• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Mafia: Day II

Who dies today?

• EvilCrazyMonkey

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Icalasari

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Flareth

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
After the chilling failure to expose any criminals the day before, the denizens of ASB Central creep back to their homes, waiting with increasing uneasiness as dusk creeps on into night. Those that can sleep do so uneasily, many of them watched over by a full team of pokémon told to stay on the alert in the vain hope of repulsing the mafia should they appear. And, of course, the mafia themselves come to life at night, laying their plans and closing in on their target...

The next morning, the wakening citizens once again breathe a sigh of relief as the morning comes on, another night survived. As the call goes out across the city for them to assemble, they drag their tired bodies out to the square for another day of awful, tense debate.

Today, it turns out that it is unnecessary to send parties out in search of the night's casualties. The first few arrivals at the town square recoil in horror as they behold, pinned to the great gyarados fountain that dominates the square, the body of Byrus. The metal pole from a street sign is rammed through his stomach, affixing him to the gyarados' side, and blood is smeared all down the great serpent's flank. The ever-circulating water below, however, is by now clear.

The remaining citizens cower in the far corner of the square while a couple of pokémon are commissioned to remove the corpse; as they converse, however, it soon becomes apparent that a normally quite vocal member of their company is absent. A couple of volunteers, fearing the worst, set out in search of Kusarigamaitachi, only to find it, far from deceased, instead snoozing contentedly on a park bench several blocks away. All attempts to rouse it prove utterly unsuccessful, however--its opinions clearly won't factor in the day's sentencing decision.

Byrus is dead. He was not mafia.

Kusarigamaitachi is sleeping and may not participate in discussion today.

Forty-eight hours for discussion and nominations! Good luck!

o_O
So it seems like the Mafia IS trying to get all the mods out first? Or the experienced people?
Blah, no leads.

Heheh sleeping.

So I guess Walker(r) or Light Mightyena(r) cast Grasswhistle on Kusari. At least it's not dead..

Last edited:
This might mean that one of the variables is with the mafia, and has decided to silence Kusari and then maybe have it killed the next night. That way, they could get rid of all the people that, in their eyes, contribute the most to the discussion.

But yeah, we have no actual leads.

Heheh sleeping.

So I guess Walker(r) or Light Mightyena(r) cast Grasswhistle on Kusari. At least it's not dead..

It's very picky about that >.>

Anyway, their strategy could easily work. All the people who start discussion won't be able to talk and we'll be what the hell.

C'mon maaaaaaan we need these people D:

Ok, so day two?

Hmm... And Pretzel, we do have a lead. I still remember how EvilCrazyMonkey was so eager to jump on me, a newb to this game genre, when I made a simple mistake. Seriously, he seemed eager to get everybody to suspect me, which I did find very odd. By trying to get people to think that I was mafia, he could have easily had everybody kill me, an innocent. Granted, an innocent was still killed (Turbler), but still

Also, as I said in day one:

Heck, they still 'suspect' me, as if to say to everyone, "His points aren't valid. He MUST be mafia! Kill him!"

when my mistakes were, once again, due to newbie error. Heck, think back to before the crash. Did ANY of you ever see me in the Mafia board? No! The closest I ever got to playing it was the werewolf game in the Forum Games board, but that was abandoned by the creator before it even started!

So, I nominate EvilCrazyMonkey, for the reasons stated above. Also, one last thing:

If he nominates me for no good reason, like before, and I am killed, then that will confirm what I said

Quick question: would a dead MD (r) yield a result of "blah was not mafia" when lynched?

Anyway. Second round, still no real leads. Not much to really say. We don't have a Walker/Light Mightyena, unless Kusari is Grass King. I think Keta/Chiropter should get in touch, we need those wishes 'cus all the experienced people are dying. T_T

Hmm... And Pretzel, we do have a lead. I still remember how EvilCrazyMonkey was so eager to jump on me, a newb to this game genre, when I made a simple mistake. Seriously, he seemed eager to get everybody to suspect me, which I did find very odd. By trying to get people to think that I was mafia, he could have easily had everybody kill me, an innocent. Granted, an innocent was still killed (Turbler), but still

I think his logic was that it's better to kill someone that might be a mafia grasping at straws than to kill someone completely randomly. :/

@PichuK: MDr would show up as not mafia if killed, yes.

I still remember how EvilCrazyMonkey was so eager to jump on me, a newb to this game genre, when I made a simple mistake. Seriously, he seemed eager to get everybody to suspect me, which I did find very odd. By trying to get people to think that I was mafia, he could have easily had everybody kill me, an innocent.
~
when my mistakes were, once again, due to newbie error. Heck, think back to before the crash. Did ANY of you ever see me in the Mafia board? No! The closest I ever got to playing it was the werewolf game in the Forum Games board, but that was abandoned by the creator before it even started!

So, I nominate EvilCrazyMonkey, for the reasons stated above. Also, one last thing:

If he nominates me for no good reason, like before, and I am killed, then that will confirm what I said

Simple mistakes are what get people killed, man.

I don't really think 'newbie error' is a valid excuse; see, me and Flareth (Flareth and I, pshaw) are newbies, and I don't see anyone tackling us. And I don't really like how you're targeting EvilCrazyMonkey; it's natural for someone to attack someone who randomly nominates somebody just to get the game going. Plus, I'm sure there were others who voted for you in the poll. So their thinking was not unlike EvilCrazyMonkey's.. of course, this is based on all you've said here. :P

Newb or not, I nominate Icalasari.

Ok, so day two?

Also, as I said in day one:

I've gotta be fucking psychic, because I knew you would quote yourself and renominate me. So, let's see what's behind curtain #2 (i.e., my logic).

Okay, Day 1, you nominated the person that contributed the most to the discussion. Very suspicious. The point of random nominations is to kill those that don't contribute to discussion, so that if we do kill an innocent, it at least won't hinder talking about who's Mafia. That was my logic on Day 1.

Your logic to defend yourself is "Oh, I was just trying to get someone to slip up," which is horrible. We are on computers, so we don't have to directly talk and show emotion, and are gifted with the ability of the edit button to cover our asses.

Later in Day 1, you come back and nominate me because I could be trying to execute an innocent. That is also horrible logic: any and every nomination could be attacked with that reasoning, including yours. This pretty much radiates "plz dont kill me."

So now, in Day 2, you quote yourself with the logic described above (which I just countered, anyway). Not only are you using horrible logic, but you are sticking to it over the course of the game. Also, you've added a new excuse, which is the newbie excuse. Let's face it: this is my first game of Mafia (but that excludes SSBB Mafia, which only lasted a day or two until the database wipe). I, of all people, am a newbie in this game.

In conclusion, I can use all of the same arguments as you, and you can't replicate mine; this shows some pretty lame arguments. I second the nomination of Icalasari.

And I'm new.

But everyone either:

1. Loves me :D
2. Ignores me

@EvilCrazyMonkey and Icalasari: I'll just leave it to you men to fight out >.>

Crowned Clown: Well, I figure that he convinced them to vote for me by pointing out simple mistakes and blowing them out of proportion

And both of you, newb or not, some people are better at these games then others. Just because you figured out that doing a random nomination at the beginning of the game is stupid doesn't mean others will until they do and are swarmed on

Eech… That’s disturbing. This killing doesn’t seem to be in the style attributed to KusarigamaitachiR… hmm.

Meh, I'm too tired right now to think this through too much. Just some things that jumped out at me from the discussion so far (such as it is):

The point of random nominations is to kill those that don't contribute to discussion, so that if we do kill an innocent, it at least won't hinder talking about who's Mafia.

But on the other hand, a Mafia member could easily “contribute” to the discussion, and in doing so could very much hinder our efforts to find the real Mafia. Also, I would think that the point of random nominations would be that they would live up to their name, and target anyone regardless of their level of contribution.

Your logic to defend yourself is "Oh, I was just trying to get someone to slip up," which is horrible. We are on computers, so we don't have to directly talk and show emotion, and are gifted with the ability of the edit button to cover our asses.

Yes, but the Edit button doesn’t help if people see the unedited stuff before the poster realizes that he/she/it made a mistake.

Hmm… I find both Icalasari’s and EvilCrazyMonkey’s arguments not incredibly convincing. Either of them could be right, I suppose… But I’ll admit, the latter’s less-than-civil response to the former has me feeling rather unsympathetic. And we do have to kill someone…

So for now, I second the nomination of EvilCrazyMonkey. I’m not yet ready to defend this to the death – like I said, I'm tired at the moment, my opinion might be different in the morning. If he turns out to not be Mafia, I might start getting a little suspicious of Icalasari, but we’ll see what happens.

I'm not really good at this....but I third the nomination of ECM.

Well, I guess it's because Icalasari is my friend and i don't want him executed. I feel he's innocent...

Ica now you're saying you aren't good at this game.
Okie-doke.
I wouldn't say that I'm good at this game (of course unless anyone else would like to prove that wrong).

But on the other hand, a Mafia member could easily “contribute” to the discussion, and in doing so could very much hinder our efforts to find the real Mafia.
Why does this make truly random nominations better? We could very well be taking out a good innocent, also.

Also, I would think that the point of random nominations would be that they would live up to their name, and target anyone regardless of their level of contribution.
If we test everyone that lives up to their names, then we wouldn't have time to actually nominate someone. That is, if we keep taking back nominations for those who defend themselves.

Yes, but the Edit button doesn’t help if people see the unedited stuff before the poster realizes that he/she/it made a mistake.
Yeah but it works on a lot of people.
Also if they post and edit before anyone else looks at it.
And also
EvilCrazyMonkey said:
We are on computers, so we don't have to directly talk and show emotion,
which was in the same damn sentence and i fail to see how you missed it

Hmm… I find both Icalasari’s and EvilCrazyMonkey’s arguments not incredibly convincing. Either of them could be right, I suppose… But I’ll admit, the latter’s less-than-civil response to the former has me feeling rather unsympathetic. And we do have to kill someone…
We could also both be wrong. But it's better to work off of a lead then to not.

So for now, I second the nomination of EvilCrazyMonkey. I’m not yet ready to defend this to the death – like I said, I'm tired at the moment, my opinion might be different in the morning. If he turns out to not be Mafia, I might start getting a little suspicious of Icalasari, but we’ll see what happens.
if/when i die and am revealed innocent, you can start

I'm not really good at this....but I third the nomination of ECM.
flareth, i love your logic
Well, I guess it's because Icalasari is my friend and i don't want him executed. I feel he's innocent...
all my friends are innocent too
merely b/c they're my friends

Anyone could very well kill you if they wanted, even if you guys are 'friends'. This is a Mafia game! They're not going to have the same aliases as in real life. >.<

I know...I know...but if he is/was innocent, i'd feel sad that I might have nominated him to be executive....

ECM: Sarcasm....xD But you are acting...odd...maybe it's because you're smart. Ok, I'll shut up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom