• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

EeveeSkitty vs. mumei_tensai

Comatoad

Pronoun
they
2vs2 single
Style: Switch
DQ: One week[7 Days]
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing moves
Arena: Sandy Beach[day]

A small,sandy beach. The sea beside the beach usually has calm waves but they can grow big very suddenly. The weather is sunny automatically.

Each round there is a 10% chance that the waves will grow bigger and wash onto the beach. This will hurt all fire and steel Pokemon to an extent. Pokemon afraid of water will not be hurt but will become less confident for the match.

EeveeSkitty's Party
Luke
eevee
[M] [Run Away]
Exp: 0

Cathy
skitty
[F] [Cute Charm]
Exp: 0

mumei_tensai's Party
Charmander
Ability: Blaze
Experience: -none yet-

Riolu
Ability: Steadfast
Experience: -none yet-

Shinx
Ability: Intimidate
Experience: -none yet-​

"To make mesa happy, follow the following directions!"

Step 1-> mumei_tensai selects Pokemon
Step 2-> EeveeSkitty attacks with predetermined Pokemon (since you have the required amount =3)
Step 3-> mumei_tensai attacks next
Step 4-> You patiently wait for me to reff

REMINDER! Please make your movesets as eligible as possible! I know people like to get crazy with combo's but it gets annoying if it's grammaticaly incorrect as well. (I sound smart don't I? ^^)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
First battle, so I'll probably fail, but it'll be fun~

Rai! I choose you! (the shinx, btw)

Okay Rai, use the time that Luke's underground to Charge up, then quickly hit him with a Thunder when he comes up! Then use Crunch if his last Quick attack hit, otherwise use Swagger.

Charge ~ Thunder ~ Crunch/Swagger

oo
mumei_tensai: Rai [M]

Shinx.png

Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Mood: Excited
Charge~Thunder~Crunch/Swagger

oo
EeveeSkitty: Luke [M]

eevee.png

Ability: Run Away
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Mood: Hyped
Dig ~ Quick Attack ~ Yawn/Quick Attack

Round 1

Nice warm weather and a slight breeze from the waves of the big blue on your typical beach. What a luxurious terrain, no? Well I'm no fan of water but let's get this show on the road. Okay, so we have EeveeSkitty and mumei-tensai standing on opposite ends with tight fists on their Pokeballs. I signal for mumei to select first. With a swift swing of the arm, she tosses out upon the sandy ground a Shinx. His rump raised high with his sassy tail swinging from side to side in almost a playful manner. EeveeSkitty now selects her Pokemon and out comes a yipping Eevee who can't seem to keep still. I hold my red flag for you mumei and my blue for you, EeveeSkitty and without further ado...let the battle...begin!

We start with a series of sand being kicked up off of the beach floor showering all of behind Luke. Before you knew it, his brown furry body dug into the depths of the beach. He had grown tense and calmed a bit feeling uneasy with the loose sand that had already began to come down.Rai wasted no time and shook himself from head to toe while yellow sparks began eminating from his coat of blue and black. Rai let out a sharp purr as his electric abilities were slowly enhanced. The waves remained unruffled.

Luke was now ready to spring out of the ground having felt the tension of being burried underground and lept out the sandy ground and struck Rai in the underbelly. Rai hurtled up into the air and screeched being blinded somewhat by the sun rays and ruthlessly released a highly charged Thunder down at his opponent. Luke had charged directly at his falling opponent and felt the full throttle of the attack evidently crashing down onto his back. Rai landed with a skid with his back to the Eevee's trainer and hissed boastfully.

Luke staggered but rose ready to say "The battle has just begun" when he sprang back into action with another burst of speed. He pumped his back legs hard as a streak of white light trailed after him again but this time, his speed overwhelmed Rai who was thrusted back. An unnerving roar from the sea erupted into a ferocious wave that swept down over the field out of nowhere. It had engaged in monstrosity as quick as a flash compared to its original peaceful state. The two furried fighters shook themselves off and looked rather nervously at each other. Rai hesitantly used Swagger feeling overpowered by the sea itself and nagged at Luke. He poked, nipped and shoved him around till Luke was furious and yet, the fury brought him into a confused state but his attack was raised sharply. The bewildered Eevee only shivered and raised and lowered his ears repeatedly as the sound of the waves became more and more fearsome.

oo

Shinx.png

Health: 84%
Energy: 87%
Mood: Nervous

oo

eevee.png

Health: 78%
Energy: 93%
Status: -1 Attack total per action, +2 Attack total per action, Confused->has 25% chance of striking enemy successfully
Mood: Shaky

KQ's Reff Notes...
-Charge doubled all offensive moves that were Electric
-Lukes Dig lost 2 points due to Reverse STAB and Rai's Intimidate but was doubled since it was Rai's weakness
-Lukes Quick Attack failed since Thunder and Quick Attacks collision broke Lukes attack (attack failure costed one less energy point)
-Thunders damage was doubled but lost a point for evolutionary reasons
-Luke used Quick Attack having failed to execute his previous move
-Luke scored a +1 for STAB but a -1 for Intimidate
-A virtual dice roller determined whether a wave would show up each turn
(roll 10 or higher and it shows up->on a 100 sided die that is)
-Rai successfully executed Swagger
-Luke is confused but has +2 per attack
-All of Rai's attacks costed him an extra point of energy for evolutionary reasons
-Both are rather scared of the sea
-mumei_tensai attacks first next round
-EeveeSkitty attacks second
-I reff

Okay, good job Rai! Now that he's confused, we have a bit more leeway.
Start with a small Substitute to cover you just in case, then chip away at his defenses with Leer. Finally, end with a nice Discharge.

Substitute 10% ~ Leer ~ Discharge

EDIT: Aww, why do I get the Republican flag?
Make my flag rainbow! or silver.

Last edited:
oo

Shinx.png

Health: 84%
Energy: 87%
Mood: Nervous
Substitute 10%~Leer~Discharge

oo

eevee.png

Health: 78%
Energy: 93%
Status: -1 Attack total per action, +2 Attack total per action, Confused->has 25% chance of striking enemy successfully
Mood: Shaky
Facade ~ Attract/ Facade ~ Toxic

Round 2

We left off where Rai just stood victorious on his part of the battle. Every attack made a difference and led to the second round in his favor. He was hit pretty hard with that Dig and Quick Attack but his super-charged Thunder made up for it. Luke on the other hand was lucky enough to escape paralysis but didn't get away without confusion. The two are both a bit unnerved however due to the monstrous wave that joined in the battle. No damage was done by it but the thrashing was a bit of a shock. We now continue with mumei's commands first.

Rai takes his command first and recoils 10% health swapping himself with a doll while Luke goes to attempt a successful Facade. He staggers, jerks his head and- he began to huff repeatedly causing beads of sweat to erupt from his furry coat. He attacked with swift movement and hurt the doll which tumbled and rolled to the side not shattered just yet. The waves are calm...

Rai, still in hiding casted a strange stare upon Luke to somewhat drop his defenses but failed since he couldn't make eye contact with his opponent who was stuck staring at the doll. Luke dizzily stepped towards what he thought was the enemy and again, huffed and beat the doll senseless. It broke with a sudden "POP" and Rai was forced out of hiding. The sea appears to have calmed.

Rai meowed and released a stream of blue electricity from his body. It traveled straight to the dazed Eevee that shook from the unavoidable force. Now that it was Luke's turn with no further commands from mumei to Rai, he had one shot to try and intoxicate his opponent. He strained his eyes to focus and then-he flinched and tumbled back having hurt himself. Too bad... Rai stuck out his blue chest feeling superior to his struggling opponent.

oo

Shinx.png

Health: 73%
Energy: 78%
Mood: Superior

oo

eevee.png

Health: 67%
Energy: 86%
Status: -1 Attack total per action, +2 Attack total per action, Confused->has 50% chance of striking enemy successfully
Mood: Oblivious

KQ's Reff Notes...
-Lukes speed couldn't force his moves first due to confusion
-Rai lost 10% from Substitution
-Luke rolled an 18 on the die allowing him to attack (had to be no higher than 25 on a 100 sided die)
-His Facade only did 7 damage +1 for STAB and +1 from Swagger since Intimidate docked a point from Swaggers effects
-The wave rolled 87 (has to be 10 or lower)
-Rai's Leer failed to lower Lukes defenses because Luke could never see him therefore never made contact with him
-Luke rolled a 4 allowing him to use Facade once more causing the same damage and shattered the doll
-The wave rolled 96
-Rai used Discharge successfully causing STAB damage bonus (+2)
-Paralysis rolled 41 (needed 30 or below)
-Luke rolled 83-attack failed and Luke inflicted 3% damage to himself with only the cost of 1% energy
-The wave rolled 11
-EeveeSkitty attacks first
-mumei_tensai attacks second
-I reff

Okay Rai, start with a quick Thunder Fang to set things off. Then, if he's asleep, use Charge, if not use Crunch. Then, finish off with a Discharge.

Thunder Fang ~ Charge/Crunch ~ Discharge

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought direct healing moves weren't allowed?

……‘磨秃热。。。

Edit: Opps my computer went weird but it's fixed. LOL at the Chinese I wrote...

Okay, Imma redo mine then.

Okay Rai, start with a Charge while Luke's chilling. Then, a nice Thunder Fang. Then use Discharge if the last quick attack hit, Crunch otherwise.

Charge ~ Thunder Fang ~ Discharge/Crunch

BTW, I thought Chill only healed energy, not HP.

Imma stick with the last one I posted.

Okay Rai, start with a Charge while Luke's chilling. Then, a nice Thunder Fang. Then use Discharge if the last quick attack hit, Crunch otherwise.

Charge ~ Thunder Fang ~ Discharge/Crunch

oo

Shinx.png

Energy: 78%
Mood: Superior
Charge~Thunder Fang~Discharge/Crunch

oo

eevee.png

Health: 67%
Energy: 86%
Status: -1 Attack total per action, +2 Attack total per action, Confused->has 50% chance of striking enemy successfully
Mood: Oblivious
Quick Attack~Quick Attack~Tail Whip

Round 3

Round 2 ended with a great shocker, no? I was so looking forward to that last hit but darn...Ah well. The waves are as random as they come and Rai is feeling estatic due to his victorious round we previously witnessed. EeveeSkitty can only hope that Lukes confusion is surmounted before things get ugly...

The first action is taken away by Rai! The little feline shakes about excitedly as great static rises out of his coat of blue and black. He meowed menacingly at the feeling of the charge. Luke is commanded to try a Quick Attack. Luke grumbled quietly feeling uneasy and-BAM! He winced and shuddered as he fell onto his bum. The waves were unfazed by the small ruckus.

Rai happily raised his rump in the air before lunging at the dazed Eevee with a powerful stream of electricity emitting from his teeth. Luke raises his ear awaitting another command. A Quick Attack is hollered out and Luke strains yet again but-WHAM! Another failure. He watched helplessly as the mouth closed on his back and sent electric pumping through his body. A sudden shadow grew over the battlers as a ginourmous wave came tumbling down. Rai was still latched onto Lukes back. The two Pokemon rose and shook themselves off and-Luke had recovered from his confusion after that cold splash of water! Well done Luke!

Rai, recalling he hadn't been hit proceeded with a follow up Crunch. His fangs continued to dig into the Eevee who was full aware of his current situation. With out another option, Luke frisked his tail about beneath the Shinx who let go and backed off feeling less wary and took a disliking to it as his Defense was lowered. The waves grew smaller again bringing the long awaitted round 3 to a close.

oo

Shinx.png

Energy: 67%
Mood: Uneasy

oo

eevee.png

Health: 44%
Energy: 82%
Status: -1 Attack total per action, +2 Attack total per action
Mood: Aware and alert

KQ's Reff Notes...
-Lukes speed couldn't force his moves first due to confusion
-Rai raised his Electric Attacks by x2 for 3 rounds
-Luke rolled an 80 on the die not allowing him to attack (had to be no higher than 50 on a 100 sided die) -3% health
-The wave rolled 78-no thrashing
-Luke rolled a 94 on the die not allowing him to attack, -3% health
-Rai's Thunder Fang did double damage and recieved +1 after applying STAB bonus
-The wave rolled 4-thrashing!
-The cold water awaoke Luke from his confused state
-Rai used Crunch and lost 1% damage from reverse STAB
-Luke used Tail Whip and lowered Rai's Defense so that all attacks from Luke get a +x1/4
-The wave rolled 19-no thrashing
-Rai got an extra 1% deducted from energy from evolutionary affects and another 1% deduction for Crunch not being of Shinx's type
-mumei_tensai attacks first
-EeveeSkitty attacks second
-I reff

Okay, good job Rai!
Start off with a quick Leer to even out his tail whip, then just chill for a round. End with a nice Spark.

Leer ~ Chill ~ Spark

Back
Top Bottom