• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Keyboard Mod

Zeph

from up here the sky is my thoughts
Pronoun
he
I guess this is the right place.

Does anyone know where I could get a keyboard mod (I think that's what they're called; please forgive/correct me if I'm wrong)? More specifically, a Greek one? I need something that allows me to freely type the language without having to do Insert Symbol on Word and copy/pasting that into everything else (For that matter, Word's Insert Symbol doesn't allow emphasised vowels, umlaut vowels or final sigma).

Please, no 'clever' comments on how I could use Google, because I've already looked.

Thanks for any help that anyone gives. Or something.

Μιλάω ελληνικά;

'Tworks! thanks. I guess I didn't look hard enough.

Many thankyous.

You press Semicolon before the vowel.

Did you just translate that? Or do you... actually know the language?

I know the language (or parts of it)

Γέια σας, με λένε ἀρρι. τί κανέτε?
-Πολύ καλα

WHY DID I NOT HEAR OF THIS BEFORE?

*Zooms to LI's profile*

That wasn't the intended meaning or implication. Just, y'know, I don't know anyone that speaks the language.

These threads make me sad. I always feel jealous that I don't know any languages other than English apart from 'angry Jess tiem'.

By the way, Lorem, how did you get the different accent above the ἀ?

These threads make me sad. I always feel jealous that I don't know any languages other than English apart from 'angry Jess tiem'.
Self-teaching a language similar to English probably wouldn't be too hard. I'm sure there are tons of resources for people learning Germanic languages, or Spanish/Japanese/etc. if you're into that.

Castform, there are two accents, the road and the stress. To get the road (which makes you breathe an 'h' sound), just do an apostrophe before the letter: ἀ. To get a stress, do a semicolon: ά.

I knew what Road did, but thanks anyway. I just didn't know what it was called.

Doesn't seem to work for me...

'α 'ε 'η 'ι 'ο 'υ 'ω

No accents D:

ἀ ἐ ἠ ἰ ὀ ὐ ὠ

Make sure that when you turned Greek on, the first dropdown read 'Greek', and the second read 'Greek Polytonic'.

Back
Top Bottom