• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The City of Ember

EmeraldLeafBlade

Pokemon Lover
I LOVE The City of Ember. Has anyone else here read it/seen the movie? I loved both the book and movie, although I liked the book more (of course). I also read The People of Sparks, but I can't find the third one anywhere.

I love that book! I still need to see the movie and read the sequals, though. >.>
What are the names for both sequals?

The first sequel is called The People of Sparks. The prequel is The Prophet of Yonwood, and the second sequel and the fourth and final book is called The Diamond of Darkhold. Not sure if it's out yet, I just learned about it on Wikipedia.

Holy shit there's a movie now? Is it good?

The first sequel is called The People of Sparks. The prequel is The Prophet of Yonwood, and the second sequel and the fourth and final book is called The Diamond of Darkhold. Not sure if it's out yet, I just learned about it on Wikipedia.

Holy shit there's a movie now? Is it good?
There's three sequels? I thought there were two. I can't wait to read them. :D The People of Sparks was good.

Yep, it came out on the 10th. I thought it was awesome. Lina and Doon were a bit too old, though (they certainly weren't 12 in the movie...).

I enjoyed the book but I haven't got the stomach to see the film yet. I hate seeing films of books I've read, I always have way too high expectations...

Same. I always think it's going to be as amazing as the book but it never is.

I've read all of the books except for the Diamond of Darkhold (It is out). I want to see the movie, and I'm hoping they won't entirely ruin it. Unfortunately, the movie isn't playing anywhere near where I live.

EmeraldLeafBlade said:
Lina and Doon were a bit too old, though (they certainly weren't 12 in the movie...)

Saiorse Ronan (Lina) is about fourteen, which isn't that bad...

But Harry Treadaway (Doon) is 24, which I find mildly odd that he is playing a character half his age. O_O

Saiorse Ronan (Lina) is about fourteen, which isn't that bad...

But Harry Treadaway (Doon) is 24, which I find mildly odd that he is playing a character half his age. O_O
Yeah, Lina wasn't too bad age wise... but Doon... 24? O-o They should have at least made him act a little younger...

I'm sort of dreading it; most fantasy films are badly interpreted save the Harry Potter series and A Series of Unfortunate Events.

Back
Top Bottom