• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress The Cards of Change

Jason-Kun

Authors Note: I think it is worh noting that that fanfic takes place not in the universe of the anime, or manga, but of the games. Things such as levels will be mentioned, but not in the sense that we know them. Carry on, and have fun.

This story is rated PG-15.

Pokémon: The Cards of Change

Prologue: A History lesson

Kyogre Cruise Ship: 3rd day of Rayquaza 1998, 8:35 PM- Hoenn Standard Time

The bright sun burned over the blue Hoenn Sea on this day. To the far south of the region, a large chunk of land stuck out. This was to be the future region of Kiveon, within a few years time of course. Anyways on this day, a boat could be seen churning through the waters. Small black birds with reddened feather tips flew around the ship. Looking down, they would see tat the boat was painted a deep shade of blue, red symbols carved into the boats wood. The tail of the boat was blue as well, with a bit of white paint. On either side of the boat, flippers painted blue with the same red symbols could be seen jutting out from the sides. The Tailow swooped over a pair of people before swooping off of the boat, probably going to find itself a resting place.

Zooming in on the two people mentioned earlier, we can see that they are talking adamantly. The first, an old man with a thick build standing at about four foot eight smiled at his colleague. Running his hands through his gray hair, he continued speaking. “Sakura, I see you’re getting old.” he remarked with a chuckle.

Sakura frowned, pushing back her bleached white hair. “I’m only eighteen, grandfather.” she replied, emphasizing the word “grandfather” to get her point across. Straightening her black shirt, she put her hands over her brown eyes. Wind blew, causing her black skirt to billow around. “Did you enjoy Sinnoh?” she asked him with a frown.

The man let out a burst of laughter. His belly jiggled as he laughed. “My dear, I love Sinnoh but the truth is Hoenn needs me. As the leading Professor of the Hoenn region, I have a responsibility. One ay this’ll all be…” he was cut off as the ship lurched. Black waves crunched at the bottom of the boat, storm clouds pushing through the sky. The once serene area had become a nightmare. People began to return their Pokémon into their Pokeballs.

As the storm churned, Sakura fiddled with her Great Ball, trying to return her Vaporeon. The teal, blue catlike creature padded forward with her finlike tail keeping balance. Gray mane covered in water, the cat let out a purr as she hit the boat. The boat lurched, sending Sakura falling over the rail and into the water. “I’m…dying. This is the end.” she murmured as her mouth filled with water. The force of the impact coupled with the weight of her clothing, backpack, and water pulled her under. It was the end.

---

Gem Mountain: 22nd day of Mew 1998, 12:30PM- Kantonean Time

Within a conference room, four groups of four sat a circular table. Each group were the Gym Leaders of their respective regions. Roark, Gardenia, Maylene, and Wake represented Sinnoh.

The Hoenn region was represented by Roxanne, Brawly, Wattson, and Flannery.

Kanto was represented by Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, and Erika.

Finally, Johto had Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, and Morty to represent them.

As the sixteen Gym Leaders sat in the room, a small creature walked in. A yellow star moved as the Pokémon wagged its tail. Black fur complimented its legs, a blue furred lion’s head fitting in with its body. On its back, it carried a stack of papers.

A young man, no older than twenty-five, which was also pushing it stood up. A red miner’s helmet sat on his head, reddish brown hair falling in his eyes. A black shirt could be seen clutching to his body, as he pulled a gray jacket with black and yellow cuffs off and placed it on the chair he was sitting in. White gloves patted his matching pants, black rubbed boots hitting the floor as he trudged over to the Pokémon. “Thank you, Shinx. You may go back to Volkner now.” the man, Roark told the small lion cub as he took the papers in his hand. The “Shinx” rubbed against Roark’s leg before bounding out of the room.

Passing out the papers with relative speed, Roark went to sit back in his spot, a silent smirk on his face. Shifting the papers around, he cleared his throat. “Today we are here to discuss the idea of cultivating the island in which Professor Birch’s granddaughter was found. Some members from the Sevii Islands have expressed an interest in starting a new league, as have people from each region who don’t like the current league. They want something like the way the theme park in Poketopia works. Are you following me?” he asked, pushing his dingers through his hair.

A male with deep brown skin stood up, his spiked brown hair billowing in the wind from the air conditioning. His forest green shirt scratched against his black and brown shirt. “Roark, is it true that this island’s only wildlife are plants and the rare Combee? As a fellow Gym Leader, Pewter City’s might I add, I’m curious to how this new league would work out.” the male asked in a soft tone of voice. Murmurs of confusion filled the room, as the remaining fourteen Gym Leaders talked amongst themselves.

A teen, younger than the rest rose from her spot, as the male plopped back into his chair. Ale skin matched well with her red, almost pink hair that was done up in the shape of a leaf. Tugging at the black shirt with a red Maple Leaf in the center, she cleared her throat. “Excuse me, I have an idea. Why not import some Pokemon from each known region? I mean we have Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orre, Fiore, and Almia to import from.” she spoke, setting down. Here, a gruff voice spoke up.

“Although that is a good idea Flannery, I believe we should remove those last three. Does everyone agree with this plan?” the voice that everyone recognized as Bugsy asked. A few people grumbled whilst others nodded in approval. Noticing that this wasn’t going anywhere, Roark stood back up.

“ Since none of us can agree, how about this? We take that new Trading Card game and we base a league off of that with a few modifications? It’ll still cost us money, sure, but at least it won’t be as expensive. Does everyone agree on that?” he asked. Hesitantly, Falkner rose his hand, followed by Roxanne and Crusher Wake. Slowly people began to raise their hands until all but Roark had their hand raised. “It seems we have come to an agreement. Dismissed.” the leader spoke, fiddling with his glasses. There was a shuffling of chairs as everyone filled out of the room. With one final look, Roark shut off the light and closed the door.

A new era of trainers was soon to begin.

Back
Top Bottom