• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

MOTHER 3 Translation finished!

Bluwiikoon

All is fair in love and war
Pronoun
he/him
See here!

MOTHER 3 is the sequel to a game called EarthBound, and up until now it's been Japanese-only. But a team of translators and hackers have been working on it for a long time, and now... it's done. :D Fellow EB/MOTHER fans, rejoice!

Even in Japanese with just a simple menu patch and a walkthrough, it's a brilliant, gripping game, with a heartrending story and awesome characters. Go play it! Seriously.

Last edited:
OH YAY WHOOP DE DOO!

One question. What console is this translation for. Is it on Virtual console?

EDIT: Ach, didn't notice the hyperlink. I'll try to get it now.

It is for the GBA, of course! I wish I had a flash cart to put it onto, because maaan that would be the best thing ever. :D I could take it to the library and stuff and when people ask me what I'm playing I'll be all "MAZAA TSRIIIIII" in capslock and bold and yeah.

I think I'm getting too excited over this but can you blame me it's MOTHER 3.

either way PLAY IT

Last edited:
hey uh... A) what's MOTHER?? and B) do I get VBA then find a japanese VBA game then download the translation, if not then...what do I do? Thanks!

~turbler

hey uh... A) what's MOTHER?? and B) do I get VBA then find a japanese VBA game then download the translation, if not then...what do I do? Thanks!

~turbler

A) It's an RPG series from Nintendo. You may know it as Earthbound. Ness from Smash Bros. was from this series, originally.

B) Actually, if you're interested in this game, I'd recommend you play Earthbound first (which you would need a SNES*winkwink* for. It's not a requirement, but you may appreciate this game a little more if you do.

B) Actually, if you're interested in this game, I'd recommend you play Earthbound first (which you would need a SNES*winkwink* for. It's not a requirement, but you may appreciate this game a little more if you do.

have an SNES my dad gave to me*winkwinks back* how much is earthbound and is it hard to find?
and goldenquagsire I appreciate the help greatly and once I have more free time then I do now I'll get on to it!

EarthBound tends to be pretty rare these days, and apparently auctions can go for over $100. D: Unless you're dedicated and crazy enough, it's probably best to go for the ROM. Or if you're a different type of crazy, you could try getting MOTHER 1+2 on the GBA, but that's in Japanese.

If you guys need any extra help, the ReadMe on the site is good. :D Difficult not to notice the link, but here it is anyway~

Personally, I'm halfway through Chapter One. Would be further, but I was busy with some stuff... *shrug* Either way, it is filled with awesomesauce!

Awesome! =D I've wanted to play Earthbound games for the longest time, and now I can! =D *downloads ROM and patch*

have an SNES my dad gave to me*winkwinks back* how much is earthbound and is it hard to find?
and goldenquagsire I appreciate the help greatly and once I have more free time then I do now I'll get on to it!

Well, I was referring to the rom, but whatever works.

Does your copy of the rom have the Menu Patch attached? If so, you're gonna have to to and download a new one.

It doesn't. It just says "Unable to write to ROM file". I probably am missing something painfully obvious, but please help?

It doesn't. It just says "Unable to write to ROM file". I probably am missing something painfully obvious, but please help?

Hmm...try downloading a different rom. I have the one from here, and it works fine. It's #2377. I can't think of anything you're doing wrong, because the patch application is just telling it which file to apply it to.

Or it could be your emulator. Is your rom file a .gba?

Also, if this is against the rules, mods, please don't smite me. I don't usually recommend these sorts of things, but this is a special case.

Hmm...try downloading a different rom. I have the one from here, and it works fine. It's #2377. I can't think of anything you're doing wrong, because the patch application is just telling it which file to apply it to.

Or it could be your emulator. Is your rom file a .gba?

Also, if this is against the rules, mods, please don't smite me. I don't usually recommend these sorts of things, but this is a special case.

I got it from emuparadise too, and I'm using a Visual Boy Advance. My VBA is a beta of a new version, though. Could that be it?

I got it from emuparadise too, and I'm using a Visual Boy Advance. My VBA is a beta of a new version, though. Could that be it?

It's possible. I can't think of anything else it could be other than technology being stupid.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. D:

It's possible. I can't think of anything else it could be other than technology being stupid.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. D:

You tried, at least. Thanks anyway! I'll get it eventually. Even if I don't, I can always get the handbook, too.

I already have this game in Japanese (ooh I am so cool) but this is great news. :D

Congrats to Tomato, Jeffman, and the rest of the team.

Back
Top Bottom