• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Guitar Hero 3 Help

Ether's Bane

future Singaporean
Pronoun
he
I can't pass Holiday in Cambodia. I always fail at 4-9%. And yes, I alt-strum during the intro's fast part, then slow down in the slower part, where I can even get a x3 multiplier. But then, the transition to the fastest part of the intro's the main problem for me. So, can anyone help with this?

P.S. Hyperspeed won't help, as it's all fast-strumming.

Oh, that part is a pain in the ass. Keep trying. Strum as fast as you can during the fast bits - there's not really much else you can do. Just, uh... don't give up.

And remember - the intro is the only hard part! The rest is a breeze.

Easy.

Keep your SP until the transition, then ONLY use it if you're in the red. And try to remember the chart by practicing. And a tip; remember where the hammer-ons are on the fast parts.

Try lifting your hand up and around the guitar so that your hand is pushing straight down on the strum bar rather than being to the side. It takes more energy, but I for one find myself being able to hit the quick notes far more easily this way so long as they're in short periods of time.

Like MD said, it's only the beginning that's hard; if you can get past that you're in the clear.

That too.

*Wii user*

Anyway, I've heard that twitching your wrist instead of moving your arm is effective for fast-strumming. Is this true, and, if yes, how do I do it.

In other news, I'm also trying to learn tapping. I can tap the Slow Ride YB trill and parts of the Cult of Personality riff on Hard, but what other songs are good tapping practice?

You can do as a guitarist does; rest the ball of your wrist a tad above the whammy bar and keep it there while strumming. Strike the bar with your index and your thumb together as if you're holding a pick. Or if you're willing to get a few scratches on your equipment, use a penny or something hard as a pick.

Back
Top Bottom