her feet made a wonderful tapping sound as she followed the concrete path. The lake was in sight now, which made her break into a jog, then a run. As she trampled through the grass, she was only getting more excited. Finally, she burst through the trees and into the placid Lake Valor.

Shura followed her trainer, and understanding the question, she nodded and meowed softly. Then started bouncing around, slightly hyper.

She wasn't very fond of the sun and light, darkness, she liked much more. But, she had to live with light, nothing to do about it.

She then looked up at Charlie, and looked up at him questioning, as if she said, what now?

Snowpoint City, 9:43am local time:

Wilson was sitting in the human dining room of the B&B, having just finished his breakfast. He rose, turning around to grab his coat, bag and a jacket from the side of the chair. The jacket was grey, like the coat and the trousers, but he was wearing a drab green shirt. He put the fleece on, the bag over his back and the coat over his left arm, and walked through an archway into the pokemon dining room.

Rin was in the room, along with the other pokemon on Wilson's team. The only one of them who was not there was Drake, Wilson's Charizard, who was too violent to be trusted in the room. The lady who ran the B&B had ignored Wilson's warnings at first, reflected the ice-type, and had almost lost her business as a result. It had take both Bert and Charlie to restrain him, and Rin had been forced to put out a number of small fires caused by the raging Charizard.

Bert was sat by himself, eyes closed, meditating. Rin had no idea what on, but she didn't exactly care. Charlie was being his outgoing self, lifting tables up to entertain a few baby pokemon, who had had to be separated from their trainers due to rules. Rin had noticed how effortlessly he had stopped the crying and had managed to get the young pokemon laughing. Rin also noted that a Gardevoir had noticed as well, but ignored it.

Pru was also dealing with the baby pokemon, fussing round them and ensuring they were eating properly. This was begining to annoy the chansey who was employed to do the same job, and the disgruntled egg pokemon came over to Rin

"Will you get your friends to leave the baby pokemon alone. It's not their responsibility," the Chansey fumed.

"Why, they won't hurt them, what's the problem," asked Rin, who suspected what the answer would be.

"It's my job to look after them. I'm qualified to do it," retorted the Chansey, and Rin's suspicions were confirmed.

Just then Wilson marched through the archway, looked around, summed up the situation and called out, "We're going now. If you're with me come now."

Bert opened his eyes and teleported straight to Wilson. Bert put down the table, tried and failed to stop the kids being dissapointed, and waked over, with Pru waddling along behind.

"Looks like you got your job back," remarked Rin to the Chansey, before walking calmly over to Wilson. Bert, Charlie and Pru were all returned to thier pokeballs, before Wilson turned on his heel and walked out, with Rin alongside. At the entrance Wilson stopped to put his coat on underneath his pack, and then they walked out into the snow.

Just outside the town, Wilson stopped and pulled out a red and white pokeball. He pressed a button on the front, opening the orb and unleashing a large, orange winged lizard.

"Drake we're going back to the family home," Wilson explained, climbing onto the Charizard's back. He recalled Rin to her pokeball, stowed it, and turned back to Drake.

"Go"

Drake opened his wings and launched himself into the air.

Last edited:
Shura quickly followed Charlie. They could soon see the beach. There were much more sand than water, and there weren't any fishers there. She didn't like crowds.

"Good. No Fishermen. Not to much of crowd, which means more Pokémon!" Charlie said excitedly.
"Is that, a Krabby?" Charlie thought he could see a blob some distance down the beach. He chased after it, with Shura close behind.

Haley awoke to the sound of joyful barks.

"Good morning, Affy." Haley squealed, clinging to the fire dog's fur.

Camille turned at the bottom of the stairs, and walked a bit until she reached the breakfast room. There, everyone else, which was really just the friend she was staying with, Perrine, and her parents. "Ah, good morning, Camille.", Perrine said.
"Pipipi!", Maurice replied.
"Good morning, everyone.", Camille said as she sat down. A few servants brought out steaming plates of food. There was even a little table where Maurice and Island, Gardenia didn't really ever need to eat, sat, though Island was absent this morning. "He... goes at his own pace, as you know.", Camille commented. Mister Clostoir, Perrine's father, got to business, "I saw more trees dissapear into the earth again."
"Really...?", Camille replied distantly. This was always a difficult subject. She looked out the window, overlooking the seas west of Hoenn.
Later, after breakfast was done, Camille decided to head outside, "I... am going to go see for myself.", she said as she headed up the stairs to see if her other two Pokemon were awake yet. She stepped inside, and they were, in fact, awake. They had even opened the window, somehow. And the view was not pleasant. Trees really had dissapeared.

"You know, I'd like to take a little Surf on Wailord."

Altaria's wings were held out straight, the gentle wind barely ruffling her soft, fluffy feathers. She cooed, flapping her wings and continuing to soar on the air current.

"The route's over that way," said Bakur, pointing to the left.

"I know," Altaria crooned, and gently curved onto a different thermal that took them gliding over the southern route.

Back
Top Bottom