• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Mafia: Day IV

Who dies today?

• Chiropter

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • thor165

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
It's hard to say whether the citizens of ASB central sleep better this night than they have previously; last night turned out all right, after all, but their efforts to capture the criminal element among them continue to be totally unsuccessful. There's nothing most of them can do but wait until morning.

When morning arrives, a few members go so far as to actually be optimistic as they step out onto the city streets and start to make their way towards the central square. A terrified scream, though, is enough to shatter whatever confidence they may have had.

Trainers rush to find the source of the noise, only to find a terrified citizen backing away from an awful sight. o_O is sprawled in the middle of the street, blood dribbling out of a mouth set into an awful, broad grin. His torso is mangled, long slashes crisscrossing it--surely far more than would be necessary to kill any normal human. All around his corpse spreads a sticky puddle of blood, unnaturally dark to the point that it borders on purple.

The group moves in to console the unfortunate member who made the discovery, only to hear another yell from closer to the square. Unnerved, the remainder of the trainers move off to investigate. Another trainer is bent over a still form lying in the middle of the road, not far from the meeting place--someone who didn't manage to make it far last night, it would appear. MidnightSaboteur, much to the relief of the other trainers, proves to be no more than sleeping, but no amount of shaking or yelling can rouse him. A faint smile graces his lips as he slumbers on, clearly under the influence of some powerful attack.

o_O is dead. He was mafia.

MidnightSaboteur is sleeping and may not participate in discussion today.

Forty-eight hours for discussion and nominations.

I may be reading too far into the description, but this:

All around his corpse spreads a sticky puddle of blood, unnaturally dark to the point that it borders on purple.

Makes me think that o_O was Music Dragon (r).

Also I'm here.

When MD dies, it'd be shown as "not mafia," so I doubt he was MD. ...right...?

If that's the case, then why would they kill one of their own? Did he spill something or what? Was he Walker/Light Mightyena, 'cus he suspected both Kusari and Midnight, and they've both fallen asleep.

One down, ...I forget how many to go. Anywyas, giben that the blood is so 'unnaturally dark' it makes me think that we got Kusari(r) :o woo go teenage angst in action

And for the record, Midnight's a girl.

hey I read that someone's blood was green when he was overdosing on migraine medications.

But anyway. o_O is mafia! Looking at the other threads, he was usually like "Oh, no leads."

I wonder about that thor165 guy, though. I checked out his profile, and apparently he hasn't been on since October 11. Either he's not mafia, or he is and his actions are being randomized.

I highly doubt his actions are being randomized; there's a definite pattern to all these killings, and by that I mean the Mafia is going after the people who talk the most and are the most helpful. Thor165 is likely innocent.

As for why o_O died, maybe he was Mightyena and the mafia, only seeing some guy/girl that was being talkative, decided to kill him. Grasswhistle does come before the Mafia strikes, and the variables can't talk privately with the Mafia.

Unless he was Music Dragon(r).

...Holy carp I forgot about this. ;_; Sorry guys, I'll get back into it now. (I probably got you all like, "let's kill her D<" now)

o_O can't have been Mightyena. Even if she was, she wouldn't have been killed by the Mafia. See the rules:
ASB Halloween Mafia said:
If Walker or Light Mightyena chooses to align with the Mafia, he or she is informed of who the Mafia members are and they of who he or she is, but not until the end of the first night. When killed, Walker and Light Mightyena appear to be innocent no matter what their true alignment was.

...Uh, so. Assuming Day 1's killings were friendship deaths, I'm at a loss as to what this death was. But... hey, wait. No, never mind-- I thought it might have been the randomizer, but then we would see it. :/ So I still don't know.

...Oh! Conflicting wishes maybe? No... that wouldn't result in this sort of death, with slashing and everything... hm. This round is triiiicky.

... like FMC, when I first looked at it, I could've sworn it said "not mafia"... but whatever. Maybe it was because I saw "slashes" and immediately thought Kusari(r) did it... bah.

Well, only two to kill left since the variables can't kill (from what I remember of previous games), whoop!

Also @Prettzel:

Mafia rules said:
It is, however, strictly forbidden for dead players to communicate with living players in any way, and for living players to communicate about the game elsewhere than in the game thread unless their roles are specifically denoted as being allowed to speak (does not apply to this game variant).

I think all mafia can talk to each other anyway, but because of this, even if that wasn't the case, they can converse. They know whom all the other mafia members are, so there's nothing stopping them. The rest of us don't know who to trust (except FMC(r)/m-p(r) - though they're described as being unable to communicate, Negrek might've just forgotten to remove it, since it seems to contradict the rule quoted above), so we can't take advantage of it.

But... hmm. o_O did a good job of not really saying anything except being fearful of killing MD on that day nobody died. From his comments, most likely thor is innocent because o_O supported thor's death, as well as MidnightSaboteur's (and mine but from my fingers that doesn't mean much to you, does it?).

Unless there's something odd going on within the mafia, Wish caused either WUE or o_O's death, and the rival role caused the other. So Wish would cause either strangling or slashes... which would keep Kratos or I guess Icalasari as FMC(r)/m-p(r). If we say that the unnecessary amount of slashes is more likely to be caused by someone "mad with grief" like the rivals would be, that would put Icalasari as FMC/m-p. Strangling is also different from the other killings we've seen so far (in that it doesn't release tons of blood), so it could be Wish.

Although we may be reading too much into the descriptions. >>;

(except FMC(r)/m-p(r) - though they're described as being unable to communicate, Negrek might've just forgotten to remove it, since it seems to contradict the rule quoted above)
I don't know what you mean by this. FMC and moon-panther are informed of one another's roles, but they are not allowed to communicate. I do not see how this contradicts what you quoted.

Soooo... the mafia probably killed Music Dragon(r), or o_O was Mafia and got revenge killed. I think it's Music Dragon, since according to the ASB Mafia thread Kusari(r) kills with slashes. Although might too be a case of reading too much into the description, I wonder what the 'broad grin' part means.

Personally, the way 0_o went on yesterday about being careful about killing Music Dragon, I'd say he was probably MD. I figured as much...which would tie in with the lack of death yesterday...
So...what do we do now?

Negrek: Maybe not, but since the quoted rule seems to say that any living member can talk with the others, that would make them the only two people who can't talk to one another. It struck me as odd, I guess (though I may be reading it wrong).

...okay, so I seemed to have missed the part that says MD(r) is identified as Mafia post-death if it dies in that form, so that changes things. >>; I'm going with o_O = MD(r). It fits in with the lack of death, yeah, and because of his screams about not attacking MD(r), we could interpret them as he wanted to be killed. And he spoke up more than usual yesterday, but the comments were fairly useless. He went and stated suspicion on me and MidnightSaboteur for really no reasons at all even though that's why a lot of us, including me, were suspecting Icalasari.

The mafia, after seeing that they failed to get him, would also probably target him again just in case, and it is in their usual style anyway.

And we should err on the side of there being more mafia left, in this case.

It says that it is prohibited for:

...living players to communicate about the game elsewhere than in the game thread...

The prohibition on moon-panther and FMC speaking is only an indication that they are not exempt from this rule.

First Mafia member, cool.

Looking back on it, it does seem like MD(r). It says more slashes than needed to kill a normal human... Either o_O was MD(r) or the Mafia went crazy about killing people.

...And I just had a major brain fart *hands problem over to Kusari* I'll let you handle it >.>

Or is that referring to something else?
The clause directly before it, "...unless their roles are specifically denoted as being able to speak." There are no such roles in this game, besides Mafia.

It's more likely that the mafia offed MDr, especially considering the slash part of the description. That and o_O's behaviour which has been covered already.

Okay, guys, it's nominating time, because by the time I'm back from brunch tomorrow, someone needs to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom