• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Spriting Challenges Subforum

Read the thread.

• Yes.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • No.

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Valerunner

Probably shouldn't be here.
Pronoun
She/her
Does anyone else think it should be back?

It was a hell of a success back in the old forums, so why not?

It was a success for a bit and then it wasn't.

Also we don't need more cluttery subforums and spriting contests should either be taken to PM or condensed into larger ones.

It was a success for a bit and then it wasn't.

Also we don't need more cluttery subforums and spriting contests should either be taken to PM or condensed into larger ones.
That would be a good idea, but how would voting go?

Voting? o.O I thought there was a judge or something?

Regardless, the novelty apparently died, and there are still larger contests, sprite threads, etc to showcase sprites in.

I remember enjoying Spriting Challenges back at the old forums.
Approval from me. If enough people want to do it.

Yes to bringing it back, but no to having it be the same format of "mix two random sprites and poll them." Sprite contests are fun and they need a subforum for themselves.

Yes to bringing it back, but no to having it be the same format of "mix two random sprites and poll them." Sprite contests are fun and they need a subforum for themselves.
It's a head-to-head.

Spriter 1 makes the thread and randomizes two or more Pokemon to sprite, and Spriter 2 has to submit his, then voting starts. Everyone is allowed to vote.

Having Challenge threads in the contest boards would clutter the whole thing up.

Why? They're very similar. If you asked Butterfree, she might even make 'Contest' and 'Challenge' tags for you.

Besides, they're better in the Artist's Lounge anyway.

It's a head-to-head.

Spriter 1 makes the thread and randomizes two or more Pokemon to sprite, and Spriter 2 has to submit his, then voting starts. Everyone is allowed to vote.

Yeah. Why mixing? And why randomize them? Sure, it levels out the playing field, but often the most creative mixes are from someone saying, "ooh, this would be neat, make a mix of ___ and ___." We had a formula similar to that at PMF, actually-- you specified the type of challenge that you wanted, and then someone would make the board for you.

Besides, mixes are t3h suxxorz.

Yeah. Why mixing? And why randomize them? Sure, it levels out the playing field, but often the most creative mixes are from someone saying, "ooh, this would be neat, make a mix of ___ and ___." We had a formula similar to that at PMF, actually-- you specified the type of challenge that you wanted, and then someone would make the board for you.

Besides, mixes are t3h suxxorz.
That's what I meant, but splices are the most common.

Back
Top Bottom