• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Halloween Contest 2008

Icalasari

YAY! NEW AVATAR! :D
Yes, I am holding a Halloween contest. Got permission from Negrek to run this, so...

Welcome to the 2008 Halloween Contest! Here, the point is to have the creepiest display

Here is the breakdown of the contest:

-There will be 16 participants
-Entry is $5, and all entry money goes to funding the prize
-The prizes are:
--$40 and the Halloween Ribbon
HalloweenRibbon.png
for First Place (If I manage to get the Ribbon Store, then the Halloween Ribbon will also have special properties, or you would get a $25 gift card and a normal Halloween Ribbon)
--$24 for Second Place
--$16 for Third Place
--1 Exp point for every round a Pokemon participates in

The first two rounds are appeals, the last two are battles. I will be reffing the battles myself, unless I am too busy, in which case I will find somebody to take my place

Now, join up and make the creepiest appeal!

Properties of Ribbon:

Halloween Ribbon
Class: S
Effect: Any fear-based attacks (Scary Face, Glare, Nightmare, Night Shade, etc.) do 2% more damage, at the cost of 1% more energy. Also, it looks pretty snazzy!

Rules for first round:

-You may use any Pokemon, any stage
-You are given points based on scariness, creepiness, etc. So, a Jigglypuff using Rest won't get you anything. A Jigglypuff carving, "I aM goING to KILL YOU!" into the wall while her eyes are twitching and she is gnawing on a hand, on the other hand, may just get you some decent points. In short, the more it matches the feel of Halloween, the better

The First Appeal Stage:

Arena: The Abandoned Carnival

With a creepy, blood red moon shining up above, and dark grey clouds, this place takes on a creepy feel. The ferris wheel is old and decrepit, and could break at any moment. The cotton candy stand has cobwebs all over it, and a layer of dust so thick that one can't even read the sign. The rollercoaster is rickety, and the cars on it look rusted out. The merry-go-round is twisted and has old metal Ponyta on it, with bizarre grins that would give even a full grown man nightmares. The lake is green with algae, and the trees are dead and gnarled. Weeds grow all over the place, and the Haunted House is blocked off by the spectators, so you won't be able to include it in your appeal

Entrants:

Byrus
Full Metal Cookies
Animorph
Blastoise428

Grass King
Shadowstar
Turbler
rock-ground

Shining Eevee
shadow_lugia
greategret
MurrMurr

Empoleon
moon-panther
Ruieko
Negrek

Funds: $80

Last edited:
So, this works just like a normal contest, with using moves and all that, but creepy? o.o if that's the case, I'm in, just let me get my fee... *rummages in pockets*

I'm guessing this is just like a regular contest in that we can jump in with our appeals?

If so, here's my bank link. I'll start with Yami, my female Houndour with the flash fire ability.

Okay, begin by shrouding yourself in a thick cloud of smog so the crowd can't see you. Next, give me a loud, eerie howl. Finally, wait a few moments for the last bit, to build the tension, then leap out from the smoke with a crunch. I know you're no Cujo, but try and make yourself as vicious looking as possible, looking furious and rabid as you snap your jaws shut.

Smog ~ Howl ~ Crunch

Guh, despite being a big horror buff i can't seem to think of anything that would tie in directly with a kickass movie or book. Oh well, i'm looking forward to seeing the other appeals too.

EDIT- Also, profile link, in case it's needed.

Last edited:
Yes, it works just like a normal contest, except the limitation in this one is going for creepy, scary, shocking, etc. appeals

^^ That one thing walker did in the other contest with Puncture is an example of something that would get you some points

ok, awesome. :3 here we go

*extracts money from pocket* here we go!

I'll use... hm. I know! My male Togekiss with Serene Grace, L'Arc~En~Ceil!

Don't let his looks fool you, he's very scary >D Just ask anyone he's battled.

Start out on top of the Merry-Go-Round, just hover above the middle of the top, smiling as widely as you can. Try not to look happy, more... Maniacal. Then let's have a Nasty Plot, being very obvious about what you're doing - laugh darkly, rub your.. little... feet... things together, and be all-round freaky. Then combine an Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball, just let the shadow ball leak off, surrounding you in darkness, and fire the Aura Sphere out into the sky. Finish things with a loud cackle and return to your ball in a flash of red light~

Nasty Plot ~ Shadow Ball + Aura Sphere

Last edited:
How do you have two battle rounds, exactly? Does that mean the last two people will be battling twice, or that you're going to have multiple battles going on in this thread at the same time, or...?

Here is the break down:

16 contestants

8 move on to appeal two

4 move on to semi finals (battle round one ; Two different stages for this)

2 move on to finals (battle round two)

I think I will have the battles at different times

And are these each the full five-round battles, or just wait and see who's winning after one round, or what?

And are these each the full five-round battles, or just wait and see who's winning after one round, or what?

Figured it was like a normal battle, with the contest stats thrown into the calculations that had to be made, but knowing I can stop after a set number of rounds is much better X3

I haven't decided that yet, having never known about that, so I will need to think about that ^^

What the heck, I'll join in. My Bank Link and My Profile Link

I'll send in my Male Ralts, Lucius.

Now, Lucius, I want you to take your place on as high of a structure as you can. Now, start off with Lucky chant, but I need you to make it sound as evil and hissy and creepy as possible. Now, I want you to use Confuse Ray, and send a couple of balls of light dancing eerilly around the fairgrounds. Try and get them as close to as many reflective things as possible, and make them dance through the night. Keep on chanting, though. Finally, Finish it up by bringing all of the Confuse Ray orbs Circle you, and use psychic to draw any loose debris to circle you as well, and try to make the wind howl a little with your psychic as well...before you drop everything and pretend to faint.

...Here goes nothing. *Crosses fingers*

*Bandwagons*
Certification

Go, Napol, my Male Abra with Inner Focus.

I'm going to send you out onto the rollercoaster. Use a bloody red (if possible) Flash around yourself and Teleport directly in front of the audience. Then Taunt the people in a creepy telikinetic voice and return to your Pokeball, letting your voice die away slowly.

Flash+Teleport~Taunt
(Great Ribbon! I hope I win it!)

O.o You would think Houndour could learn Smokescreen...

Anyways, as it isn't affecting anybody else's appeals, and I haven't begun the writeups yet (except for Full Metal Cookies'... That appeal was too awesome to just wait ^^), I will say you can if nobody has any objections, as they are similar moves, would have a similar effect, etc. to the point where if Houndour could learn Smokescreen, then it wouldn't matter which you used

Okay, thanks. I edited.

Who are the judges by the way?

Last edited:
Bank

I'll send out, Tadpole, my Female Poliwag.

Tadpole, I'm going to send you out into the top carrige on the Ferris Wheel.

Okay Tadpole, start off by using Mist for you to hide in. Then use Icy Wind to lower the temperature. Finally have an Ice Ball land right in front of the audience.

Mist (Hide in) ~ Icy Wind (Make area cold) ~ Ice Ball (In front of audience)

Last edited:
ENTERAGE!=D?
Bank

Go, Moonshine!

Okay, I want you to use Quick attack at the cotton candy stand to pick up tons of cob webs – and I mean LOTS – be sure to stir the dust. Use bite aat the cobwebs to make a hole for your mouth for creepiness(yeah you're sopposed to be a mummy of some sort) then run around screaming as if bloody mary herself were after you.

Quick attack to pick up cobwebs and stir dust~Bite~run around whole amusment park screaming as if bloody mary were after you.

Byrus: The judges are me as the Head Judge (so I write up how your appeals worked so let those bribes come in! XD *shot*), and Echo and o_O are the other two judges, because I can rely on them

...Well, I can threaten Echo with Ritalin, at least X3

Must... join... 8D

Bank account is approved
Fee

I shall use Spectre, my male Spiritomb, 0 experience, no item, and Pressure ability.

So, Spectre, you look creepy enough, with your crooked, evil grin and single spiral pupil. And you're a Ghost/Dark type, which always helps.
Once you enter and the audience is watching, I want you to make a weird, wailing, screeching noise (even though you can't learn Screech, but you should still be able to make noises) and use an Ominous Wind; try to make it all purple and stuff like the DP animation. Finish that up, and immediately after, use a Dark Pulse, and try to also make that visible (oh yeah, stop shreiking when you end the Ominous Wind). Then finish it up with a Psychic, making things zoom around you (as in in a really quick tornado-like movement, swirling around and around, getting faster and faster, but not too narrow with some nice space in between objects, so the spectators can see you). Easy things like dead leaves would be nice, try to even add something big in, like one of the roller coaster carts or Ponyta from the merry-go-round (just one, as to not strain yourself, and if you can't manage it, try to atleast make the trees shake).
EDIT: Oh wait, almost forgot key ingredient to last action. Make sure you cackle evilly.

Screaming noise+Ominous Wind~Dark Pulse (Immediately, to catch last shreds of Ominous Wind)~Psychic (make a whirlwind around yourself)+Epic evil laugh

Last edited:
Entrance Fee

Entering Ema:
Ralts
[Ema] Ralts (Female)
Ability: Synchronize
Held Item: None
Evolution: 0/3, 0/4
Approval

First off, use Grudge and shroud yourself in Dark energy. Then use Shadow Sneak. In the middle of it, I want you to stay hidden for a few seconds. Then, I want you to leap out of hiding while using Will-o-wisp to surround yourself with swirling blue flames.

Grudge ~ Shadow Sneak ~ Will-o-wisp

shadowlugia, that edit won't be taken. I only allowed Byrus to edit due to the fact that Smokescreen and Smog would have the same effect, and considering Houndour's typing and everything, it would be easy to get it mixed up

Back
Top Bottom