• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

PC automatically switching on

Zeph

from up here the sky is my thoughts
Pronoun
he
For the past week or so, every morning my computer has somehow started up without any apparent cause. I definitely Shut Down every night (Via the Start menu), and I'm sure that no-one comes into my room and switches it on (Why would they anyway?).

Unless the Shut Down button has somehow been altered to a duplicate of Restart, I really have no idea what is happening.

Has anyone heard of anything like this before, or what might cause it?

Hmm, I haven't heard of anything like that. Has you checked that the Power switch is sticking? It might get a bit stuck. If it bothers you (i.e. waking you up) why don't you unplug it from the mains? Other than that I'm not sure, sorry...

It only wakes me up if there's a CD in or the headphones or unplugged, because then I get the XP theme blaring into my room and a sound like a jet engine at unholy hours. It doesn't really bother me, it's just a bit freaky. I think I'll unplug it from the mains actually, yeah.

Back
Top Bottom