• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

RandomTyphoon vs. Blaziking 175

Comatoad

Pronoun
they
2vs2 single
Style: Switch
DQ: a month
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5 per Pokémon
Arena:Halloween Temple
The Halloween Temple is an old abandoned building, where ghosts thrive. There are bars jutting out form every which way. A dark shadow falles over everything.Crumbing steps lead to a huge empty cauldron. Cobwebs litter the floors.
Of course, Ghost-Types love to be with peers, so they get +1 acuraccy.
Every three rounds, either a Gastly, Haunter, or Gengar swoops around, and any non-Ghost types get -1, -2 or -3 Defense, respetivly. Part-Normal or Full Normal types, however, are not affected, because of their natural immunity. The Pokemon can use the ragged and ripped-up envirenment to advantage.

RandomTyphoon
Hoothoot.png
Buizel.png
Mankey.png

Blaziking 175
Cyndaquil.png
Bellsprout.png
Remoraid.png
Yanma.png

"To make mesa happy, follow the directions!"

Step 1-> Blaziking 175 selects Pokemon
Step 2-> RandomTyphoon selects Pokemon and attacks
Step 3-> Blaziking 175 attacks next
Step 4->Patiently wait for me to reff

REMINDER! Please make your movesets as eligible as possible! I know people like to get crazy with combo's but it gets annoying if it's grammaticaly incorrect as well. (I sound smart don't I? ^^)

OK,Skylight, let's hit it!^^
First, use Hypnosis to lull the fishy to sleeep. Then, a Zen Headbutt will do nicely.
Finally, fly up and land on a bar to stay safe.

Hypnosis~Zen Headbutt~Land on bar

Hmm, alright then. Swimmy, start off with a Double Team attack to try and dodge Hypnosis. Then use Charge Beam. Finish it off with a Thunder Wave attack.

Double Team ~ Charge Beam ~ Thunder Wave

oo
Blaziking 175: Swimmy [F]

Remoraid.png

Ability: Sniper
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Mood: "WHERE'S THE WATER?!"
Double Team~Charge Beam~Thunder Wave

oo
RandomTyphoon: Skylight [F]

Hoothoot.png

Ability: Keen Eye
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Mood: Flutterful
Hypnosis~Zen Headbutt~Land on bar

Round 1

Here we stand in a-rather spooky environment...Creaking floor boards, dark walls and bars sticking out of who knows where. A slight chill runs up your spine if you happen to hear or feel something whisper gostly into your ear. It is these two brave trainers who dared to battle each other in such a wicked terrain. At my command, Blaziking had given a quick snap at the wrist and out emerged from a multi-colored sphere a Remoraid he prefers to address as "Swimmy." Swimmy angrily flopped onto the ground and straightened herself so that she lay on her belly. Her gills opening and closing desperate for water. RandomTyphoon on the other hand called out to his owly friend, "Skylight." She bounced from one leg to the other on the loose floor boards rather pleased with the dark environment. Now with nothing to hold us back, Blaziking-red flag and RandomTyphoon-blue, let the battle-BEGIN!

The first to take action is RandomTyphoon's Skylight. She rapidly flapped her wings and sent rings emitting drowsiness directly at the fish out of water. Swimmy, although flustered by the fact she was on a hard wood floor managed to flop about rapidly and with each hard smack came a duplicate of herself. About 3 trailed after her and the second one in line took the sleep. It dispersed soon after. Skylight glared at the 3 remaining fishies lined in a row.

Skylight hooted angrily and began to fly towards her opponent(s) taking a guess as to which was her true enemy. Her brown and black feathered head began to glow brightly as force was stored into it and she launched herself at the one on the end. The Remoraid was thrusted back and hit the wall and-it didn't fade away. Swimmy screeched in agony as she sunk to the floor. The 2 remaining clones awaitted orders. Swimmy rolled over onto her side and from her mouth and her clones mouths emerged beams of electricity at the cheerful owl. They all collided with their target causing heavy damage and an electrified Hoothott.

Skylight, rather shooken had fluttered up to a nearby pole that was sticking through the face of a portait. Swimmy flipped onto her belly again, panting and gasping for the freshness of water but understood there was none for her. At the command of Blaziking, she forced a weak chain of electricity at Skylight who apparently, was elevated too much so the electric died out before it could reach its target. The two growl angrily as they feel their aching bodies cry out.

oo

Remoraid.png

Health: 92%
Energy: 90%
Mood: Seeking water

oo

Hoothoot.png

Health: 94%
Energy: 94%
Mood: Uneasy

KQ's Reff Notes...
-Hypnosis had a 25% chance of hitting its target
-I used a virtual die to determine whether it did or didn't
-On a 100 sided die, it rolled 34 (25 and under meant successful hit) and failed
-Swimmy's amount of clones weren't specified so I chose 3 randomly
-Skylight rolled a 25 (needed 30 or below for hit) and successfully hit Swimmy
-Swimmy's Charge Beam caused 6 damage because since Skylight is part Normal too, damage is only multiplied by 1.5
-A point of damage was also reduced because of reverse STAB
-Swimmy gained +2 on Sp. Attack
-Skylight flew up onto a pole evading all attacks
-Swimmy's attack therefore missed
-Blaziking 175 attacks first next round
-RandomTyphoon attacks second
-I reff

Erm, there's no water, right.

Ah well. First use another Double Team attack, then use Ice Beam, and finish it all of with another Thunder Wave!

Double Team ~ Ice Beam ~ Thunder Wave

Yeesh.
Uh, Ok.
Try a Reflect, then go with a Calm Mind if Ice beam hits. If not, tie up everyone-and I do mean everyone-with Grass Knot. Then, either way the cookie crumbles *bad metaphor*, end it with Shadow Ball!
Reflect~Calm Mind/Grass Knot~Shadow Ball
EDIT: I know, that Blaziking 175 is banned for a while, I just wanted to get this down first. Is Okay?=D

oo

Remoraid.png

Health: 92%
Energy: 90%
Mood: Seeking water

Double Team~Ice Beam~Thunder Wave

oo

Hoothoot.png

Energy: 94%
Mood: Uneasy

Reflect~Calm Mind/Grass Knot~Shadow Ball

Round 2

We last left off where both had gotten a good beating out of each other. Swimmy is a fish out of water and Skylight is rather startled by the shock of Swimmy's attacks. This is said to be the last round for a while so let's make this one quite the match! Swimmy gets the head start this round so let "Round 2" begin!

Swimmy and her 2 clones broke into another breathless flop in a circle and for each 3 desperate flops came another Swimmy from each Remoraid already present. There were now 6 gasping fish surrounding the pole on which Skylight was standing upon. Skylight nervously hooted and flapped her wings as she lowered herself while creating a gold like aura around herself. She landed in the middle feeling outnumbered.

All Swimmy's opened their fishy lips and a steady beam of ice erupted from each ones mouth. Their target was fairly easy to locate but their mightful attacks did nothing. Instead, they hurtled back and struck 2 which luckily for Swimmy, had dispersed and disappeared. Skylight was unaware of how much longer her defenses were to be held and released to keep it from eating away at her energy. Since the Ice Beam did not hit, Skylight was to use Grass Knot. She instead turned to face RandomTyphoon and ranted angrily being incapable of executing such a move. By the end of action 2 she was fuming.

With 4 Swimmy left, they grew more relaxed sensing anger between opposing trainer and Pokemon. They then shook about and exerted another electrical force from their bodies. The angered owl looked and hesitantly obeyed her trainer and prepared a dark ball of energy at her beak. The Thunder Wave struck first not allowing Skylight to try for a collision but she did get to attack before she was paralyzed. She had thrust the dark energy ball at the one infront of her and-THWAP! Swimmy skidded back and the clones watched rather surprised. SKylight puffed her chest triumphantly but kept her gaze off of her master.

oo

Remoraid.png

Health: 84%
Energy: 79%
Mood: Shifty

oo

Hoothoot.png

Energy: 82%
Status: Paralyzed (25% chance of successful move next round)
Mood: Tense

KQ's Reff Notes...
-Another random amount of clones created
-Reflect held up for 2 actions
-An extra 2% was taken off for the extra action defense
-The Ice Beam took out 2 clones
-Hoothoot cannot learn Grass Knot
-Thunder Wave paralyzed Skylight (25% chance move will work next round)
-Skylight's Shadow Ball worked
-RandomTyphoon attacks 1st next round
-Blaziking second
-I reff
*The DQ is off until our battlers return*

((Uh-oh, I didn't realize about the fact that I attacked first.>>))
Alright Skylight, I know this is a bit tough, but let's try a Frustration, since I see you are..really mad. Secondly, get the bugger back with Drill Peck.
Finally,Hypnosis.

Frustration~Drill Peck~,Hypnosis

Hmm, alright, this is looking kind of blarg right now for us Swimmy.

Alright, first start off with another Charge Beam attack. Use another Charge Beam the second time. After that is all good and done, Protect yourself. Please. We need no sleep.

Charge Beam~Charge Beam~Protect

oo

Remoraid.png

Energy: 79%
Mood: Shifty
Charge Beam~Charge Beam~Protect

oo

Hoothoot.png

Energy: 82%
Status: Paralyzed (25% chance of successful move next round)
Mood: Tense
Frustration~Drill Peck~Hypnosis

Round 3

Wow...okay. Unaware this was set to go I am now back and hoping I'm not in trouble.:sweatdrop: So let's recap eh? We left off with SKylight holding the lead even though she skipped over an action that was fairly impossible for herself and Swimmy has about 3 clones left to support him. I'm getting the chills in here but the battle is just getting warmed up! Ghost Pokemon have now revealed themselves have it being the third round of the match. Alright you two-go!

The battle rages on with Skylight taking on actions first but before that, Swimmy's Defense is lowered by one this round (correct me if I handle this wrong). With obvious anger, Frustration was a well thought of move. The Hoothoot made no hesitation to come down and began beating down on 1 of the four Swimmy's that were flopping about on the floor. Skylight grew calm but felt a twinge of aggrivation seeing the Swimmy beaten to a pulp was a fake and dispersed. Swimmy flopped up hard off the ground and released a electric stream of light that thrusted the bird back away from the huddle of fish. Skylight ruffled her feathers nervously and watched as the attack raised Swimmy's SP. Attack rather intimidated now.

Skylight stood back up and fought through the paralysis again and dove towards the crowd of fish that were flopping about helplessly. She spun as her beak grew and glimmered. The bird swept down on one that instantly burst once again leading the Hoothoot to epic failure. Swimmy sprang up and again released a stream of electricity like a beam at the angry owl sending her against a cushion like figure that was surprisingly a Gengar. The Gengar faded away having been revealed to everyone and a few Ghastly fled from underneath the boards back up the stairs into a dark room. The sneaky Gengar had unitentionally cushioned the birds fall but had withdrawn as if he had seen a ghost.

The bewildered Skylight shook herself off and then relaxed as she escaped paralysis for a thrid time. Her eyes glowed a gleaming red and she began staring hard at one of the fish. The Swimmy that was caught in her gaze was soon shielded by a bubble of flashy green protecting both remaining Remoraids from further damage. Skylight wasn't the smartest of Pokemon but saw who had summoned the shield narrowing down her target from where she stood. There was no mistaking who the imposter was and unless some tricky movement be made, the target was as good as settled.

oo

Remoraid.png

Energy: 69%
Mood: Not too nervous

oo

Hoothoot.png

Health: 74%
Energy: 73%
Status: Paralyzed (50% chance of successful move next round)
Mood: Unmoved by paralysis

KQ's Reff Notes...
-Swimmy's Defenses down by 1: Attacks do +1 damage (not Sp. Attacks)
-Skylight was unaffected because she is Normal & Flying
-Skylight rolled 5: Paralysis did nothing this action
-Skylight used Frustration: cooled down in temper but rose a bit after hitting wrong target
-Skylight had rolled a 38: needed a 25 to hit real Swimmy
-Swimmy used Charge Beam: 5%->-1 due to reverse STAB, x1.5 due to types, +2 from Sp. Attack
-Swimmy raised Sp. Attack: Sp. Attacks do +2 (total +4)
-Skylight rolled 11: Paralysis did nothing this action
-Skylight rolled 93: attacked fake Swimmy again (needed a 33)
-Swimmy used Charge Beam: 5%->-1 due to reverse STAB, x1.5 due to types, +4 due to Sp. Attack raised
-Swimmy raised Sp. Attack: Sp. Attacks do another additional +2 damage (total: +6)
-Skylight rolled 7: Paralysis did nothing this action
-Skylight rolled 84: attacked fake Swimmy (needed 50)
-Swimmy used Protect and shielded him and his last clone from Hypnosis
-Blaziking attacks 1st
-RandomTyphoon attacks 2nd
-I reff

Due to RandomTyphoon failing to post within a month, this match has been ended with a DQ. The victor is Blaziking 175.​

Prizes!
$8 for Blaziking
$5 for me

Since RandomTyphoon lost to DQ, she recieves nothing and is barred from accepting and making challeneges for 2 months. See you in April.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom