• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Firefox and 'Content Encoding Error'

Coloursfall

THIS IS HOW WE BLEED
yeah. Firefox is doing something weird. It randomly will give me this error, which lasts like... a few minutes on every page then goes away, then comes back again. And when I was viewing a thread, it was normal untill about halfway down, where it showed a jumble of HTML (which I didn't screencap, stupidly. I will if I see it again.)

Any ideas with what's going on?

I've gotten that message myself, but only for one site and certainly nothing on the forums here (said site doesn't work in IE either, so it could very well be a problem with the site itself).

In any case, I haven't done a very deep search on this, but it appears that other people encounter problems with this, but about the only thing I see to deal with it is using ctrl + F5 to reload the problem page without the FireFox cache. Though some people say this only works once... give it a shot, anyway.

hnn.. Well, I haven't seen it since this morning, so I think it may have gone away... wonder why it was there, anyway.

Hmm, I haven't seen this problem before, but I guess you could always ask someone at the firefox site. :/

Back
Top Bottom