• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black Yoshi 99 Vs. greategret

Icalasari

YAY! NEW AVATAR! :D
2 Vs. 2 Single
DQ: Seven Days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Weather moves, Healing moves
Arena: Playstation 2 controller

The battlers have been shrunken down to Half-Inch height. This is a standard PS2 Controller, with a wire and all. Electrical and Water moves get a 10% boost. There is a 60% Chance every round that some kid doesn't want to study and decides to use the controller for rotting his brains out for two more rounds. However, if the non-studying kid comes to play, he might shake and jumble the controller, and throw it down in frustration. There is a 10% chance of him leaving in the middle of a round out of frustration.

Combatants may use anything on the controller to their advantage, meaning the analog sticks, the buttons, the wire, and so on so forth.

Black Yoshi 99's Profile

greategret's profile

Black Yoshi 99's Active Squad:

(Quarter) Meowth [Male] - Technician
(Samurai) Zangoose [Male] - Immunity
(Prius) Pachirisu [Female] - Run Away
(Buddy) Ralts [Male] - Synchronize
(Aspen) Treecko [Female] - Overgrowth

greategret's Active Squad:

(Astral) Cleffa [Female] - Magic Guard
(Monsoon) Horsea [Female] - Swift Swim
(Emerald) Chikorita [Female] - Overgrowth
(Dolly) Mareep [Female] - Static

Pre-Round Notes:

Flipped a coin, so...
-greategret sends out first
-Black Yoshi 99 sends out and attacks
-greategret attacks

ReadysetgoIdon'thaveanyconcertaleftwhichisprettymuchritalinwhich
meansIdidn'ttakemyritalinequivalentsoTHAR!

Last edited:
Hm... I think I'll use.... Aspen, my Treeko! So... Aspen, use Leer! Next, use Pound! If that doesn't work, use Absorb! If either one works, follow it up with Razor Leaf!

Leer~Pound/Absorb~Razor Leaf

Pre-Round Stats:

Black Yoshi 99 [OO]
(Aspen) Treecko (Female)
Treecko
Ability: Overgrowth
Item: None
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Mood: N/A
Notes: Do the Gecko, Do the Gecko~ :D

greategret [OO]
(Mareep) Dolly (Female)
Mareep
Ability: Static
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Mood: N/A
Notes: Hope the kid didn't leave any GBA games out nearby...

Round 1:

Here we are, in... Some random kids basement. I have no clue. I am just glad the parents are out of the house, otherwise, this battle would be shortened by the sheer fact that we would all be arrested pretty quickly. Anyways, let's begin the ba...Did everything just get bigger? And are we on a giant PS2 controller? O.o Ok then... Anyways...

A very conflusterated (Yes, conflusterated, don't question me! D:<) greategret sends out Dolly, the Mareep! The Mareep bleats loudly, as if asking, "What the hell? Where are we?" Well, we are on a PS2 controller you poor, stupid, confused lamb you. Black Yoshi 99, meanwhile, sends out a Treecko, who doesn't seem to give a damn about the field.

The Treecko, with a FAR superior speed stat, begins to attack first! She glares at the Mareep, a wicked look in her eyes. It is even unnerving me, and the attack isn't even directed in my general direction! Dolly shivers, and attempts to look away, but the damage has been done. Too bad for her, she just lost a stage of defense! Dolly, however, won't stand for this, and begins to gather energy, soon producing a beautiful protective dome of shining gold energy. She smiles, as she is now safer than before.

Her smile soon fades, however, as Aspen is already launching her next attack. She leaps up into the air, and slams her tail into...

The dome. She growls as her momentum gets screwed up, causing the Mareep to barely flinch as a result. Dolly, grinning at what can be described as one failure of a Pound attack, begins to rub her wool together. Aspen, confused, stands there until she realizes that Dolly is preparing one HELL of a Thunder Wave. She yelps as hightails it out of there, but is soon overtaken by the wave of electricity. Her muscles begin to lock up as the electricity disrupts their normal function. Her whole body is trembling!

The Treecko, now pissed off, turns to confront the Mareep with-wait, what? Razor Leaf? The Treecko turns to face her trainer with a raised eyebrow, as if saying, "How am I supposed to throw leaves that I don't have?"

Dolly, grinning, turns around and looks behind her. She aims her tail as if it was a rifle, and then fires straight at Aspen. Meanwhile, Aspen shakes her head at her trainer and turns, only to see...

A freaking red and blue beam, buzzing with bug energy. It slams into her chest, flinging her into the air. She lands a few... Erm... Whatever our equivilent of feet it, and skids to a halt. Ouch, that can't feel good...

And so ends the first round of what promises to be an epic match of tiny proportions!

Post-Round Stats:

Black Yoshi 99 [OO]
(Aspen) Treecko (Female)
Treecko
HP: 91%
Energy: 95%
Mood: Do I LOOK like I have leaves!?
Notes: Paralyzed - Severe

greategret [OO]
(Mareep) Dolly (Female)
Mareep
HP: 98%
Energy: 88%
Mood: Really, Really, ReallyreallyREALLY happy!
Notes: -1 Defense (Physical Attacks do 50% more damage, rounded down, after Reflect)
Reflect has 2 actions remaining

Notes:

-Black Yoshi 99: Erm, you said if either works, Razor Leaf. Um, so, let me get this straight. What you were going for was Leer, then Pound. If Pound failed, then Absorb. Then if Pound or Absorb worked, Razor Leaf

That doesn't work

That would be four attacks then

Also, Treecko cannot learn Razor Leaf. Please look up attacks next time. Just because it matches a Pokemon's type doesn't mean that it can learn said attack

-If you think my calculations are wonky, you may ask for them at any time. With Reflect, I followed the guide and made the initial investment 3%. For every action after, it is 1% + half of the damage done by an attack (after the attack has been halved. Both times rounded up)

-Should I use colours to brighten up the text? This seems sort of dull without something festive D:​

Last edited:
(I'm ok with the calculations and lack of color)

Dolly, since you seem so happy, use Return. Then, Charge your electricity as much as you can and use Thunderbolt.

Return~Charge~Thunderbolt

((Really? O.o I didn't know that. I just though that Treeko could learn that. Sorry, but I was almost positive. I say do what you want with the text! Calculations=Awesome.))

Hm.... Okay, Apsen. Try this. Use Quick Attack! Follow it up with a Pound, which will hopefully work this time. And finally, top it off with Absorb!

Quick Attack~Pound~Absorb

Round 1 Stats:

Black Yoshi 99 [OO]
(Aspen) Treecko (Female)
Treecko
HP: 91%
Energy: 95%
Mood: Do I LOOK like I have leaves!?

greategret [OO]
(Mareep) Dolly (Female)
Mareep
HP: 98%
Energy: 88%
Mood: Really, Really, ReallyreallyREALLY happy!
Notes: -1 Defense (Physical Attacks do 50% more damage, rounded down, after Reflect)
Reflect has 2 actions remaining

Round 2:

Last round was... Unique... To say the least. People shrinking, Police NOT coming...

Oh, and a Mareep kicking ass. :D Yes, fear Dolly... Fear her, I say... FEAR HER! >.> Of course, there is still plenty of time for Aspen to turn things around and make Dolly fear her instead. I guess we will find out this round... Hopefully before the Mareep Invasion happens, causing Dolly's kind to enslave us all to work at their Oran Berry Farms :D

Aspen is fairly concerned right now, and I don't blame her. Her one advantage - her sheer speed (ok, she also has a type resistance. Blah) - is gone. With the paralysis affecting Aspen and Dolly about to give her a sound thrashing by what looks like one powerful Return, I don't see how she can pull thr-

OUCH! Poor Dolly! Looks like Aspen got lucky and pulled through the Paralysis! Heck, not only did she pull through, her muscles worked overtime and gave her a boost of speed, allowing her to pull off a successful Quick Attack. And despite Reflect slowing down Aspen greatly, reducing the damage by a fair bit, it was still enough to put a slight damper on Dolly`s spirits. However, she still seems to be fairly happy, as she is charging right at the gecko Pokemon.

And there it is, a direct hit in the stomach! That is going to leave a mark for sure! Within a few seconds, Dolly went from staring down her opponent to standing on top of Aspen, bleating to the world that, yes, she is a Mareep, and she is ready to kick some ass!

Gah! Poor Aspen! Things are not going her way whatsoever! Looks like the Return attack jostled her enough to allow the paralysis to lock up her muscles completely, making the command her trainer shouted out, Pound, completely worthless! Heck, Dolly even knows this, and is using this opportunity to Charge up for her next attack! And looks like she is about fi-HOLY CRAP! Did this controller become an elevator? Oh, no, wait, looks like the family is home. Either that, or the parents left their bored kid behind. I hope they don't like squishing bugs o.o

Resident Evil? Oh crap, I wish that kid the best of luck, as I don't want to die via a controller-related death T.T

Anyways, back on the controller, it looks like Aspen is getting ready to use Absorb. However, the paralysis is affecting her concentration, causing her to prepare the attack more slowly than usual. And it looks like Dolly is using this to her advantage, as she is letting loose all of the static in her wool that she has charged u-HOLY! Looks like it is sucking energy right from the controller itself! And here it goes...

Wow, I didn't think a Treecko could scream like that. I... Don't want to know how painful that was. Aspen is lucky that she has a type resistance, or else she would be alot worse off. But, difficult times can spawn heroes! Aspen now has access to Dolly's health, and is sucking up every last morsel she can. Which, sadly, doesn't look like much, but hey, at this point, one has gotta take what one can take.

Wow, Aspen would have been a favourite as well, but with the way things are going, well, it appears to be that type advantages mean nothing when your opponent is a Mareep that apparently delights in frying young, defenseless lizards to a crisp.

Post-Round Stats:

Black Yoshi 99 [OO]
(Aspen) Treecko (Female)
Treecko
HP: 72%
Energy: 87%
Mood: Only taking solace in the fact that a Pokemon can faint when they run out of energy. And boy, Dolly must be running energy close to Aspen's health by now...

greategret [OO]
(Mareep) Dolly (Female)
Mareep
HP: 96%
Energy: 71%
Mood: Getting a little tired, but now even happier than ever!
Notes: -1 Defense (Physical Attacks do 50% more damage)
+1 Sp. Defense (Special Attacks do 50% less damage to Dolly)

Terrain Notes:
-Kid remains for 4 more actions

Other Notes:
-Yeah, if Aspen DIDN'T resist Electric attacks, then Thunderbolt would have done 22 damage instead of 13. Ouch​

Last edited:
Not if it is used up powering Thunderbolt

Also, I keep on forgetting this:

Black Yoshi 99 attacks first this round

Actually, the special defense raise from charge remains even after an electric attack discharged.

Really? O.o Never saw that in the games or in the description. Mind if I double check against the games? After all, I thought the attacks were based more on the games stats for them, due to the anime being, erm, nonsensical at times...

Ok. I am going to check via my game, as I remember quite clearly that, after using Charge, it said that the special defense dropped

EDIT: Obviously not clearly enough ^^;

Guess it got muddled with Stockpile... x.x

*goes to edit last post*

Last edited:
Yeesh.... I'm not doing so well... Aspen, use Screech to start things up again! Follow it closely with a Quick Attack,then come back with a Pound!
Screech~Quick Attack~Pound
((Hope I'm getting better at this...))

Dolly, since you should still be faster than Aspen, use Cotton Spore while she's preparing to Screech and aim mostly for the head and try to muffle her Screech. Quick Attack isn't that powerful, so just let it hit you, then hit her back with a Signal Beam.Signal Beam her again. But if the muffling tactic didn't work, use Sand-Attack which there should be enough dust for.

Cotton Spore~Signal Beam~Signal Beam/Sand Attack

Black Yoshi 99 [OO]
(Aspen) Treecko (Female)
Treecko
HP: 72%
Mood: Only taking solace in the fact that a Pokemon can faint when they run out of energy. And boy, Dolly must be running energy close to Aspen's health by now...
Screech~Quick Attack~Pound

greategret [OO]
(Mareep) Dolly (Female)
Mareep
HP: 96%
Energy: 71%
Mood: Getting a little tired, but now even happier than ever!
Notes: -1 Defense (Physical Attacks do 50% more damage)
Cotton Spore~Signal Beam~Signal Beam/Sand Attack

Terrain Notes:
-Kid remains for 4 more actions

Other Notes:
-Yeah, if Aspen DIDN'T resist Electric attacks, then Thunderbolt would have done 22 damage instead of 13. Ouch​

Round 3

I enter a battle that seems to have gotten pretty intense while I was off duty but boy am I glad I got here. Sorry to keep you waitting, I have other things but I decided to help you two out. Keep this interesting and I'll do my job. Now, from my observations we are somehow on a game controller and...Aspen is severely paralyzed. That means only about 25% a chance her next 3 attacks will pull through. Tough. She seems to be losing the advantage in battle already. Dolly on the other hand just needs to use her attacks thoughtfully and must be weary of physical blows. Hn...sounds fiery. Well, this red flag is for you-Black Yoshi and the blue-for greategret. With the wave of my flags-resume your battle!

Having been paralyzed, Aspen desperately tried to reduce Dolly's defense with an earsplitting sound. Since it wasn't a physical move she had more of a chance but he managed to fail at that. The Treecko stood there shaking helplessly. Dolly let loose a series of clumps of cotton from her fleece after shaking about like a wet dog. The thick clumps stuck to Aspen like fur on velcro weighing the gecko down sharply reducing her speed. Aspen struggled in frustration as the cotton clotted over her face.

Out of nowhere, the ground trembles as the boy jams a thick thumb down on a button repeatedly.

Aspen, trying to see through the clumps of cotton positioned herself ready to attack. The static however, held her prisoner once again. Dolly's tail swung about rapidly as she grew excited and then thrust her head back forming a sinister beam of light at her mouth. She let her head drop as the beam came in a straight line at Aspen. The force knocked her off of his feet and smack against the analog stem.

A roar of fury echoed through the battlers ears as the boy griped over the dumb game. The controller fell face down with the battlers all hitting the (color) carpet rather roughly.

Once everyone got back to their feet, Aspen's last chance was to strike physically and tried to break into a run to whap Dolly with her thick green tail but instead, she fell flat on her stomach. Paralysis had taken her down again. Dolly couldn't be happier and bleated in joy. ANother Signal Beam would more than likely do yet more great damage so the Mareep once again shot a beam of light at the trembling gecko who tumbled and lay flat on her back.

oo
Black Yoshi 99: Aspen [F]

Treecko
Health: 48%
Mood: Growing weary

oo
greategret: Dolly [F]

Mareep
Health: 96%
Energy: 64%
Mood: Feeling her body tire but highly motivated

KQ's Reff Notes...
-Aspen's paralysis effects were determined by a virtual dice roller
(this round it had to be 25 or under)
-Aspen rolled 72-I did put into thought how it wasn't physical so I made it for non-physical attacks 35
-Dolly reduced Aspens Speed by 2 levels (still not faster than her tho.)
-Aspen rolled 45-Quick Attack failed
-Dolly's Signal Beam lost 1 point of damage before it was doubled to 12 because of reverse STAB
-The boy's actions were also determined by a virtual 100 sided die and he rolled a 3 when 10 and under was required
-Aspen rolled a 78-Pound failed
-Dolly's Signal Beam lost 1 point of damage before it was doubled to 12 because of reverse STAB
-greategret attacks 1st next round
-Black Yoshi 99 attacks 2nd
-I reff

Dolly, use a 10% Substitute and hide in the depression behind that tall wiggly thingy while Aspen's distracted by the substitue. Lie down and try not to get hit by the wiggly thingy or let Aspen see you while the controller is being jumbled. When she's not looking in your direction, use Swift. If she defeats the substitute and starts going after you, use Discharge.

10% Substitute~Lie down~Swift/Discharge

Back
Top Bottom