• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stories of ridiculous attempts to be Politically Correct?

Icalasari

YAY! NEW AVATAR! :D
I was looking on another forum, and saw a link. I clicked it and found out that a town banned Christmas.

Erm, yeah, good luck with that

Anyways, that got me thinking:

Do any of YOU have any stories, whether they happened to you or you stumbled upon them reading or watching something, where political correctness went just a little TOO far?

I could see a completely secular town banning Christmas. I really could. Just as I could see the retards around here banning Halloween for being Satanic and pagan (oh, except no one around here fucking knows that, retards).

Um... All I can think of is how the old Nursery Rhyme Baa Baa Black Sheep was recently changed to Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep to prevent it being racist or something - bearing in mind that it was created years before white people even knew about black people.

Um... All I can think of is how the old Nursery Rhyme Baa Baa Black Sheep was recently changed to Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep to prevent it being racist or something - bearing in mind that it was created years before white people even knew about black people.

Rainbow sheep? That's ridiculous! A black sheep is just that; a sheep with dark-colored wool! Not any metaphors about slavery- seriously, I'm all for interpretation of nursery rhymes, but these people are looking too hard!

One night I was babysitting and the kids were asleep and in the absence of anything else to do, I raided the nine-year-old girl's book collection and ended up reading some of my favourite Enid Blyton stories.

Much to my horror, they'd changed all the hilarious names~ Fanny is now Franny and they changed Dick to Richard. ):

Once a ten year old boy was arrested for making racist comments about a Muslim classmate, referring to him as "paki" and "bin Laden". The court was told the boy in question had also referred to the white boy as "white trash" but that the two had since become good friends.

The case was thrown out, and several Muslim societies praised this decision as "a victory for common sense".

OK, I agree blatant racial slurs are bad, but come this is just silly.

Rainbow sheep? But that's, like, discrimination to gay people!

D:

My sister's drama teacher was brought to court for doing an instant improvisation exercise that involved the Devil. Apparently anything Satanic isn't approved by today's society. Naturally, common sense prevailed.

I can't be arsed to find the link but once this group of Christians tried to ban a talking barbie doll because it sounded as if it was praying in Muslim.

All I can think of is people trying to stop us from calling a certain type of tank top a 'wife-beater'. I mean, that's just what it's called. I'm certainly not going to marry a girl - not that I could - and hit her because of it. D:

EDIT: And oh yeah: Around here, there are guys with horsedrawwn carts called Arabs that sell fruit and people are making a fuss to call them something different.

I don't know if this goes under "politically correct", but the Hello Kitty homepage(or something) wanted to ban people using sarcasm(or at least a rule against it) from their message boards in order to make it more "kid-friendly". I mean, seriously, what the bleeping fork?

I don't know if this goes under "politically correct", but the Hello Kitty homepage(or something) wanted to ban people using sarcasm(or at least a rule against it) from their message boards in order to make it more "kid-friendly". I mean, seriously, what the bleeping fork?

That's just... hilariously wrong.
It's so disturbing and bizarre that it's far easier to laugh hysterically than to get angry about it.

Aww, that article is so cute~ It's like the forces of Christianity, Judaism and Islam all joined forces and became friends :3
I think absurd political correctness is great if it brings communities together like this :D

The Telegraph is a terrible, terrible newspaper, anyway.

My friend has a satirical book of politically-correct fairytales. It's hilarious.

no

that didn't happen, it's just a story passed around by idiots who want to be all "OMG POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD"

Back
Top Bottom