• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nintendo DSi?

Are you getting the DSi when it comes out?

• Total voters

Icalasari

YAY! NEW AVATAR! :D
EDIT: Forgot a Maybe option. Could a mod add that please?

Found out about it on Serebii

Apparently, in exchange for removing the GBA slot, it gained a camera, SD Card support, and a Virtual Console

Japanese Release: November 2008
Everywhere else: Early 2009

If they fixed the shoulder-button issue, then I am getting it

I never heard about this, I use the GBA slot a lot, theres a camera? WTF!? how does this work then? wheres the page?

I saw the announcment a few days ago on PokéBeach; they've updated it with more info and links since then. Here it is.

It looks cool and all, but barring another lucky contest win I don't think I'll be getting one (at least not until one of my Lites breaks and/or the price drops). I don't really need it, nice as it sounds, and the removal of the GBA slot seems like a dumb idea. Granted, it might have been necessary since the system is slimmer than the Lite, but seeing as it messes up the extra functionality of games like Pokémon and apparently completely prevents playing games like Guitar Hero DS, well... yeah.

I'm kinda torn over this.

I got my Lite on launch and it's looking rather well-used by now. Cracked hinge, permanently mis-calibrated touch screen with one corner that clicks if you press it, the works. The release of a new version of the DS seems like a good opportunity to replace it, and a very sleek and lovely replacement this DSi would make. I'm not crazy about cameras but it seems like it could be a very cool addition to the DS if its use could be incorporated into a few future games, perhaps. Also, free browser, online store and 1000 free points? Mmm.

Buuuut the lack of a GBA slot bugs me, not because I'd have nothing else to play GBA games on (<3 Tribal SP) but because I'd be losing things like the dual-slot feature in D/P. And then, of course, there is the small matter of finding the money for it. Which may actually be more of an issue than the dual-slot thing (I kept my original DS, I'll probably keep my Lite, too).

... Somehow I want this thing more every time I read about it. Must... not... import... for Christmas... @_@

I use the GBA slot on my DS a lot, instead of using my GBA, so getting rid of that makes it worse for me. The other stuff is cool, but I prefer my DS.

I'm sticking with my PSP for now. Unless they plan on bringing the DS Tales games here, there really is no reason for me to have a functioning DS.

I really find no need for a new DS; my old one works absolutely fine, even if the shoulder buttons are a bit kinky at times, and if I need to take a picture there's no reason I can't just use my phone or a camera if I have one.

I am sticking with my old DS (DS original, too. It's silver and bulky and I like it D:) thank you very much. Unless it breaks, which would sadden me infinitely. If it breaks, then I'm getting a DS lite; sacrificing the GBA slot is too much. I mean, c'mon, Pokemon games need that to fully functional.

Meh, I just got my Lite last November, and while some of the new features look cool, the DSi's not really winning me over. Lack of GBA slot is also saddening. I won't be getting one any time soon.

I'm not getting it, since I am happy with my teal Phat, and my black Lite I rarely use. The thing is, I need that GBA slot. I sold my GBASP in order to buy a DS, so it is now the only way for me to play GBA games.

I think a new model wasn't really necessary, and I still haven't figured out what a camera would be used for.

I'm kinda torn over this.

I got my Lite on launch and it's looking rather well-used by now. Cracked hinge, permanently mis-calibrated touch screen with one corner that clicks if you press it, the works. The release of a new version of the DS seems like a good opportunity to replace it, and a very sleek and lovely replacement this DSi would make. I'm not crazy about cameras but it seems like it could be a very cool addition to the DS if its use could be incorporated into a few future games, perhaps. Also, free browser, online store and 1000 free points? Mmm.

Buuuut the lack of a GBA slot bugs me, not because I'd have nothing else to play GBA games on (<3 Tribal SP) but because I'd be losing things like the dual-slot feature in D/P. And then, of course, there is the small matter of finding the money for it. Which may actually be more of an issue than the dual-slot thing (I kept my original DS, I'll probably keep my Lite, too).

... Somehow I want this thing more every time I read about it. Must... not... import... for Christmas... @_@

cave in. /do it/

It looks cool, hmm.

But no GBA slot? It bothers Arylett immensely.

I don't have a GBA, so I only use my DS Lite to play GBA games. Yeah.

However camera seems cool! Other than that though, I doubt I'll get it.

Blargh, just what we need. Another way to milk the cow. The DS lite is still selling like hotcakes (new colours only came out a short while ago). This is still far to early to consider releasing a new version. I recall that the micro didn't come out till after the DS was released.
The thing that pisses me off the most is that there will be exclusive games that you need a DSi for. Godamn, it isn't enough that we have to go through the trouble of buying points to get the game in the first place, we have to buy a whole new console just to play them on. If they don't make an adaptor to make it compatible with the DS/DS lite then I'm going to scream.
I also hardly see the use of the camera. It makes the console look pretty ugly, from what I've seen ._.

hmmm... i dunno. i usually trade in my old systems for the newer one, but if i did that i wouldn't be able to migrate my pokemon, or get the cartridge insert pokemon... :/ i don't particularly use that feature often but i'll probably regret selling my ds lite if i did, i regretted selling my sp before so i bought another (for £15 lol).
also it'll probably be expensive on launch, and i'm a little bit unimpressed by the console itself. :I

Meh, I just got my Lite last November, and while some of the new features look cool, the DSi's not really winning me over. Lack of GBA slot is also saddening. I won't be getting one any time soon.

This exactly (yes, that includes the November bit). 8D
I don't use my SP very much anymore, and when I do, it's because someone else is playing my DS or I'm playing an original GB or GB Color game. I very much prefer playing games on my Lite than I do the SP, and I wouldn't sacrifice the slot for anything (not to mention I'd probably have to get rid of my Lite if I got a DSi like I did my original DS, which means I'd be freaking screwed in the way of Diamond and Pearl since I don't have GTS).

No. -_- I honestly never thought the DS Lite was any better (actually, I think it's WORSE than the first models) and this thing isn't going to make me like the smoothness any more. Plus, it'll probably take 6 months for them to come out in colours, and the white makes it look like a baby wipe box. D:

The SP was great, but the Lite and this? OVERKILL.

Last edited:
I will probably get this. I still have my DS Phat from the day it came out, and I was going to ask for a DS Lite for Christmas. The lack of a GBA slot is a bit annoying, but I have my good ol' DS for Pokemon migration. And my GB Micro for playing GBA games. The camera seems a bit... unsightly, but not something that's hard to get used to. But it should be removable.
And that's all I have to say about that.

I'll probably get it a couple years after the Noorth American release, after they've straightened out the inevitable bugs and have it in cool colors. I like the improvements. The lack of GBA slot is very upsetting. That means it can't play Guitar Hero, right? I dunno. :/ I guess I'll keep my Lite for that.

Back
Top Bottom