• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

EarthBound/MOTHER Club

Shiny Grimer

Pronoun
she/her, they/them
Fuzzy picklers, unite~
If you like or have any interest in the EarthBound/MOTHER series, post here. It's a shame that few people know this series; it's wonderfully off-beat and definitely has a unique series. I've played EarthBound and Mother 3. I haven't completed the latter, but both these games have been jewels in a sea of shovelware. Now that I have a NES, I can order Earth Bound 0 from NES Reproductions.

If you want to get into this series, here's some stuff you could do:
1. Playing the games is the best way to determine if you like them. You could play the games either on the original consoles, or use an emulator.
2. If you can't play these games, try watching a video playthrough. Mother 3 is in Japanese, though.
3. Look at the work of EarthBound fans. Starmen.net, although I find it annoying, has collectively done a LOT of work for this series. They've done petitions for Mother 1 on the gameboy, EarthBound on the VC, and Mother 3 to be translated. Sadly, none of these petitions have worked. They are still doing what they call the EarthBound siege, but it seems that they'll be slowing down on it when the fan translation for Mother 3 is complete.

So, how many EarthBound/MOTHER fans are there?
There's
1. ...
2. Walker
3. Ambipom
4. IcySapphire
5. Alxprit
6. RainbowRayquaza
7. Rulue

The Mother 3 translation has been released~ GO play it now, peoples.

Last edited:
It could only cost you your life, and you got that for free. ;)

(in)

There was a club like this before, but it died.

Anyway, joining! MOTHER is one of my favorite series and always will be.

Take a melody,
Simple as can be
Give it some words, and
Sweet harmony
Raise your voices!
All day long now, love grows strong now
Sing a melody of
Love, oh love...

Count me in!

Joooooiiiiiiinnnn.
I finished Earthbound quite recently and it is EPIC. It's fun to ramble about it to my friends at school.
Also...
Mother 3 translation is out this week! *dies*

According to the translation project site, there isn't a certain date, but it is this week! Yaaaaay!

Oh, count me in too. I have played Mother/Earthbound Zero and Mother 2/Earthbound, and loved those games. Randomness amuses me. I've been waiting for that translation in order to play Mother 3 :)

I just remembered now, I own a poster with all the bosses in Earthbound, which come with a local magazine @__@''

Haha, I'd provide it if only it were allowed.

But I have played the translation, and it is pretty good.

Yikes! Where have all the Earthbound fans gone? D<

So, tell me: is the translation good? I haven't gotten a chance to play it, but it looks amazing. Tomato and the team really put a lot of effort into it. :3

I finished it on Sunday and cried at the ending like a lot of other people. It's definitely the best game I've ever played, but I've not played that many games so I guess that's not saying much.
One of my friends particularly enjoyed hearing me rambling about it, so I'm playing it again and writing down a very long ramble in a pink notebook as I go.

Great, great game. Especially the suprise if you complete your battle memory and get a gold star.

Last edited:
Joining because Mother is the best series to grace the earth.

Mother 3 is great, but it will never fill the place where Earthbound stays in my heart. <3

In.

I need to change my avatar to something Mother 3 related; I've been playing it since I found out about the demo and I'm already on Chapter 7, Mixolydia's needle. I'm afraid that I may have lost part of my save file, though. D: I haven't checked-- been too busy doing NaNo.

*crosses fingers* I hopehopehope it wasn't erased... It didn't erase completely, just partially, which was rather odd but oh well.

ABCDEF

IT WAS

CRAP

...I'll try to recover it though...

SHOOT

I JUST MADE IT WORSE

<< I don't think I'll ever complete it at this rate... I'll have to download a savestate or something, or watch the rest of the game on YouTube. But I want to play it, not watch it, so where do I find/how do I load a savestate?

Last edited:
The translation is awesome. I got to Saturn Valley, got my save erased, and just mustered up the courage to do it all again. So now I just got out of jail with Flint. :(

Back
Top Bottom