• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed The Pokemon of the Volcano

Icalasari

YAY! NEW AVATAR! :D
A lone trainer looked around as he entered a bar, very nervous. He sat down on a stool. A cloak covering him, he called over the keep. "Barkeep! I need a beer!" He shouted out, throwing a few Poke on the counter. He then turned to the trainer next to him. "I have heard of a rare Pokemon in these parts... One made of pure flame. Is that true?"

"Could be, my memory is a little foggy. Maybe a few hundred Poke would clear it up?" The trainer smirked as he said this. The first trained grimaced and tossed him a few hundred. "Ah... That's the stuff. Yes, there are tales of a beast of extraordinary power. It is said to be quite violent, and will only calm down for a worthy trainer. What's it to ya?"

The first trainer smirked. "I have a score to settle, and I plan to use the Pokemon to settle it..." He grabbed his beer and gulped it down. He then threw the glass to the ground. The keep, angry, growled at him

"You better pay for that!"
"I will be making the threats around here, bub. Pikachu, Thunder. Burn the building down."

Pokemon started appearing all over as they were let out, this criminal's identity now revealed. He smirked as his small rodent zoomed around, knocking out even the ground types quickly. The shocked trainers, not able to believe that a Pikachu just beat them, could only evacuate as the criminal lit the place on fire and ran out, his body a silhouette against the flames

The next day, a lone detective came to investigate, and growled as they couldn't believe the trainer got away again. They read the calling card out loud

"Better luck next time!
Signed,
Eric, the Burning Trainer"

~~~~~

It has been two years since the last rp. Two, horrific years. Bars such as the one have cropped up in several places, and things have gone downhill as Team Rocket now controls everything. You are to be a Trainer, a Rocket, or one of the few detectives out there, who is on the trail of the Burning Trainer

Good luck!

The Form:

Name:
Team: (Trainer, Detective, or Rocket)
Description:
Personality:
Reason(s) for Wanting This Pokemon:
Pokemon: (Up to six, each one must have the below form filled. You MAY have a member of a trio (excluding the Weather Trio), or a Lati. Otherwise, no legendaries allowed. Exception to this is Flareth, who can also have the Lake Pokemon on her team)
-Name:
-Species:
-Item:
-Identifying Features: (Shiny, Odd markings, Scars, etc.)
-Personality:

As a note, everybody starts out with the following items, and must scavenge for any new items that they may want or need:

-Five Max Potions
-Two Revives
-Five Full Heals
-Two Full Restores
-One Max Revive
-10 Ultra Balls, to be used at own discretion. However, since you ARE after a VERY powerful Pokemon, it may be best to save them until then

Name: Eric AKA The Burning Trainer
Team: Trainer
Description: Brown eyes, medium length, scraggly brown hair, Phoenix Medallion, glasses with a built in shades function, dark skin, whether from a tan or from the soot of his crime scenes, no body knows, ragged, black jeans, black shirt, black jacket, old black runners. Somewhat skinny, and is 5'7". Two large scars go down the length of his back
Personality: Hardened from Team Rocket killing his Pikachu, he managed to bring her back using his Gengar, Spirit. He has learned to control his temper, allowing him to approach any situation calmly. He sometimes still loses it, though. He is hard to warm up to, as he lost his trust in all people after the incident, save Ohayou, whom he sometimes calls on his Pokegear
Reason(s) for Wanting This Pokemon: To get revenge on Team Rocket and to free everybody

Pokemon: (Up to six, each one must have the below form filled)
-Name: Pikachu
-Species: Pikachu
-Item: Light Ball
-Identifying Features: Abnormally small
-Personality: Withdrawn and obedient. She will even kill if Eric commands it. The death and rebirth she went through caused her to also become timid

-Name: Aljrlieguh (Pronounced AHL-sar-LIE-ee-Juh)
-Species: Milotic
-Item: Leftovers
-Identifying Features: Blue eyes, and the huge scales (?) that make up the fan on the tip of the tail are a solid sapphire blue
-Personality: Calm and methodical. She tends to approach a battle in a logical manner, thinking of how best to approach the situation when left to her own devices. Is also quite modest, but mischievous

-Name: Ribbon
-Species: Garchomp
-Item: Life Orb
-Identifying Features: Is more suited to marine life, having extra claws positioned in such a way that it allows her claws to mimic hands. Her dorsal fin is also much larger than average, and the 'jets' on the side of her head are pointed on both ends. Her tail also has sharp spikes curved towards the tip of her tail. A chunk of her dorsal fin is missing, causing her to be mistaken for a male sometimes
-Personality: After the events two years ago, she has become quite quiet. She almost always thinks before acting now. Despite that, her official nature is still Adamant, showing that the nature given to them just describes them at birth

-Name: Spirit
-Species: Gengar
-Item: Black Sludge
-Identifying Features: Is a bit larger than most Genger. He is pure black, and the spikes on his back are larger than usual and are also serrated
-Personality: Laughs at just about anything, and is quite grim in his sense of humour. He is also easily distracted. Eric sometimes refers to him as, "Ohayou in Pokemon form"

Last edited:
May it be an awsome first sign-up!

Name:Mystari (Mysti) Allyssa Endris
Team:Must...Go to the dark side...They have cookies!:3 Team Rocket!
Description:As a baby, her parents died. Giovanni found her and raised her as his own. Now a low-ranking Rocket(but not the lowest - she has a legendary!), she is the outcast - the one everyone makes fun of. Has the ability, though never shared, to understand what Pokemon are saying, and they can har her(I'm thinkin' Dr. Doolittle!) She ran away again before the last RP ended, so she is roaming around.She found a Fire Stone and used it to evolve her Vulpix, who kept it's black color.
Personality:A mixture of sweet, serious, and sarcastic(three S's!)
Reason(s) for Wanting This Pokemon:Naturally being the outcast, she wanted to shun them all. She set out before Giovanni declared it a mission to both get the Pokemon and find Mysti!

Pokemon:
-Name:Purification
-Species:Suicune
-Identifying Features: Has a bow on her front right leg. Everywhere that's white is silver.
-Personality:Is the cariong, loving one. Doesn't fight if she doesn't have to.

-Name:Skipper
-Species:Mudkip(:3)
-Identifying Features:Just your average Mudkip
-Personality:Enraged easily.

-Name:Moonlight
-Species:Umbreon
-Identifying Features:Her rings are mood rings, but the top right ear was stained pink.
-Personality:The one to always go first on an adventure. Natural enemy to Steel Wing.

-Name:Steel Wing
-Species:Charizard
-Identifying Features:His fire is black, whether it be out of his mouth or it be his tail. Wears a red bowtie.
-Personality:Same as Moonlight. Natural enemy to her, too.

-Name:Shadowflare
-Species:Ninetails
-Identifying Features:Is black where the creamy color, not the mane thing or fliff on it's head, is, and red on the tail tip, the mane-like thing and the fluff thing on it's head.
-Personality:Sarcastic, pretty much!

*facepalm* I have to beat Eric to it? This'll be hard but I'm as determined as my character! :D

Name: Casbah (I've been wanting to use it for awhile)
Description: He has shiny black hair that curls up at two points in the back, but otherwise is straight. His dark brown eyes are ghostly and emotionless. He wears a gray-blue shirt with long sleeves and khaki jeans.
Personality: Casbah is very determined to get the Volcano Pokemon. He wants to keep it safe from Team Rocket, and decided that he will be protective of it, but not so much to its dismay. He will do anything for the Pokemon. Otherwise, Casbah is kind and caring but hostile against people like Team Rocket.
Reason(s) for Wanting This Pokemon: He will do anything for it because he wants to keep it safe from the Rockets.
Pokemon:

-Name: Dodrio
-Species: Dodrio
-Item: Sharp Beak
-Identifying Features: None that Casbah knows of.
-Personality: Kind and enjoys to give others a ride. He tries his best to make sure Casbah gets extremely quick transportation.

-Name: Walrein
-Species: Walrein
-Item: NeverMeltIce
-Identifying Features: Where ocean blue would be, she's more of an icy color.
-Personality: High in wisdom and knowledge, and has already formed a plan for helping Casbah catch the Volcano Pokemon. She's just as determined as he is, but can sometimes be very vain.

-Name: Sheddi
-Species: Shedinja
-Item: Power Anklet, so he's very fast
-Identifying Features: Larger halo and "wings" than normal.
-Personality: Sheddi is silent most of the time, but very quick when it comes to movement. He's very friendly, even towards strangers, but follows every possible command given by Casbah.

-Name: Hippowdon
-Species: Hippowdon
-Item: Soft Sand
-Identifying Features: Completely black.
-Personality: She's strong when it comes to attacking. She's as loyal as a Growlithe but sometimes jumps to conclusions. She's only careful when it comes to getting the Volcano Pokemon.

-Name: Manectric
-Species: Manectric
-Item: Magnet
-Identifying Features: Longer mane than usual.
-Personality: Enjoys shooting flying enemies down from the sky. Very protective of Casbah.

Last edited:
Gah, sorry, forgot to put in the form that you can be a detective this time. If anybody wants to become one, they can go edit their post still. Just post later on that you edited it to become a detective, so we are all aware. Sorry about that!

Name: Blade
Description: Wears black jeans, a white tee, black training shoes and black wristbands
Personality: Calm and peaceful, but while fighting can be very vicious.
Reason(s) for Wanting This Pokemon: He mainly wants this one because he wishes to defeat Team Rocket with it, and afterwards use it to keep peace
Pokemon:
-Name: Moon
-Species: Umbreon
-Item: EXP Share
-Identifying Features: Has a moon shaped emblem on his chest.
-Personality: Similar to Blade's, except is never vicious but wil fight to the death to protect Blade.

-Name: Solon
-Species: Espeon
-Item: Leftovers
-Identifying Features: Has a sun shaped emblem on her chest.
-Personality: Quiet, snidy and doesn't care enough for Blade to protect him much.

-Name: N/A
-Species: Latias
-Item: Soul Dew
-Identifying Features: A shiny Latias
-Personality: Kind and free-spirited, shares Blade's desires to keep peace with the Pokemon of the Volcano so will take out this desire to her grave.

Name: Skye
Team: Rocket
Description: Here's a sprite of her in regular clothes:
picture.php
. She is in Class a of the rankings. so her uniform is similar to Cassidy and Butch's.
Personality: More fun-loving, sarcastic, cruel
Reason(s) for Wanting This Pokemon: To get revenge on eric for killing Patrick
Pokemon:
-Name: Auroras
-Identifying Features: More pink
-Personality: Calm and never wants to cause harm.

-Name: Noxio
-Species: Weezing
-Identifying Features: A darker purple.
-Personality: Surprisningly, he is very playful and plays pranks on Skye.

-Name: Tress
-Species: Venusaur
-Identifying Features: Scar under left eye, Flower is white.
-Personality: She's sneaky and uses many attacks to get her way.

-Name: None
-Species: Lakinay
-Item: None
-Identifying Features: None
-Personality: Like Lakinay, which i consider sorta sarcastic, tough, beautiful

Name: Ketorp
Species: Entei
Identifying Features: Has fangs that are sharper than Seviper's, and they are bigger than Digletts.
Personality: Almost uncontrollable, Ketorp has to be kept in a special ball designed just for him. He used to belong to patrick, but Patrick has died. (It's okay, right?)

I'll join this one too. Since I've never been evil, I guess I'll try Rocket business this time.
On second thought, I don't know how to be evil :{. I'll take my classic character, then.

Name: Aria
Description: Aria has very long, pink hair that goes down to her knees. It takes trouble to comb it, but she manages. Her eyes are an emerald green. She wears a pink shirt with a green butterfly in the middle. Aria wears blue jeans, black socks, and white running shoes.
Two years ago, she tried to catch the Lake Pokémon, but failed. When she tried to take it from Team Rocket, her best friend, a Kadabra named Onestar, died using the special technique that she had taught him. Devastated, Aria gave up, living with her Pokémon for two years. Then, this... whatever you call it... happened.
Personality: She tends to be un-confident. Aria is quiet but intelligent, especially when it comes to Psychic-types. She loves to doodle, and carries a little notebook in her pocket, along with a mechanical pencil. She doodles to express her feelings, and sometimes says that "it's not her hands that do the drawing, it's her heart."
Reason(s) for Wanting This Pokemon: She gave up last time she tried to get revenge, but she's trying again, and wants to stop Team Rocket.
Pokemon:

-Name: Affection
-Species: Mesprit
-Item: Twistedspoon
-Identifying Features: her eyes are emerald green, just like Aria's, and her jewels are emeralds.
-Personality: Affection is friendly towards every ally, but is easily made suspicious. She likes to look into things thoroughly, and once tried to convince Aria to become a detective.

-Name: Rose
-Species: Garchomp
-Item: Dragon Fang
-Identifying Features: Her wings are especially large.
-Personality: Rose is serious, and just likes to get the job done. She prefers power over strategy.

-Name: Sandra
-Species: Lucario
-Item: Mind Plate
-Identifying Features: Her tail looks more like an axe than a normal Lucario's.
-Personality: Sandra is serious but rash, not thinking before she acts. She has a short temper, and attacks without warning. Sandra can be somewhat bossy. However, she is normally friendly. Sandra tends to act somewhat Japanese.

-Name: Windfeather
-Species: Staraptor
-Item: Sharp Beak
-Identifying Features: Is shiny.
-Personality: Flies Aria around the region, and loves to battle. Windfeather is very good at executing midair attacks, and does so whenever she gets the opportunity.

-Name: Moonshadow
-Species: Umbreon
-Item: None
-Identifying Features: None
-Personality: Serious and cunning, Moonshadow likes stealing from foes. He's the perfect one to help Aria on her quest, due to his loyalty. Oddly, he seems to have a crush on Moonlight, Mysti's Umbreon.

-Name: Deadcloud
-Species: Mismagius
-Item: Spell Tag
-Identifying Features: Has sapphire blue jewels instead of red jewels.
-Personality: Deadcloud often causes mischief, and needs a strict trainer to help her focus. Luckily, Aria is the kind to handle her. When Deadcloud is in her PokéBall, she goes down to the underworld and visits Onestar's spirit; this is the wish of Aria.

Name: Ohayou
Description: -Very- messy, almost shoulder length, blonde hair, and big blue-green eyes. Medium in height, and wears a plain yellow shirt and blue jeans.
Personality: Disgustingly cheerful and optimistic. Hyperactive, and protecting of his friends. Has ADHD and OCD. Believes Trainers should fight alongside their Pokemon, so he carries two daggers with him.
Reason for Wanting This Pokemon: To protect it more than catch it, and to reclaim the pokemon of the lake.
Pokemon: The 5 platinum Rotom AND (omigod!) a Drifloon (how stupid can I get? Find out later!)

-Name: Frost
-Item: Nevermeltice
-Species: Rotom posessing a fridge.
-Identifying Features: http://www.serebii.net/platinum/rotom.shtml Is the link to the new 5.
-Personality: Cold and cruel.

-Name: Wash
-Damp stone
-Species: Rotom posessing a washing machine.
-Personality: Emotionless and uncaring of most situations. Just wants to get everything done and go home.

-Name: Cut
-Miracle seed
-Species: Rotom posessing a lawn mower.
-Personality: Mischevious, a prankster.

-Name: Spin
-Quick claw
-Species: Rotom posessing a fan.
-Personality: Happy and free spirited.

-Name: Heat
-Charcoal
-Species: Rotom posessing a toaster oven.
-Personality: Calm and methodical.

-Name: Kasumi
-Item: A banana (for Eric-slapping purposes)
-Species: Drifloon (which he got in Sinnoh!)
-Personality : (see Spin)
Hooray for the newbie and his banana!

Last edited:
I COMES BACK! Can we be a Rocket posing as a detective? If so, I'll be one. Otherwise, I'll just be a Rocket. And damn that dreaded Pikachu... he better not shock me again!

Name: Jason
Team: Rocket posing as Detective (If can't be one, I'll just be a Rocket.)
Description: Tall and slender. Black hair, wears tan shorts and orange shirt.
Personality: Aggressive, very critical of others. Carries around Patrick's first gym badge, which he split with Jason, as a memento.
Reason(s) for Wanting This Pokemon: Revenge against the trainers (especially the Burning Trainer) for killing his best friend, Patrick. (HE RETURNS AS A MENTION!)

Pokemon

-Name: Cutzums
-Species: Blissey
-Item: leftovers
-Identifying Features: Gold Egg: Child of Patrick's Haps
-Personality: Cheerful, loves to play around and help others. A very good battler, too.

-Name: Flop
-Species: Ditto
-Item: BrightPowder
-Identifying Features: Is bigger than other Dittos.
-Personality: Very tough battler, Squish likes to beat opponents. Hangs out on Jason's left shoulder.

-Name: Flip
-Species: Ditto
-Item: King's Rock
-Identifying Features: Is smaller than other Dittos.
-Personality: Opposite of Squish, Flop is scared of battling, but actually is very powerful when needed to battle. Hangs out on Jason's right shoulder.

-Name: Glyde
-Identifying Features: Clipped right wing, gotten when in a battle.
-Personality: Very kind, she doesn't want anyone to be hurt. Will battle if needed, but mostly used as transportation. Found with Patrick's Latios when they were kids.

-Name: Patrick
-Species: Riolu
-Item: Black Belt
-Identifying Features: Has nub of pointy thing in the middle.
-Personality: Aggressive, snobbish, and loves to compete. Strives for attention. He cares a lot for people he knows and likes, but hates most others. First Pokemon Jason caught after Patrick's death, which is why he's named Patrick. (Shares similar traits to Patrick too.)

....and that's it. It's based off my friend, and Patrick was based off me, if you wanna know. Which you don't. I'll shut up now...
And yes, you can use my Entei :D
ETA: Damn, there's a lot of Latias...

Last edited:
Name: Ohayou
Description: -Very- messy, almost shoulder length, blonde hair, and big blue-green eyes. Medium in height, and wears a plain yellow shirt and blue jeans.
Personality: Disgustingly cheerful and optimistic. Hyperactive, and protecting of his friends. Has ADHD and OCD. Believes Trainers should fight alongside their Pokemon, so he carries two daggers with him.
Reason for Wanting This Pokemon: To protect it more than catch it, and to reclaim the pokemon of the lake.
Pokemon: The 5 platinum Rotom AND (omigod!) a Drifloon (how stupid can I get? Find out later!)

-Name: Frost
-Species: Rotom posessing a fridge.
-Identifying Features: http://www.serebii.net/platinum/rotom.shtml Is the link to the new 5.
-Personality: Cold and cruel.

-Name: Wash
-Species: Rotom posessing a washing machine.
-Personality: Emotionless and uncaring of most situations. Just wants to get everything done and go home.

-Name: Cut
-Species: Rotom posessing a lawn mower.
-Personality: Mischevious, a prankster.

-Name: Spin
-Species: Rotom posessing a fan.
-Personality: Happy and free spirited.

-Name: Heat
-Species: Rotom posessing a toaster oven.
-Personality: Calm and methodical.

-Name: Kasumi
-Species: Drifloon (which he got in Sinnoh!)
-Personality : (see Spin)

May it be an awsome first sign-up!

Name:Mystari (Mysti) Allyssa Endris
Team:Must...Go to the dark side...They have cookies!:3 Team Rocket!
Description:As a baby, her parents died. Giovanni found her and raised her as his own. Now a low-ranking Rocket(but not the lowest - she has a legendary!), she is the outcast - the one everyone makes fun of. Has the ability, though never shared, to understand what Pokemon are saying, and they can har her(I'm thinkin' Dr. Doolittle!) She ran away again before the last RP ended, so she is roaming around.She found a Fire Stone and used it to evolve her Vulpix, who kept it's black color.
Personality:A mixture of sweet, serious, and sarcastic(three S's!)
Reason(s) for Wanting This Pokemon:Naturally being the outcast, she wanted to shun them all. She set out before Giovanni declared it a mission to both get the Pokemon and find Mysti!

Pokemon:
-Name:Purification
-Species:Suicune
-Identifying Features: Has a bow on her front right leg. Everywhere that's white is silver.
-Personality:Is the cariong, loving one. Doesn't fight if she doesn't have to.

-Name:Skipper
-Species:Mudkip(:3)
-Identifying Features:Just your average Mudkip
-Personality:Enraged easily.

-Name:Moonlight
-Species:Umbreon
-Identifying Features:Her rings are mood rings, but the top right ear was stained pink.
-Personality:The one to always go first on an adventure. Natural enemy to Steel Wing.

-Name:Steel Wing
-Species:Charizard
-Identifying Features:His fire is black, whether it be out of his mouth or it be his tail. Wears a red bowtie.
-Personality:Same as Moonlight. Natural enemy to her, too.

-Name:Shadowflare
-Species:Ninetails
-Identifying Features:Is black where the creamy color, not the mane thing or fliff on it's head, is, and red on the tail tip, the mane-like thing and the fluff thing on it's head.
-Personality:Sarcastic, pretty much!

Oh, you forgot to give them items! You want them to have some?

That's because I just copied the old one over and changed minor details, but... edited.

(And just as a side note: If you have been hotlinking my pictures, I will hunt you down via IP adress and kill you.)
Edit: Oh wow! That was fast! The hotlink IP's disappeared!

That's because I just copied the old one over and changed minor details, but... edited.

(And just as a side note: If you have been hotlinking my pictures, I will hunt you down via IP adress and kill you.)
Edit: Oh wow! That was fast! The hotlink IP's disappeared!

O.o I never hotlinked your pictures

...Or pie

Mmm... Apple Pie

Would you mind if I reserved a spot? This is a good-looking RP, and I've been dying to join one, but I need a bit of time to come up with a character.

No I'm just posting that in random places on the forum because I have a bunch of random IP's hotlinking my pics and this is the only place that I use pictures in my signature.

And we should somehow incorporate apple pie into this RP.

Wait... I got this...
-----------------------
(((This is what happens in between RP's... about a week before the RP.)))

Ohayou, bored out of his mind on his way back to Kanto, bought several Apple Pies at a baked goods store in Goldenrod city.
"Frost, do you have any room for a few pies? If not I'll move some of the bananas."
Frost opened his doors, and Ohayou shoved the pies in, taking advantage of Frost's amazing preservative abilites.

"Eric might crap himself when he sees what I have planned for these..." he said, evilly.

XDDD

Any booze in there?

Anyways, I think everybody who will want to sign up will be signed up by the time I get on tomorrow, so we will start then, leaving it open for a day after

*Gasp!* How did you know about Frost's new secret compartment!?!? Were you the mysterious refrigerator salesman? EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE!!!

On another subject: It appears we have been tagged with "pie". To counter this assault, I shall tag it with "banana"!

ZOMG PIE I WANT SOME
But damn, you don't give them to Rockets D:
I hate you. But you were basically my favorite character last time XD I loved the brown note bit.

Back
Top Bottom