• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Butterfree VS Beedrill

Crazy Weavile

HAI GUYZ
The original common Bug types... Butterfree and Beedrill. Which do YOU prefer? Personally, I like Beedrill better- more streamlined shape and some actual combat ability (EDIT: well, before Butterfree got the buff in D/P, it did that better...). And no x4 Rock weak.

Last edited:
Butterfree. It's prettier and can learn psychic, flying, poison, bug and some leaf attacks.

Butterfree, because it has the second-most accurate sleep attack in the game (Compopundeyes-boosted Sleep Powder). :D And now it gets special STAB attacks, which is always nice.

(That and the part where it's my second favorite Pokémon.)

Butterfree, purely on the fact that it's a special attacker. I've always preffered special attackers to physical attackers. Butterfree can also learn Psychic, one of my favourite moves. Butterfree has a nicer wing design, which the lines are less jagged, and it has a nicer shiny form.

Butterfree can learn a good variety off attacks, has great accuracy for inducing the status effects paralysation, poisoning, sleep and severe poisoning. Now that there are 'special' bug moves, it is also a lot more useful.

Oh, it was one of the first Pokemon I ever caught, and when I battle my brother he always lost against it. It's really more of nostalgia that makes me like it over Butterfree.

Butterfree. Cuter, with a wide variety of skills, and I have a pathological fear of wasps, bees, and other stinging insects.

I don't like either that much, but I have a bit of a bond with Beedrill, because when I used to play the card game, I pwned with a Beedrill-Poisoning Deck.

Butterfree because it can learn psychic moves, and they look better.

I never liked the Weedle line one bit I wouldn't ever catch them if they weren't needed to complete the Pokedex.

Butterfree, because in the older games, I couldn't get Weedle, so I got Caterpie. And Butterfree learns Psychic attacks.

I like both of them for various reasons:

Butterfree is adorable, it's a special attacker, it's body is purple (my third favorite color after brown and green), and it has weird red eyes.

Beedrill is a big wasp with needles for hands, I like its cocoon pre-evo better than Butterfree's, it's cry is awesome, and it also has weird red eyes.

So I'll just go ahead and say I like Butterfree better, just because.

Butterfree, because of prettyness. And special-ness.

*looks at sister unevolving Metapod* Helloooooooooooooooooo? You in there? *explaining She dropped her Crystal game while it was evolving, and it never evolved. Ever.

Beedrill. Always liked the cooler-looking one. Butterfree is good in its own ways, but it's... a butterfly. Personally, I'd find a bee cooler.

Back
Top Bottom