• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open The Sound's Specimens

Zora of Termina

forget your high society
Pronoun
fucking guess
This RP is rated PG-13

“SCIENTIST’S LOG:

Jun. 11, 2008

Our experiment has begun. We have been ordered to research the infusion of Pokémon with music. Tests are underway as I write this.

-----------------------

Aug. 07, 2008

Research is going smoothly. However, the infusion process is giving us trouble. None of the specimens appear to react in any form to the music to which they are exposed. It is worrisome, but the head of R&D is coming up with a way to seamlessly infuse the specimens.

------------------------

Oct. 2, 2008

We’ve done it! We have successfully spliced the first Pokémon with a song! We have created the music type! It appears that the Pokémon, when infused, will undergo a transformation of sorts that will give it the characteristics of the song it has been infused with. For example: A Pokémon infused with a song of lament would gain dark, depressive characteristics, while a Pokémon spliced with a song about flying might grow wings and have air-like qualities. Tests are still being run at this time.”

A young woman with striking azure hair scanned these notes by the candlelight in the dark lab. The most notable thing about her was the signature jacket of a Rocket Executive. She looked up from the research papers at the tanks in front of her. In them, many Pokémon floated peacefully, attached to wires and machines and such. But they were still ALIVE. Even as one of the most esteemed Executives Team Rocket had to offer, this was twisted and wrong.

“I have to stop this…” she pulled a shining blade out of its sheath at her waist - usually just a decoration on the wall in her office, but tonight she needed it. After all, they’d never be able to prove it was her. They’d blame Lance and his army of Trainers. She hated them - Lance HAD tried to destroy all of humanity after all - but manipulating Pokémon like this she had always objected to.

And that was when the first tank shattered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You wake up a few hours later. As one of the unsuspecting specimens, you have no idea what they did to you, only that you were normal one minute, then like this when you woke up. As you look around and see others like you, and the torn apart lab, you begin to realize what happened. And you wonder, is there a way to return to normal? And just what were you spliced with?

A large computer holds the answers. At first glance, it looks as if it's broken beyond repair due to the amount of damage done to it. But as you approach it, the exposed wires spark and it gives it's last message. A research log.

And that's when the journey to undo this mess starts. At the end, the log states that there is a shrine deep within the Snowpoint Temple, in Sinnoh. At this shrine, no matter how battered, bruised or deformed Pokemon have become, they leave it in a state that would give no inkling that anything at all had happened to the Pokemon. It returns them to normal.

And the Rockets aim to destroy it to eliminate any threat of Trainers finding their experiments and taking them to return to normal.

Now the journey to the shrine begins.
-------------------

RULES:

-No Godmodding
-No flaming
-No Legendaries
-No spamming
-There will probably be killing, most definitely blood, and possibly gore. If you can't handle that, you probably shouldn't join.
-Speaking of gore, keep it to a minimum. Bloodshed is fine.
-You must post at least one line of text. If it’s less than that on an 800x600 monitor (what I use), it’s too small.
-You may be spliced with any song, as long as you can understand it and provide a translation if need be.
-If you want, you may put up to two songs on a character, but may only have one character.

FORM--

Name:
Appearance: (You DO kinda have to explain how the song affected their appearance after all)
Personality: (may be played out if you’re bad at writing these things out like I am)
Song:
Abilities: (must be related to the song’s title or lyrics)
Other:

If you'd like to be a human, just ask and I'll put up a form for it.

Members:

Zora of Termina~
Name: Anseyu
Species: Lucario
Appearance: Her body became jet-black as a result of the experiment, and she now has appendages much like a Blastoise's cannons on her wrists instead of spikes, but much much smaller. Her tail became a cannon as well. Her fangs also became longer.
Personality: The only notable thing I can say is that she will get extremely angry and start firing at you if you mess with her too much. She also seems to get extremely anxious around 10:30 at night. The rest is played out.
Song: Gunpowder and Lead - Miranda Lambert
Abilities: Since the song does technically have to do with a shooting, she gained the ability to use attacks like Barrage, Ice Beam and Flamethrower. Any kind of attack she could use her cannon-like appendages to fire, basically. She can also fire darkness in short bursts from them, similar to, well, bullets out of a gun.
Other: None.

Evoli~
Name: Meda
Species: Xatu
Appearance: (I'll make a sprite later) Meda is all black, except the tips of her wings (Which now look like bat wings) and "collar", which are both white. The two feathers at the back of her head are dark green, and seem to have eyes like snakes. Meda's beak look's like a hawk's, curved downward and very sharp.
Personality: played out
Song: Lullaby to Nightmares - They Might be Giants
Abilities: She can put humans and Pokemon to sleep and give them nightmares. She can manipulate shadows, creating second shadows of things, making the area around herself shadowy and dark, ect. Other than that, she seems to be a normal Xatu.
Other: I just now realized that Xatu.. Well, one of the lines in the song is "And we stare at the sun." Part of Xatu's Sapphire Pokedex entry? Xatu is known to stand motionless while staring at the sun all day long. I didn't realize that until just now. Hm... >>

O_o~
Name: Squish
Species: Jigglypuff
Appearance: Has grown into a shade of dark pink, dances instead of walking more.
Personality: PO
Song: Forever-Chris Brown
Abilities: Has gained regenerative abilities, like Moonlight, Leech Seed, Giga Drain, and Aqua Ring.
Other: Hi.

Animorph~
Name: Stephan
Species: Manectric
apearance: Apollo's body has become more feline due to the expirement, and his mane has fallen into a more lion like fashion. His tail has grown out a little, but his face and paws remain the same.
Personality: Stephan is very...quiet and serene. He believes that all things are worked for teh better good. He will not hesitate to help a friend, or to give them a hypothetical shoulder to cry on. Very empathetic.
Song: Amazing Grace
Abilities: Stephan has increased speed and agility, and his movements have become much more fluid. In addition, his is more flexible. His true power, however, lies in his ability to emit a soft hum that puts others into a state of calm, lull them to sleep, or even numb them. If need be, however, this hum can also give splitting headaches, make others prone to agression against allies, and and cause pain. However, this ability has the unfortunate kickback of making him very empathetic, so he can feel every emotion felt around him that isn't caused by his own abilities.
Other: ...If you want a character to compare him too, pick Lucius the girly monk from Fire Emblem 7. Heck, if you want, mistake his gender!

Flareth~

Name: Firaga
Species: Charizard
Appearance: Her body seems to be made of steel. She seems to have some sort of hammer in her hand. She has green, tough eyes.
Personality:PO
Song: Maxwell's Silver Hammer by The Beatles
Abilities: Duh, she uses her hammer.

Stormecho~

Name: Balia
Species: Ponyta
Appearance: Balia's appearance is very, very striking. Her flames, rather than being the usual red-orange-yellow mix, are white. Pure, breathtaking white, and perfect at contrasting against the two purple-black wings extending from her shoulders. Definitely not the usual look for a Ponyta, and to make it worse, the wings are purely ornamental, large enough to look impressive, but to small to fly with. Other than that, she seems rather... normal, though instead of being a cream-colour, her fur has a slight shimmer, rather like the surface of a pearl. The perfect Pokemon if you want something that screams "Look at me!"
Personality: Very brash, Balia is extremely competitive, and cannot stand being insulted. She does everything she can to win, obsesses over her losses and goes overboard when trying to be better. She is nearly always rude, and is so tactless it's doubted she even knows what tact is. Nevertheless, she is very loyal, and when she makes a descision, she sticks with it. Unfortunately, this means that even if it's a horrible plan that's bound to fail, she keeps going. Since the experiment, she's become more sullen and rude, insulting others to feel better and more superior.
Song: Dark Wings - Within Temptation
Abilities: Due to her flames, she can use a Flash ever so often, but this weakens her greatly. Also, Faint Attack, Pursuit and other Dark-type moves, though they also exhaust her quickly. And she can use most Flying-type attacks that involve wings, though hers are much weaker.
Other: It mentions rays of 'life' in the lyrics, so I decided to give her something that might possibly be blinding. Er, I know it's a far stretch from the song, but it's hard for me to find good songs with some description I can use.

Blaziking 175~
Name: Defarge
Species: Pinsir
Appearance: Defarge is various shades of red, due to the songs that he was mixed with.
Personality: Defarge was fully combined with the song "Kerosene", but the scientist tending to Defarge at the time happened to be humming the song "Burn", and thus Pinsir has traces of that in his brain. Because of the song choices, he is very passionate about things, and tends to get angry easily.
Song: Kerosene - Miranda Lambert and a trace of Burn - Jo Dee Messina
Abilities: Because of "Kerosene", Defarge has become a Bug/Fire type. He can use any fire type move, and the damage of the moves are magnified when he is angry. Because of "Burn", Defarge has gained the ability to instantly burn people from a distance, without using fire type moves.
Other: Like the choice of Gunpowder and Lead on your character Zora ;)

MurrMurr~

Name: Nallina
Species: Toxicroak
Appearance: Nallina's skin is black, and her head has red markings on it. Her hands and feet are caked in mud. Nallina prefers to crouch and run, never lingering in one spot for too long.
Personality: Cool and distant, considers herself a weakness to any group. Has a bit of an inferiority complex due to her..."seizures" (see below).
Song: Perfect Insanity-Disturbed
Abilities: Can use Confuse Ray, Teeter Dance, Psychic, Dark Pulse, and the Ghost-type Curse. Nallina can get premonitions of the future, at the cost of large amounts of pain. Basically, think of it as an extreme seizure.
Other: This RP is so incredibly creepy. AWESOME!:grin::sweatdrop:

Crazy Linoone~

Name: Star
Species: Breloom
Appearance: After being morphed with music, the green colors on Star's body became a strange blue that's almost neon. His claws and the berry on his also turned to a bright yellow.
Personality: Because he was morphed with rock music, Star is usually bright and cheerful, and can be hyper at times. It's hard to get him down, and he has a happy-go-lucky sort of personality.
Song: Ride on Shooting Star - the Pillows
Abilities: Star can send out a burst of power in the shape of a star. Whatever he does with it is anyone's guess... Also, the berry on his cap glows in the dark, like a flashlight. It's bright enough to illuminate dark places, but not enough to hurt people's eyes. He can turn off the glow at will. Star can also use weak electric attacks including Spark, Charge, Discharge, and Thunderwave.
Other: Star did not remember his old name at all. He's not even sure if he had one. Therefore, he decided to call himself "Star" because of the song he was merged with.

Full Metal Cookies~

Name: Aodie
Species: Lopunny
Appearance: She is taller than most Lopunny, about five and a half feet tall. Her head fur is a shocking neon pink colour, and look something like a Mohawk. Her body is covered in spiraling tattoo-like markings, like ribbons. The fur on her feet is black, so it looks like boots. There is a gigantic intricate angel across her back. She also has sharp claws on her paws.
Personality: Aodie is... not someone you'd want to take on in a battle alone. She is quite capable of ripping faces off, and will gladly do so if annoyed. She is the type to party and hates to conform to gender roles. She often says that she ISN'T 'one of the boys', since, as she says, 'They boys are no fun'.
Song: U + Ur Hand - Pink
Abilities: She's very physically strong, capable of busting holes in walls, lifting dumpsters, ect. Beyond that, she can intimidate males just by being in the same area, and her Swagger attacks cause the target to get extra pissed off.
Other: I like this idea. ^w^

Bakuphoon~

Name: Bakun
Species: Typhlosion
Appearance: At first glance, Bakun may seem like a normal Typhlosion, but he really isn't. Sometimes, his body may turn completely black, or dark, if you wish, while his flame will also become darker. That's only when Bakun turns very angry, or irritated. His aura may also become darker.
Personality: In the beginning, Bakun will act nice and calm, hiding his true emotions, anger, hate and sorrow. But later, he'll release them on whoever is in the way.
Song: 3 Days Grace - Animal I have become
Abilities:
-When Bakun becomes angry, and turns all black, his type becomes Dark/Fire. He calls it his "beast" side.
-He will also be able to use some dark type moves, like Shadow Claw.
-Bakun, when he turns "beast", will become much stronger, and will not care if anyone is hurt in any way.
Other:
Here is the explanation, if you would like to read it.

This video/song is about an individual who has long tried to hide his true emotions, his anger, and desire for revenge against all those who have done him wrong. Finally, he snaps, and becomes the side of himself he never let others see. Caught in a mix of his rage and concern, he doesn't know who is the real him: the one he pretended to be for all those years, or the animal he has now become...

Jewel Espeon:

Name: Ziggio
Species: Zigzagoon
Appearance: Because of the song, Ziggio now has white and yellow stripes. His eyes and mask is gold.
Personality: PO?
Song: Pocketfull of Sunshine- Natasha Bedingfield
Abilities: Sunny Day, Flash.
Other:

Icalasari~

Name: Eric
Species: Chatot
Appearance: Surprisingly, a musical Pokemon CAN become more musical! All of his feathers are black, sans one, and his has a halo above his head. The area beneath is eyes is darker, as if stained with tears. The large, ornamental feather on his head turns grey at the scythe-like part
Personality: Withdrawn sometimes, he will gain sudden bursts of courage and will fight to the death for those he cares about. Very intelligent, he is also rash and is easy to distract
Song: Theif - Our Lady Peace
Abilities: Is Ghost/Flying type instead of Normal/Flying. Can induce panic attacks in others by maintaining eye contact. Also, he absorbs the bad feelings from those he cares about, causing them to maintain a positive outlook, as if things will be alright
Other:
-Ghost Typing - The Song talks about death occasionally
-Panic Attacks - The lyrics are dark and depressing. Horror and disgust is mentioned, so I presume that one would panic as my character represents the death in this song, along with the singer in some aspects
-Sucking Up Negative Feelings -
"I can't see that thief
That lives inside of your head
But I can be some courage at
The side of you bed"

Song:

Lyrics - Here
Music Video - Here

...Let's see if Flareth found the reference in the plot >3

Last edited:
*hands Zora a creativity award*

Name: Meda
Species: Xatu
Appearance: (I'll make a sprite later) Meda is all black, except the tips of her wings (Which now look like bat wings) and "collar", which are both white. The two feathers at the back of her head are dark green, and seem to have eyes like snakes. Meda's beak look's like a hawk's, curved downward and very sharp.
Personality: played out
Song: Lullaby to Nightmares - They Might be Giants
Abilities: She can put humans and Pokemon to sleep and give them nightmares by singing lullabies. She can manipulate shadows, creating second shadows of things, making the area around herself shadowy and dark, ect. Other than that, she seems to be a normal Xatu.
Other: I just now realized that Xatu.. Well, one of the lines in the song is "And we stare at the sun." Part of Xatu's Sapphire Pokedex entry? Xatu is known to stand motionless while staring at the sun all day long. I didn't realize that until just now. Hm... >>

Last edited:
Name: Squish
Species: Jigglypuff
Appearance: Has grown into a shade of dark pink, dances instead of walking more.
Personality: PO
Song: Forever-Chris Brown
Abilities: Has gained regenerative abilities, like Moonlight, Leech Seed, Giga Drain, and Aqua Ring.
Other: Hi.

Last edited:
Name: Stephan
Species: Manectric
apearance: Apollo's body has become more feline due to the expirement, and his mane has fallen into a more lion like fashion. His tail has grown out a little, but his face and paws remain the same.
Personality: Stephan is very...quiet and serene. He believes that all things are worked for teh better good. He will not hesitate to help a friend, or to give them a hypothetical shoulder to cry on. Very empathetic.
Song: Amazing Grace
Abilities: Stephan has increased speed and agility, and his movements have become much more fluid. In addition, his is more flexible. His true power, however, lies in his ability to emit a soft hum that puts others into a state of calm, lull them to sleep, or even numb them. If need be, however, this hum can also give splitting headaches, make others prone to agression against allies, and and cause pain. However, this ability has the unfortunate kickback of making him very empathetic, so he can feel every emotion felt around him that isn't caused by his own abilities.
He can now use hypnosis, supersonic, confusion, sonic boom, and chatter.
Other: ...If you want a character to compare him too, pick Lucius the girly monk from Fire Emblem 7. Heck, if you want, mistake his gender!

RvT, of course. is the zure-haired one.....Zooooooorrrraaa?

Name: Firaga
Species: Charizard
Appearance: Her body seems to be made of steel. She seems to have some sort of hammer in her hand. She has green, tough eyes.
Personality:PO
Song: Maxwell's Silver Hammer by The Beatles
Abilities: Duh, she uses her hammer.

I told you I'd join! XD Now, I brought back Tala, Diera, Aeru and Karae. Could I bring back Balia? Or... Ah, the Transformed RP is fairly dead.

Name: Balia
Species: Ponyta
Appearance: Balia's appearance is very, very striking. Her flames, rather than being the usual red-orange-yellow mix, are white. Pure, breathtaking white, and perfect at contrasting against the two purple-black wings extending from her shoulders. Definitely not the usual look for a Ponyta, and to make it worse, the wings are purely ornamental, large enough to look impressive, but to small to fly with. Other than that, she seems rather... normal, though instead of being a cream-colour, her fur has a slight shimmer, rather like the surface of a pearl. The perfect Pokemon if you want something that screams "Look at me!"
Personality: Very brash, Balia is extremely competitive, and cannot stand being insulted. She does everything she can to win, obsesses over her losses and goes overboard when trying to be better. She is nearly always rude, and is so tactless it's doubted she even knows what tact is. Nevertheless, she is very loyal, and when she makes a descision, she sticks with it. Unfortunately, this means that even if it's a horrible plan that's bound to fail, she keeps going. Since the experiment, she's become more sullen and rude, insulting others to feel better and more superior.
Song: Dark Wings - Within Temptation
Abilities: Due to her flames, she can use a Flash ever so often, but this weakens her greatly. Also, Faint Attack, Pursuit and other Dark-type moves, though they also exhaust her quickly. And she can use most Flying-type attacks that involve wings, though hers are much weaker.
Other: It mentions rays of 'life' in the lyrics, so I decided to give her something that might possibly be blinding. Er, I know it's a far stretch from the song, but it's hard for me to find good songs with some description I can use.

Last edited:
@Blaziking: Two songs is OK, since you can't have two characters, I guess. *adds to rules*

Stormecho and Flareth, you are accepted. :]

Name: Defarge
Species: Pinsir
Appearance: Defarge is various shades of red, due to the songs that he was mixed with.
Personality: Defarge was fully combined with the song "Kerosene", but the scientist tending to Defarge at the time happened to be humming the song "Burn", and thus Pinsir has traces of that in his brain. Because of the song choices, he is very passionate about things, and tends to get angry easily.
Song: Kerosene - Miranda Lambert and a trace of Burn - Jo Dee Messina
Abilities: Because of "Kerosene", Defarge has become a Bug/Fire type. He can use any fire type move, and the damage of the moves are magnified when he is angry. Because of "Burn", Defarge has gained the ability to instantly burn people from a distance, without using fire type moves.
Other: Like the choice of Gunpowder and Lead on your character Zora ;)

Name: Nallina
Species: Toxicroak
Appearance: Nallina's skin is black, and her head has red markings on it. Her hands and feet are caked in mud. Nallina prefers to crouch and run, never lingering in one spot for too long.
Personality: Cool and distant, considers herself a weakness to any group. Has a bit of an inferiority complex due to her..."seizures" (see below).
Song: Perfect Insanity-Disturbed
Abilities: Can use Confuse Ray, Teeter Dance, Psychic, Dark Pulse, and the Ghost-type Curse. Nallina can get premonitions of the future, at the cost of large amounts of pain. Basically, think of it as an extreme seizure.
Other: This RP is so incredibly creepy. AWESOME!:grin::sweatdrop:

Name: Star
Species: Breloom
Appearance: After being morphed with music, the green colors on Star's body became a strange blue that's almost neon. His claws and the berry on his also turned to a bright yellow.
Personality: Because he was morphed with rock music, Star is usually bright and cheerful, and can be hyper at times. It's hard to get him down, and he has a happy-go-lucky sort of personality.
Song: Ride on Shooting Star - the Pillows
Abilities: Star can send out a burst of power in the shape of a star. Whatever he does with it is anyone's guess... Also, the berry on his cap glows in the dark, like a flashlight. It's bright enough to illuminate dark places, but not enough to hurt people's eyes. He can turn off the glow at will. Star can also use weak electric attacks including Spark, Charge, Discharge, and Thunderwave.
Other: Star did not remember his old name at all. He's not even sure if he had one. Therefore, he decided to call himself "Star" because of the song he was merged with.

Back
Top Bottom