• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I got published on Anime News Network!

IcySapphire

First, some context:

One column on Anime News Network is called "Hey, Answerman!" One feature of said column is "Hey, Answerfans!" in which the writer poses a question about anime-dom to the surfers.

Last week, the question was "What is/was the anime series that reminds you why you're an anime fan?"

The following is what I wrote:

Me! said:
The one series that reminded me why I'm an anime fan would have to be Strike Witches. Now normally, I don't really care for sci-fi or action anime, but since there was a little magic involved (eg. the "transformations" when the girls get into their Striker Units), I was piqed and decided to give it a shot.

So the big day Strike Witches premiered arrived, and I sat down to watch it--right when it got to the first major fight scene and Yoshika was told to take shelter...CLIFFHANGER!!!!

I was stunned--it was starting to get good, and I had to wait a week to see what happened next?

So I kept coming back, eager to learn how the different characters would get out of the battle/tough situation du jour. I could relate to Yoshika's desire to help people, and I connected with Mio's firm but gentle guidance to lead the rest of the Witches. But the longest week of the run was episode 9, when Mio was shot down. The pleas of Yoshika over the To Be Continued... screen were my own: Please, Mio, don't die!

All that week, I began thinking about what would happen if Mio lived, and what direction the series would travel in if she died. If she lived, I would be estatic; but I also had to account for the very grim possibility that the character I loved most could die. When I learned at the beginning of episode 10 that Mio was going to live, I heaved a huge sigh of relief.

It has been a long time since I was that concerned over an animated character, and in the end, Strike Witches turned out to be one of my favorite series--and one I hope gets a sequel soon

I admit to reading Anime News Network's articles.
I'm glad for you! :D That's lucky. Hey, Answerman! (And its afore-mentioned spinoff) are always pretty entertaining to read. :)
Congratulations.

Good article, because now I totally see how Strike Witches reminds me I'm an anime fan.

It's got loli, kemonomimi, and mecha musume. At the same time. I find this extremely pleasing.

Oh, and it's delicious combination of good character development, smooth action sequences, and ridiculous fanservice.

Can't wait for the uncensored DVD version to get completely released. >.>

Aww, that's awesome! Congratulations!

And well done on writing such a good piece, too; makes me want to see it :D

You must feel really proud about this. Well done.

Also, I'm partially intruiged by this anime as well as Danni.

Strike Witches ran on crunchyroll this summer...it's essentially about a alternate history version of World War II where these aliens called Neruoi are the bad guys--and the Strike Witches are these girls with magic power who fly using devices called Striker Units (imagine being able to fly by a jet engine you wear on your legs, and that's a Striker Unit)

The girls don't wear pants.

Man, I'm a bad person.

Let me add that the drama is a bit iffy, and at least one gag is badly placed.

It's really funny, though.

Back
Top Bottom