• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Southern Rock

Ether's Bane

future Singaporean
Pronoun
he
Because I'm a redneck. So, any southern rock fans here? My favorite southern rock band probably would be The Outlaws (Green Grass and High Tides is <3333333), but I also like Lynyrd Skynyrd and Molly Hatchet. So yeah, anyone else?

does southern rock mean like stoner rock or is it rock from the south? and where is this south?

is it like rock from antarctica?

what exactly does this genre entail

i can google you fucko

the point is that southern rock is a very nondescriptive genre moniker

it's like viking metal, it gives you no clue as to what the music sounds like.

music from the south, what does that sound like? yeah it's from the south but that can still mean anything considering it's south from where.

so i guess he means like country or classic rock or a local rock scene or whatever but it still makes no FUCKEN SENSE

Hmm. Fucko? That's a new one.

"Country" and "classic rock" are also quite lacking in actual description. That's the point of labels - they are condensed, stylistic classifications. The meaning is not in the labels themselves; rather, it is in what they represent. Obviously someone who can't take the time to look it up will have no idea what it means.

Edit: Ah, Altmer. Sorry. Didn't realize it was you. How's not caring about the forums treating you?

Last edited:
her music is not southern rock in the same sense as lynyrd skynyrd, but i think cat power's music is evocative of the south. (she also covered ramblin' man on her latest album.)

Back
Top Bottom