• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Spirits return...

Black Yoshi

look at that PUNGENT KILLSTICK.
"After all the years of peace we've had... It's finally happened. You know full well what I am speaking of. Spirits of Pokemon long dead are coming back, claiming bodies, causing fights, and destroying lives. It has long been foretold that this would happen in the previously believed false prophecies. My family has, for generations, kept in touch with your's. We have been preparing for this for years. But now, we are old. We must entrust this task to our closest descendants. I am counting on you to tell your families yourselves. I bid you all a final, and fond, farewell."

The old Lucario walked away, leaning on a stick, leaving his old friends behind for, unfortunatly, the last time. But he had to tell his Grandson, just as the others had to tell their children or grandchildren. "This task... It seems impossible... Discover the source, then destroy it! How will they end up doing it? Oh, dear..."

Keep in mind that these are no ordinary ghost type Pokemon. They can be affected by all types of Pokemon, they just sustain less damage when hit by Fighting moves, etc. And they have the appearance of a Shadow Ball, with a wide, gaping mouth, and glowing red eyes. When they inhabit a Pokemon, they have red, glowing eyes and put Fredfredburger in your post to prove you read this and the rules.

Rules:

-No godmodding
-NO, and I mean, NO Chatspeaking.
-If you can't think of a past, put that you need to think on it a little more in your form, and I'll reserve your spot.
-Nobody is all powerful. I'm expecting to see some weak points in certain points in time.
-Don't use specially colored words like this, or this, or this! It's annoying when you do.
-Finally, have fun, or I'll hunt you down, and hit you with a Lousville Slugger.

Current Objective: Get to Mt. Moon and solve the riddle concerning a spire, sorrounding the spirits.

Your form:

Name:(Duh)
Species:(If you want to be something like a Porygon, you can simply be from the same lab as the old, outdated one)
Personality:(Duh again)
Biography:(Example: Yadayadayada but he/she doesn't remember any of it. Or 'Yadayadada He/she doesn't like to talk about it', or 'I can't think of it yet', in which case, you edit it later, and notify me.)
Details:(On appearance)
Other:(Did you read everything? Hm????)

My form:

Name: Xhan
Species:Lucario
Personality:He's unsure of his skills as a leader, and himself in general. The rest is played out.
Biography:Xhan had an easy life. He would stay outside, climbing trees and rocks in the summer, and he stayed inside in the winter. He lived in a cave, but he had soft pine boughs to sleep on, and his parents had a couple of fire-type friends who lived deeper in the cave. So they usually had a nice fire. But that's how everbody else saw it. He saw it as three pokemon, a Machoke, a Sabelye, and an Ivysaur, always taunting him, pushing him. This is how he ended up being so unsure of himself. He on day recieved a scar from falling off a boulder. Actually he was pushed off...
Details: Xhan appears perfectly normal, except that his fur covers a scar running from his right ear to the right corner of his mouth, and his loose-fitting black scarf. The scar seems to add a slight pinkishness to the fur covering his fur.
Other: I shouldn't need to put anything here.:p I made this RPG.

Members:

-Black Yoshi 99/Xhan/Lucario
-Chaostres/Moon/Umbreon
-Nimler/Derish/Houndour
-Darksong/Firebird/Zubat
-Cryptica/Vanish/Dusclops
-Mewtwo/Erican/Pikachu(Two?)
-Blastoise428/Mark/Bulbasaur
-Moon-Panther/Halan/Lucario
-Full Metal Cookies/Edward/Persian
-Eon Spirit/Zelx/Zangoose

Last edited:
Name: Moon
Species: UMBREON
Personality: Calm and quiet, very brave and impatient
Biography: When Moon was young, he used to belong to a clan of UMBREON, and he was the leader's only son. His grandfather told him stories that his father(who was never told) said it was nonsense and to forget it. Moon was separated from the clan when they were fleeing from an attack, and his father died of illness shortly after. Moon does not know anything of it.
Details: A normal UMBREON, but the ring on his left ear is replaced with an emblem of a crescent moon. This is where his name came from.
Other: Yesh I read everything. His weakness is the center of the ring on his forehead. Fredfredburger

Last edited:
You better not reject me brother!
Name:Derish
Species:Houndour age 4 (28)
Personality:Derish is a shady character who is difficult to guess and predict. He tends to disapear while talking to him if you look away.
Biography:His parents were murdered when he was only 12. (dog years) He became blind as result of being mauled by a Ursaring when he was 16. He had a family that was killed in a stampede. He does cry now and then whenever he remembers his daughter.
Details: His eyes are disformed from the mauling. In otherwords scar tissue on his eyes.
Other:Fredfredburger

Both accepted. Chaostres, you were supposed to put Fredfredburger in your post, but you're an exception. I feel nice at the moment! :3 By the way, UMBREON are so cool.

I know, they are! I could make a five paragraph essay on how awesome they are! Something I can't normally do. Yeah, I'm an UMBREON fanatic.
(btw, I didn't see the fredfredburger part in the actual topic. I was just too lazy to look back at the idea thread)

Name: Firebird
Species: Zubat
Personality: Playful and a bit childish, Firebird enjoys competitions, especially about speed. She tends to be a bit naive sometimes. With newcomers, she's especially welcoming, and almost always wonders whether she's being too nice.
Biography: She was born in a pyramid in the middle of a jungle, where her grandfather once lived. However, now, she lives in a gouging cave on a cliff side that faces a tropical forest with a few others. At one point, her closest friend, Suvartto, was captured, but she failed to get him back. She usually doesn't mention this when explaining her past.
Details: The skin between her fingers is orange in color.
Other: What do you mean Fred Fredburger failed his geology test?

Name: Vanish
Species: Dusclops
Personality: Vanish remains calm through thick and thin, in other words is not easily aroused. He holds grudges easily, though, and becomes vengeful when there's one on his shoulders. Normally, he's polite and friendly.
Biography: Vanish was born a Duskull in Victory Road, Hoenn. He was found to be able to frighten others more easily than normal, and thus was shunned by his "friends," for they feared of being startled. After evolving, he learned of the ghosts and seeked to destroy them.
Details: Nothing out of the ordinary: just your average gray mound with a white thing sticking out of his head. He has one big, red eye, white hands and stubby legs with barely any feet.
Other: WTF (What the Fredfredburger) is Fredfredburger?

Last edited:
Um.... Wow.... All accepted. We can start now. Other people who want to join, you just won't have been told by the old person you know really well/grandparent/parent. :3 Fwee. Oh and Frefredburger is a wierd green elaphant in the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. "Um, I have to make a poopoo!" Is what he says a lot.:3
---
At first, Xhan had been overjoyed to hear that his grandpa was visiting. His exprseeion hardened when he saw his grandpa's face. It saddened when he was told what he had to do. "Also, I want you to take my place as the leader. I've told my friends, and they all agree. They think that my 'skills' may run in the family. Do you understand?" He asked sternly.

Xhan looked at his parents for a moment, and thought, This could be the last time I see them... His eyes began to burn. Realizing this, he wiped his eyes, then nodded, his throat feeling tight. "Y-Yes sir...."

"Good. Now, My friends have agreed that you shall meet with the others at Lavender Town. That seems the best place to begin your search for the source of our predicament." He clapped Xhan on the shoulder. "Since we're here on Iron Island, I've arranged a Mantine to come and get you. You'll ride at full speed, and then trek over a small, mountanous area until you reach Lavender Town. Hide behind the tower until the others arrive. Good luck, Xhan. I believe in you."

"Yeah, well, I hope you're wanting the world to end... I can't lead water in my mouth if my life depends on it." Xhan muttered glumly. He waved to his parents, with a handfull of berries in his fist, as he walked away.

"And that's what you must do," said the ghost.

A light grey spirit was standing on the other end of the cave in the cave, nodding at the bigger, black ghost. "I will."

And with that, it vanished.

Okay...

----

Firebird flitted her wings sharply, then slowed them as she lit from the roof of Rock Tunnel. The first thing she would do was find a Caterpie or the like to eat. With echolocation, she found one crawling in the grass just outside the tunnel. Perfect, she thought as she dove down on the unsuspecting larva. At once, the meaty taste filled her mouth, and instinctively, she snapped her fangs shut. The body of the Bug-type slid down her throat, and surprisingly, it was enough to fill her, so she flew back towards her cave, where her grandfather was waiting.

"Goth," she said to him.

The Crobat flapped his wings, but did not come off his roost. "Go to Lavender Town tomorrow night, at sundown, maybe. But if you can, do it in the daylight. There are others you must see, but they are diurnal. Do the best you can to do it in the light."

Firebird just stared at her grandfather, upside down. She didn't understand. Finally, the words processed in her brain, and she nodded. "Why?"

"It should be enough information. You'll find out the rest as you arrive." With that, he flew off into the darkness and turned right, heading deeper into Rock Tunnel.

Firebird still hung there. She was reluctant to, but she knew that she would make Goth proud if she did what he said. So, the Zubat had no choice but to follow his instructions. She was just lucky that she lived on the Lavender side of Rock Tunnel, or she would have to ask her father to fly her there. That would be embarrassing. But for now, she would just have to get the rest she needed.

Derish sat on a rock peacefuly. He heard a twig snap. He turned to face the approacher when he realized it was his grandfather.
"What are you doing here?!" Derish growled.
"Derish remember when i told about the coming?"
Derish's face lighted."Yes." he said
His grandfather said in a tone of urgency, "Its starting. My friends and I have agreed that you and several others will meet in Lavender town. Your to take orders from a Lucario. When you get there hide behind the towers until the others arrive. I'm counting on you to make sure NOBODY dies."
Derish nodded. He turned south and started to make his way from near New Bark town to a small boat that constantly crossed from New Bark to Fushia.

Name: Erican
Species: Pikachu(two)!
Personality: Umm...PO?
Biography: Erican is a Pikatwo (cloned Pikachu). His friends never knew until it slipped out of him. He broke his tail somehow, he suspects the other Pokemon did it...
Details: Has Pikatwo ears, and his tail is cracked. I'm working on a sprite.
Other: Fredfredburger Yesh!

Accepted. You can just be a 'descendant' since we're so early on.:3
---
Xhan looked up from the Mantine's back. He could see land rapidly coming closer. Unable to take it anymore, he jumped off the Mantine's back, and began to swim to shore. The Mantine stopped and silently turned, going beneath the surface, and leaving Xhan behind. Upon crawling onto the beach, Xhan turned to the West. The sun was setting. It had been a long, cold, wet, day. But he refused to stop. He had to get to Lavender Town as soon as possible. He climbed onto the first rock, glad for the feel of it after his long ride on the Mantine, and walked silently towards Lavender Town.

Derish snuck back to shore just before the boat landed. He waded to shore as the grey surf steadily washed over him. Derish shook himself dry once onland and took off towards Lavender. He din't run, he bounded. It took more energy but he covered far more distance with greater speed this way. At the least he would reach Lavender by dawn or earleir if he took no breaks.

Name: Mark
Species: Bulbasaur
Personality: He's a teeny bit shy around complete strangers (think hotel managers, etc.) He is informative on the brink of being annoying.
Biography: Mark was born in a village of Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and a few Venasaur. He was born with a slightly, well, bulbous bulb. His mother died of some strange disease that was never fully explained to him, but his dad and grandparents are still alive and kicking.
Details:
vye36303.PNG

Other: Likes to cook, and knows a lot about berries and the like. Oh and, here.

Oh and, how do the non-old-people-told-them-so people fit into the story, exactly?

Name: Mika
Species: Houndoom
Personality: Playful, carelful, and a bit annoying at times, Mika doesn't know her own strength yet. She's loud and fun to be around, but is has a very short fuse and sometimes takes things the wrong way.
Biography: Mika used to live in the mountains with her parents and younger brother and sister. She also had a best friend who lived with her named Viari, who was also a Houndoom. Suddenly, a bunch of Tyranitar and Aggron had killed her family and her friend. She didn't take long to leave the mountains and be afraid of Rock-and-Ground types, or any mountain Pokemon for that matter, and gets vicious around them.
Details: Her black fur is silver, and the bones on her back are black. Her orange fur is also silver. She has a pink headband with a tuft of fur hanging over it, like bangs.
Other: From your description, Fred Fredburger sounds weird. Very, very...weird.

((Both accepted... As for your question... I don't really know what you mean by that. What do you mean by non-old-peopele-told-them-so? Wait... Xhan's a mountain-dweller!O_o Yet again, I say that since you guys signed up early enough, you can be one of the "Descendants"))

Okay, never mind. d(oo)b

Mark jumped off of a tall, old oak tree and shot out a vine to grab a branch on the next tree. He moved on in this fashion, brachiating forward until he reached the shore of the island on which he lived. It was a short swim to the other side of the lake, so he carefully vined his large pack, filled with his supplies, over to the other shore and plunged in. The water was temperate and very shallow, so Mark, in great leaps and bounds across the lake floor, made it across. Shaking himself, Mark grabbed his pack and and ran down a path towards Lavender Town, as Grandma Blossom had told him to do. He had then packed his supplies and hurriedly left the village he had called home for his entire life.

Xhan's head was hanging low, his arms laying loosely at his sides, as he kneeled in the middle of an obviously rarely-used path. It was visible, but only because, from what Xhan could tell, some heavy Pokemon had gone this way. Bags were under his eyes, which were bloodshot. He was about to collapse with exaustion. Obviously, traveling isn't my friend... It's completly new to me... He thought. Hopefully, I'll get used to it... He tried to stand up again, but his body refused. After several more attempts, he finally stood up, swayed, then began walking again.

Derish was exausted. He had been moving for 4 hours without rest. He found a stream that he drank from to fill his stomach. He didn't have to time or energy to hunt so he simply slowed his pace to a jog until he got energy back. After his energy returned he moved at a run, so he wouldn't be too tired to pay attention.

Back
Top Bottom