• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dannichu and Espeon's London adventure

Espeon

Mmhm...
On Sunday, October 26th, I boarded a train, with my friend, directly from my home town to London Waterloo which took just over an hour. We met a very nice Canadian man named Robert who was in the country on a buisness trip. Robert and I were amazed when we timed how long it took my friend to complete a Rubix cube. Just over 2 minutes. After disembarking the train there, walked across a bridge to Waterloo east before getting another train to London Bridge. Luckily we were only on this train for one stop. Venturing onto the tube at London Bridge, the announcement on the train scared me a little. I was slightly paranoid about being blown up in a tube attack before arriving at Bank station. What set it of was that the announcer said: "This train terminates at..."

From Bank, we caught a funny box-like train which would take us straight to the ExCel centre where the London MCM Expo was being held. It was on this train that we accumulated about 5 other cosplayers on the first station, 20 on the next and then about 2 groups of 3 to 7 with each progrssing station until we arrived. We had and overheard a convorsation with a Dragonball cosplayer, a Sephiroth cosplayer and one other.

My friend and I jumped the queue using our awesome early entrance tickets and went straight in after packing coats and things away. We managed to get in after a bit of hassle finding the tickets. We were immediately confronted by a corridor full of cosplayers.

After entering the expo, watching the Dance Dance Revolution players, browsing the manga and having a good game of "count the L cosplayers", my friend and I found ourself waiting for a bit, I was finally able to contact Dannichu in the end.

When we received word of Dannichu's whereabouts, we raced from the robot arena and poked Danni in the back with a nice short wooden sword.

"Dannichu?"

After the slight pause of each other taking in what we looked like in person, we embraced each other in a running hug sort of thing. (I also think I accidentally bashed my shoulder against her chin but she said that didn't matter or something smilar.)

After introducing Dannichu to my friend, we walked off re-exploring the wonders of the shops at the expo. Looked around shops and conversed for a while... Dannichu bought a really cool hat, some posters, some kinda papery thing and well, enough merchandise that she'd be living off of baked beans and tesco's smartprice noodles for the next month or so. I bought a small Pokémon modelly thingy. We both ended up buying matching Pikachu promo cards. I also bought a japanese scyther card. Of course, the best purchase of the day had to have been Dannichu's biting cat hat though. She had the same biting cat on her t-shirt which made the shop clerk go: "BITING CAT!!!!!"

Halfway through the shopping spree we met up with someone Dannichu knew who I believe was called Luke? Either way, we went around as a group of four for a while. Luke made me ask a man in a robotic Dalek costume what their broadband connection was. It shot me with water which mostly went over the people behind me. Despite the fact I didn't get wet, I was still officially owned by a Dalek.

We left the main Expo building into the corridor outside and sat down for ages, meeting Dannichu's sister, Gabbi. I think it was with an "i" anyway. I was also introduced to a person known purely as "Space" and another tallish person who I never actually talked to.

Dannichu decided to leave her DS in the hotel room she was staying in and had to go back to get it. During this time, the remaining group had a game of "PASS THE TOGEPI" which consisted of throwing a football sized Togepi plush to each other at high speeds. Dannichu, you missed out on an epic game there.

Yeah, nothing interesting REALLY happened after Danni left. I had a go at doing an irish river dance and a cartwheel. Both ended miserably.

Danni returned and we had another bout of hugging as she had to go.

It was very sad but I do hope I can see her again soon! :3!

Anyway, I went back into the expo with my friend. Everything was half price as it was hear the end to I bought a white t-shirt with an Olde English "L" on it. My friend and I were then abducted by the conga line.

Afterwards we had a dialemma getting home but it worked out okay!
I then ended up walking from her house to mine in my socks as my little toes both had blisters on them. The shoes I were wearing all day had been 1 size too small. Ouch.

I'm certain Dannichu has stuff to add which I've probably missed out on.

Hey, if I'm not mistaken, I think one of my offline friends went to that expo, too. Awesome.

Also awesome that you got to meet Dannichu. :D

It's awesome that you got to meet Dannichu. The Expo sounds like a ton of fun too. ^^ Sorry about you feet; sounds like that hurts. :x

Awesome. <33 I wish I could've gone but alas my parents are like "EW NERDY ENGLAND-Y PEOPLE NO SARAH >:|"

And due to your rambling about it on IRC you definitely had a awesome time. xD I PROMISE I WILL TRY MY BEST TO COME NEXT TIME.

You got to meet Dannichu? Lucky. I only know one person on this whole entire forum in real life, and that's cillian_murphy_fangirl (one of my bestest friends at school).

Wow, it sounds as if you all had fun. :3 Glad you had a great sojourn with Dannichu. I'll likely never meet anyone on here.

I hope you guys can meet again and stuff and then pass more Togepis around.

Well, it took roughly well...

We left the train station at about 8:35am?

Arrived at the expo around 11:30am-12:10pm? Something like that.

Tailsy, you will come and I will jump on you on sight! :3
Cryssie, you should have come too.
Rwr, my friend and I never really stopped by the DDRUK stand for too long. Shame. xD

Either way, I think the pair of us intend to drag as many TCoDers down in the next expo in May? I think? I'm not too sure.

I missed pass the Togepi? ;;

Aaah, but it was so, so awesome. I went up on the Saturday with my sister, but got horrendously lost so by the time we arrived at the ExCel centre, it wasn't worth buying tickets to go in. So we hung around and caught up with a ton of friends from other anime cons and it was lovely.

My original plan was to go back and stay with a friend of mine at a London uni, but I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of going across London by myself at night, so I stayed with some friends. Nine friends, actually, who had a 3-person room at a hotel. Great fun, that was.

Anyways, we left for the Expo on Sunday morning, with everyone cosplaying but me (which prompted some very weird looks from people on the DLR; there was an Elphaba, a Princess Mononoke, a Princess Tutu, a hippie Jesus, a Captain Jack (from Torchwood) two jesters (Zorn and Thorn from FFIX), a guy from Assasin's Creed a Kuja and me.

Anyways, we went into the ExCel building after taking loads of pictures of the awesome people, and there was so much anime merchandise I wanted it all~ But I couldn't afford it, so I bought my biting cat from Azumanga hat (which I adore), a plushie Mokona (from Tsubasa) bag, a CTU (the government organization in 24) mug and a ton of other awesome stuff!!! :D
Yeah, like Espeon said, I won't be able to eat for quite a while.

And meeting up with Espeon was just too cool; I'm so sorry I had to leave so quickly and things, but we shoukd definately do it again next year (if not in May) and drag along all the other UK TCoDers :3

Who are these two stange people then?

(and even though I don't know these two, I fangirled over them like nobody's business X3)

Wow. How on earth did I manage to blink in that photograph of us?

Seriously.

...I look like a freak in photos.

You lucky son of a female Houndoom. :< I've known her longer than you! Why don't I get to meet her first? >:/

But it sounds pretty awesome.

I get to meet her first because we live in the same country?

Hey, Danni, you said you lived off of baked beans right? If I ever visit you in kent, I'm cooking for you. 8D;;

Why don't I get to meet her first? >:/

It's a shame you haven't managed to become obsessed with anime, you would have a wonderful excuse to go to conventions.

So, Espeon, is Dannichu as... hmm, what's the best word? Happy? Gleeful? Optimistic? Rainbowy? All of the above? as she seems to be?

*is Espeon's friend*

*is active for the first time in weeks*

Canadian Train Guy was epic! Unlike my Rubik's cube solving - completely failed to get close to my record. And the rain sucked, as well.

I am now obsessed with the Togepi plushie. <3 I think he (?) got an awful lot of attention on Sunday, what with the passing about, and all. I'll have to bring him (?) again next year. Plus my DS & Pearl file, actually. Yeah, we should've hung out more at the DDRUk... but I did that on the Saturday as well, so... Oh, and getting free stuff from Brad Swaile rocked. He's a legend.

Ah, we had such shoe problems. I don't know HOW I'm going to explain to my friend's sister that I broke one of her sandals. >__< And yes, you did get completely owned by a Dalek, Espeon.

The biting cat hat was awesome! As was the guy selling it, hehe.

I'll be cosplaying next year as well, although probably as an Ace Attorney character. Hope we can meet up again!

Oh yeah, if you've got any photos, please send 'em. ^^

May? Well, I'm going to England in the end of May, to York. Maybe, if I'm not too late then, we could meet :D

Also, sounds awesome! I wanna meet someone from the internet, too! I'm not sure what Expo is though, can someone what it is, please?

Back
Top Bottom