• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Funny Moments at School

Just do what the title says, my funny moments aren't really that funny now, but they were funny at the time.

Homecoming King this year is a gay guy who dresses up like a girl

A guy was doing cartwheels while we were running our warm up mile in track.

This week was spirit week, on fictional charactor day, a guy was dressed up as peter pan, leotard and everything

There's a guy (who i swear is NOT gay) paints his finger nails pink

My math teacher last year said if he does the splits and the worm in class, this one girl had to bring cake for the that next monday. That was some good cake.

At this camp for school last year, we were throwing rocks in a fire. We found out sandstone explodes after that day, after a while we got scared something bad would happen when someone threw like 20-30 rocks, we ran away lol.

Thats all my somewhat funny things, hopefully you all have funnier things.

Sort of like one of yours, in cross country, at the end, where you're supposed to sprint, there was a girl doing cartwheels. XD

Going out the wrong door and almost falling, had two guys not caught me.

The principal saw the whole thing to boot. (I was okay, just a little shaken up.)

Someone in my class: Can I go to have dinner early? I'm going on a trip half way through lunch time.
Teacher: Where do you have to go?
Someone: To the canteen.

Friend: *finishes reading report on a boring poem*
Teacher: How does this poem make you feel?
Friend: It makes me want to go play World of Warcraft

Teacher: Everyone who has exceeded expectation on the module gets a Mars bar *hands them out to everyone*
Do NOT eat them in here.
Guy *eats it right under her nose and she doesn't notice* *takes the wrapper to the bin*
Teacher: Have you eaten it?
Guy No
Teacher: Then why do you have an empty wrapper?
Guy: B-beeeeecaaaaaaause...I took it out and put it in my lunchbox for later
*class laughs, including teacher*
Teacher: You can have a detention :)

Teacher: Ok, ok, it's hard so I'll explain it again for those of you who don't understand it.
Friend: Those people are stupid...oh...wait...DAMN!

Friend: And also on my team is a Lickilicky *recites moveset*
Other friend: So what does it do?
Friend It licks. A lot.
Me: ...Is it a boy or a girl??
Friend: Girl
Me: OH GOD! WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING TO MY LICKILICKY!? (I traded it to him a while back for something)
Friend: NOTHING I SWEAR!
Me: BUT THE MOVE LICK WAS NOWHERE IN THAT MOVESET! WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE LICKING?
Friend:...shit, I really led myself into that one...

Teacher: Since today is Friday, you can all have delicious cake if you work we-
Me: THE CAKE IS A LIE!
Friends: *snicker*
Teacher: ...what?

Guy: I want to be a doctor because if I could save just one life, it would make my meaning worthwhile
Clown: If you only save one life then that means all your other patients must have died because of your incompetence
Teacher: Now now, that's not true...
Obviously, he gets killed somehow after his first operation so he can't save anymore people

Teacher: Argh, there's no matches left...Anyone got a lighter?
Friend: I do! *tosses it to him*
Teacher: *lights the bunsen burner and tosses it back*

"Rule 1: No eating in my classroom
Rule 1a: Offer me some too"

Haha. xD

Humorous things seem to happen around me often. Lately, what with all the sports teams and spirit days, there have been some pretty ridiculous costumes. xD I'm serious. Among what I've seen are:

-A Hotdog
-A Cowgirl
-A Cow
-Batman
-The Flash
-"Veggie girl"

Also yesterday I saw someone walking through the hall, in a huge throng of people, and he was carrying a puppy. Yes. A puppy. It was cute and was causing quite a commotion, but suprisingly it didn't look afraid or anything.

Also, we have some pretty epic discussions at lunch. xD Our group is called the "frosh pit" (win) and we hang out with a group of sophomores and juniors usually. Um. But I can never remember them. D:

And, uh. At the dance last friday, two of my friends (who are boyfriend and girlfriend) were there, and we love to tease 'em. xD The boy was wearing this mardi gras necklace around his wrist (they were handed out in the beginning of the dance). Then my friend pointed something out:

Friend: Hey, that looks like the bracelets my brother's girlfriend gets him to commemorate every time... something special happens.
Guy: OH SNAP *flings bracelet away*

xD

Ah yes.

For our fundraiser, if we reach a certain goal, our principal has to eat dog food.

Our reading class is made up of bookworms, including our teacher. We get 10 minutes of free reading at the beginning of class every day.
Teacher: Oops, I accidentally set it for 15 minutes. Someday I'll learn how to turn this thing back.

In reading class last year, we had to make up a poem about how someone died. My person took an overdose of crack.

I once wrote a how-to essay on how to make a fake Pokemon for an assignment. And I got full credit :D

We watched a science video, and it mentioned how everything in your body was made of cells. We got a post-it note to write questions on.
Me: Are there booger cells?
Teacher: Yes, they're called goblets.

Plus we had to watch a video on puberty.
Me: You know, that really makes me wonder why it's called a sperm whale...

And yesterday in language arts we had to read a book for guys.
One of the authors drew a monster at the end of his story.
With a very hairy penis xD

How can I say that... My school is full of "otakus"(crazy anime fans). Really. And I have a "otaku" physics teacher too. She even owns a perfect replica of Edward Elric's(from Full Metal Alchemist) watch. Go figure.

Someday, said teacher walks into class, and says "Who didn't do the homework?". Almost everybody raised their hands. Suddenly, the teacher gets a black notebook out of her purse. In this black notebook, there were the words "Death Note". She opened the notebook slowly and looked at everybody. We just couldn't believe our physics teacher actually watched anime and even owned a Death Note. Then she said "Names, please?" while smiling and holding a pen. Everybody freaked out or started to laugh, and we started making jokes, and all. It was very.. weird, and funny.

Once, chemistry teacher asked "What's 'ether'"? Then a friend of mine raised his hand and said "A item that recovers MP". Of course, we all started laughing. Too bad the teacher didn't get the joke at all.

Believe it or not, all of this is true. And I haven't even said anything about our halloween parties...

Oh, I forgot mentioning something. Some other day, this usual troublemaker, which all teachers hate. He tends to make fun of our Math teacher all the time. Well, he somehow got one of those order papers from MC Donalds, not sure if the US Mc Donalds restaurants also have such papers for the orders. So, he walked around the class and was asking everyone what their requests were, just like those ladies on the restaurants. He couldn't avoid an opportunity to disturb the teacher, and asked her what her order was. She replied: "I want you to leave". Then he said: "Do you want fries with that?". This same guy, once, when the same teacher said she would want to talk to his parents, he replied: "You can't, teacher.". Then she asked "Why not?". "I've been raised by wolves. Rawr.". It may not seem funny told like this, but if you guys could see the teacher's face, you'd understand why we all laughed. There are many, many funny stuff at my school..

Last edited:
This one trouble maker in language arts was sitting there and the teacher goes on and on about how he might be a little bit grumpy because he didn't have his morning coffee, and then trouble maker yells (very loudly, might I add), "Then how 'come I saw a McCafe on your desk?"

Our reading class is made up of bookworms, including our teacher. We get 10 minutes of free reading at the beginning of class every day.
Teacher: Oops, I accidentally set it for 15 minutes. Someday I'll learn how to turn this thing back.

In reading class last year, we had to make up a poem about how someone died. My person took an overdose of crack.

a. What the hell is 'reading' class; are you stuck with people incapable of reading or have they decided that you are incapable of taking English (lit.)?
b. Why is the second point funny? (actually, I don't see what's funny about most of your points but maybe I just lack a sense of humour)

Ah yes.

In FACS (most call it Home Economics) you get extra credit if:
You write in purple ink
You wear purple to school
You draw Mr. Potato Head on your paper

EDIT:

a. Reading class is a class, a lot like writing, except you need to read and draw conclusions and stuff instead of write. It's on the CSAPs.
b. You lack a sense of humor, probably.

At one point, a kid in my AP US History class had promised to bring in a big cake shaped like the Constitution for Constitution Day. Said day rolls around, and there is no cake. When everyone actually remembered that that say was Constitution day, everyone in the lecture hall got on her about it. Then all of a sudden I hear the kid next to me go "THE CAKE WAS A LIE?!" and I start laughing. He seemed a bit surprised that I got it. xD

Funny moments? Oh I have a ton of them.

This one, you see, yesterday me, two other girls and one of the teachers had gone out to the McDonalds down the road because we'd been good all week. So we got back into the car, and were pulling out of the parking lot, and it went like this:

*coke spills all over friend's lap*
Friend: Fuck I got coke on my pants!
Teacher: ...You have coke vag?
Me: ...xDDDD

But that is the sequel to this incident:

Me: Um... jiL? Why are you covered in pop?
jiL (Friend): *goes on telling story about something that had happened that I wasn't there for*
Evan: Maaan she got Dr. Pepper in my penis D:<
jiL: Quit bitching about it!
Me: Well you have to admit. Dr. Pepper penis can't be all that comfortable.
jiL: It ain't exactly pleasant having Dr. Pepper vag either.
Maureen (teacher): *singing* Dr. Pepper vaaaag~

But seriously, my teachers are the cause of most of the weirdness in my class this year. For example, during the summer. We were having a normal work day, and had the radio on. And then...

*the song "It's Raining Men" comes on the radio*
Sue (other teacher): *stands up, has peach in hand*
Maureen: *stands up*
Both: *starts dancing around the room*
Sue: *starts waving the peach in our faces*
Maureen: *is putting her leg up on things*
Me: *looks up* o.o
jiL: *looks up* o.o

Or this one day at lunch:

Class: *in line*
*dining hall (cafeteria) has techno music playing*
Lunch ladies: *spontaneously start dancing to the techno music*

And finally:

Me: *is working and drowning everything out with iPod*
Maureen: *pulls in a TV and VCR, sets up*
Me: *still not noticing*
Sue: *pulls a tape out of the shelf, puts into VCR*
Me: *still unaware*
Everyone else: *stands up, gathers around the TV*
Me: *you know this*
*Sweating to the Oldies comes on the TV*
Everyone: *exercise video tiem*
Me: *looks up* Hey Sue- *sees* O.O

...My classroom is fabulous 8]

a. Reading class is a class, a lot like writing, except you need to read and draw conclusions and stuff instead of write. It's on the CSAPs.
b. You lack a sense of humor, probably.

Never heard of 'writing' class either (also you made me look up CSAP screw you :( )--English (and possibly English lit.) seem more logical, but whatever.

eta: I know it's a class; that's why I asked what reading class was :(

(translated from Welsh)

Maths Teacher: If you want to do Maths at Oxford or Cambridge you have to do double Maths as an A Level.
Boy #1: Did you go to Oxford or Cambridge?
Teacher: *hesitates* Birmingham
Everyone: *laughs hysterically*
Boy #1: But you don't have to do double Maths to do it any other Universities?
Teacher: For the most part, no you don't
Boy #2: Cardiff
Everyone: *laughs hysterically*

Maths Teacher: Those of you who went to the open day at Oxford, did anyone see the Maths department?
*nobody puts their hands up*
Teacher: What about the physics department?
*I put my hand up*
*Everyone claps*
Teacher: Stop this now, I've had a complaint from next door about the clapping.
*door opens*
Person who comes through door: Is (My name here) here?
Gives me a book
Person: You left this in Chemistry
*everyone claps"
Teacher: I'm going to start giving detention to the people who start it.
Everyone: Yeah, Sam! (Sam's the person who usually starts the clapping)
Teacher: Sam, I don't want you to take Maths as an A-Level
Everyone: Oooooooooooooh!

Maths Teacher: Can anyone tell me what a polygon is?... ...And it's not a parrot that's missing!
Three people who got the joke: Ha... ...ha
Everyone else: Huh? What?... ...Ohhhhhhhhh! Ha... ha...

You had to be there to find them funny.

Eh, my stuff ain't that good, but here goes...

(translated from Norwegian)
- Some kids in my class were playing with the class volleyball before a lesson, and the teacher came in and said: "Put your balls back." We had a good laugh as that was intrepreted(right spelling?) pretty wrong...

On a class trip...
- Kid in my class: I'll call a friend.(I don't remember what this was about but...)
- Teacher: There's nothing called that here.
- Kid in class: Then I'll call an enemy.

- Teacher: You're going on a class trip, it's in blah blah blah, blah blah blah o' clock on blah blah blah...
- Kid in class: Where is it?

Last edited:
Well, where to begin:

1.5 years ago: I was in year 9, and I was hanging around in a corridor with some friends of mine, and a year 7 was there as well. I fell backwards (reason I forgot) and tried to grab the door handle behind me. I accidentally grabbed the year 7's trousers and pulled them down to his ankles. He was screaming 'WTF', my friends were laughing loudly, and I just ran.

Half a year ago: There was a pidgeon nestled inside English block, above the entrance. Some stupid year 8 threw a stick at it, and the pidgeon went insane and flew up and down the stairway. People were screaming, but I was laughing. One kid came out of the class asking why everyone was screaming, and the pidgeon flew right over his head.

Well, in year 8, I was in Science doing some experiment or another when I reached over to get some form of chemical I needed, put my arm too close to a Bunsen flame and melted part of my blazer.

Never heard of 'writing' class either (also you made me look up CSAP screw you :( )--English (and possibly English lit.) seem more logical, but whatever.

eta: I know it's a class; that's why I asked what reading class was :(

We actually call writing language arts here.

I've never ever heard of a school that doesn't have reading and/or writing/language arts as a subject.

Unless you count Africa.

Back
Top Bottom